Schwan's

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Schwan's in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview within 24 hours of applying online, and a personal interview within a few days. The next step was riding with a current employee for part of a day.

I didn't hear much for nearly 2 months afterwards, and had written off Schwan's. Out of the blue, I got a phone call offering me a job.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, just one odd one: "How will your wife & family feel about you being gone 12 or 14 hours a day?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The job & the comp structure are what they are.

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Route Sales Representative, Schwans

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Schwan's in April 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online I was contaced by a Depot Sales mgr and by Human Resources. Set the one on one interview for the next day. The initial inerview lasted roughly 30 min. The inerview was focused on mainly sales experience and how much "drive" I had to sell. Focused alot on customer service and developing relationships with customers. After the interview, which went well, I was invited to a spend the next day with a route driver to complete the second part of the interview process. Showed up at 8 A.M. the next day, to meet my ride along guy, who was not aware I was working with him that day, and finally after almost 15 hours and well over 100 stops, left the depot at 11 P.M. The man I worked with all day and evening was a super guy. Before leaving for the night, I also had a short meeting with the Sales Mgr to follow up on what I thought and of what they thought of me during the ride along. They liked what they saw in me and I was offered a base line position at this time and was asked if I was willing to come back in for a final inerview and start the training process. I was so tired and in complete awe of what I had experienced that I said I would get back to them in 2 days after speaking with my wife.

Interview Question – Would I be willing to work 50 - 60 hours per week?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Wow, where to start ? Ungodly hours, low pay for the amount of time, energy and responsiblity. They say they want sales people but really, it's order taking because you don't have the time to spend developing a customer to their full potential. It's a turn and burn policy in my opinion. I stayed the whole route but should've left the vehicle after 4 - 6 hours, what a disappointment. I could go on and on, I don't know why anyone would accept an offer from them after spending one day on a "route". I have serious safety concerns about the amount and type of driving required to fulfill this job.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was told more of what Schwan's is versus what the job entails which would have been nice because it wasn't until I got sick that I found out that I had no sick leave to take advantage.

Interview Question – Describe a little about yourself typical   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Route Representative Interview

Sales Route Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Schwan's in July 2011.

Interview Details – First let me say this, I'm not sure if women apply for this job with Schwan's, but I did. I'll explain later. So
I applied online and got a call a day later by a human resource woman asking if I was available for a phone interview. So the recruiting lady called and asked me several questions to see if I would qualify for a 1:1. I took an assessment test online and a personality test as well and passed both. A couple days later, I got a call for a 1:1 interview in Ofallon, MO. I walked in and met the interviewer. We sat down and the only question he asked was what do I know about Schwan's, so I told him. First of all, I asked more questions than he did. The only thing he did was go through the day of a route sales person then asked if I had any questions. Now when I asked about women applying for this job is after he was done telling about the day, he kept dissuading me from even wanting to try the job by telling me that most of the "guys" there only make the minimum sales most days and that most of them have quit. Now I thought this was a bad sign, him putting down the job like that. But he wanted me to NOT want the job and I do tend to think it is because I'm a woman. I don't know if this company is discriminatory against women, but Ofallon seems to be. Anyway after the way he "conducted" the interview, I'm glad he didn't call for a an offer, however, If it was due to me being a woman and that was the only reason then this company should be looked into.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Schwan's in June 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was 1:1, great overview of job and responsibilities and facility. Was informed there would be a phone interview the following day. The phone interview went great, discussed several aspects of the job and I provided overview of my skills and accomplishments that married well with the job. At the conclusion of the interview I was informed I was 1 of 3 interviewing for the position and there would be another phone interview within two to three days. The final phone interview was a recap of the previous interviews and concluded within 15 minutes. I wrote thank you letter after the interview and called the initial interviewer after a week to follow up and was told I was still under consideration. I received no calls or correspondence from Schwan's about the position. Not certain if that is company policy or not, however very unprofessional. I expected more from what I perceived to be a very friendly down to earth family company.

Interview Question – Explain a time you solved a problem you thought was beyond your ability?   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Trainee Interview

Route Sales Representative Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from a recruiter within a week. He basically pre-qualified me for the position by asking about my previous sales experience, why I'm looking into Schwan's, my driving record and any criminal history. He sent a personality test to my email which I completed. He then forwarded my information to the hiring manager who called me within 2-3 days after initial contact with the recruiter. I went in for a 1 on 1 interview. He basically explained the position to me, told me about the long hours, what sort of pay I could expect, etc...He asked how I handle rejection since this is a sales position, how have I dealt with difficult customers in the past, real basic interview questions. I was offered a chance to do a ride-along with a route sales person in a few days, which I accepted. I was then scheduled for a second interview with a different manager. At the completion of the second interview I was offered the position on the spot. I took my DOT physical and drug test, then took a physical capacity test which is basically demonstrating that you can lift between 35-50 pounds on a consistent basis without having a heart attack. All in all the whole process from applying online to actually starting the position took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty formal. The LGM asked about myself and goals. The LGMalso spoke about the company, their products and how the compensation was changing yo pretty much straight commission instead of salary.

Interview Question – How did you hear about this job?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Schwan's in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was a meeting with the owner of a landscape company. I was unprepared for what the company needs and expectations were.I should have researched the company and the product. The fact that I was completely ignorant about plants, grass and trees. regardless of my ability to learn, was probably a good reason nt to hire me.

Interview Question – Did I know the differences in trees   View Answer

CSM Interview

CSM

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schwan's in June 2010.

Interview Details – Lgm called me two days after I applied set up the interview he said he had more to do and that he would call with his decison about a week later I got the call.

Interview Question – How much money do you want to make   Answer Question

Senior Manager Product Development Interview

Senior Manager Product Development

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Schwan's in July 2010.

Interview Details – First, applied for position online. Online application is very detailed and takes quite a bit of time. However, once you've done it, you can use it to apply for other positions. Next, got call back from internal HR for initial screening. Having passed that, had a 60 minute interview call with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – Share a time that you conceived of an idea and brought it to marketplace.   Answer Question