Schwan's Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Phone call interview by HR rep that asks you a few basic questions about yourself. Next day regional recruiting manager calls you and asks you some easy questions about doing sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself

Other Interview Reviews for Schwan's

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient, first a call from a recruiter and then a call from a local manager. I was asked to do a ride along for a day to see if the job would be something that I would like to do. The manager was extremely nice as well as the driver that I did my ride along with. Overall the company seemed to be a good company. I believe that there is some re-structuring going on company-wide, but it seems as if the changes are going to benefit the employees. Overall it was a pleasant and good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be available for evenings and Saturdays. I was asked if I could pass a DOT exam and testing. The company is very customer service based, so I was asked various scenario questions as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well the guy was amazing that called spent a while on the phone just discussing all kinds of things which set the tone for the company. The interview process went smooth and easy.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, called in 2 days to setup interview. Interview was generally questions about sales experience and how to handle difficult situations. Was told if considered would do a day long ride along on my own expense to determine if I would like the job. After the ride along, I was asked to if I wanted the job, and did a drug screen and DOT physical. After that HIRERIGHT started my background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being home or spending time that you would be required too otherwise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job offer was set in stone and offered at $115.00 per day during training. Commission wouldn't be offered until after the MGR felt I was ready to task the job as a full salesman. Usually 6 weeks is what I was told.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Easy, be yourself, don't lie or hide any information. One on one interview, then a phone interview with a higher up in the company, after that you are required to complete a drug test. After you pass everything Schwan's will train you for the job, typically takes 6 weeks complete but you are paid training pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Fremont, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Process took no longer than a month, I had a call asking me when I can do a ride a long, then you decided if you like the job, then they start the background check and then..welcome to hell!

Interview Questions

• typical sales questions, not a big deal, they need drivers so you can be the world dumbest dude ever and they will hire you.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

Few interviews there the usual interview questions. You have to have an ambitious out going personality and be able to sell and talk to people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation salary is the same for everyone and commission is on you.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schwan's in July 2013.

Interview

Friendly, not thorough at all. Easy to get the job because of the turnaround. The talking interview lasted a total of about 5 minutes. I think they just wanted to take anyone who didn't have scars on their face. It was very easy to pass the interview and move on to the drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Simple interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Lowell, AR) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is very lengthy you have to go on a 12 hour ride along then you interview two more times they build a very good picture but the reality is you will never get to where you are promised financially The training you receive is a joke I was thrown a wallet with about 2.40 in dimes nickels and pennies and told go run this route i lost Alot of sales due to no change

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation this is it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Blue Springs, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Apply online, get email to call and set up interview. Interview was just a formality. They hired anyone with a pulse and could pass a drug screen and background check and a DOT physical.