Schwan's Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.4

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Schwan's (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well the guy was amazing that called spent a while on the phone just discussing all kinds of things which set the tone for the company. The interview process went smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schwan's

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, called in 2 days to setup interview. Interview was generally questions about sales experience and how to handle difficult situations. Was told if considered would do a day long ride along on my own expense to determine if I would like the job. After the ride along, I was asked to if I wanted the job, and did a drug screen and DOT physical. After that HIRERIGHT started my background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being home or spending time that you would be required too otherwise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job offer was set in stone and offered at $115.00 per day during training. Commission wouldn't be offered until after the MGR felt I was ready to task the job as a full salesman. Usually 6 weeks is what I was told.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Easy, be yourself, don't lie or hide any information. One on one interview, then a phone interview with a higher up in the company, after that you are required to complete a drug test. After you pass everything Schwan's will train you for the job, typically takes 6 weeks complete but you are paid training pay.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

Few interviews there the usual interview questions. You have to have an ambitious out going personality and be able to sell and talk to people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation salary is the same for everyone and commission is on you.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Schwan's in July 2013.

Interview

Friendly, not thorough at all. Easy to get the job because of the turnaround. The talking interview lasted a total of about 5 minutes. I think they just wanted to take anyone who didn't have scars on their face. It was very easy to pass the interview and move on to the drug test.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Simple interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schwan's (Lowell, AR) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is very lengthy you have to go on a 12 hour ride along then you interview two more times they build a very good picture but the reality is you will never get to where you are promised financially The training you receive is a joke I was thrown a wallet with about 2.40 in dimes nickels and pennies and told go run this route i lost Alot of sales due to no change

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation this is it

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Schwan's (Clare, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online received call within 24 hours to set up interview 24 hours latter so called interview was setup No position offered because as he stated I was not a good fit but would be a great customer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you drop Schwan's   1 Answer
    • Q:Would I come back as a customer if they offered employment   1 Answer
    • Q: Did I feel that I could be a good fit for this position   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's (Wichita Falls, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial application must be made online. All preliminary hiring decisions are made through the HR office, calling the local depot to speak with a manager will not be effective, nor will you be able to access HR through outside means. If selected, an initial interview will be given by the manager of the depot that you applied for. After this, a packet will be given to obtain a DOT mandated physical exam and urinalysis. In a couple of weeks, a ride along day will be scheduled in which you will tail an RSR for an entire day observing the work process. A final interview will then be scheduled. About a week after that, final HR approval will be sent down and you will start training.

Interview Questions

• Expect the obvious, such as previous sales experience, experience working on commission, etc. One the questions that surprised me was regarding family life. This position requires a minimum of 60 hours a week, and many routes require staying out of town overnight. This puts an enormous strain on the family, and questions during the interview will deal with this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For this position nothing is negotiable. Basic pay and commission levels are the same, no matter how much experience or time in.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schwan's (Greenville, WI) in December 2010.

Interview

Interview was short and sweet

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will be able to drive the truck?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, pay is set

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Schwan's in January 2012.

Interview

HR background check outsourced to HireRight - not very good, and does not take into account what the employee requests for privacy and confidentiality - ie called my current and past employers.
    I was not sure what the offer package was during the interview process.