Schwan's

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Route Salesman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schwan's in March 2010.

1 on 1 interview with the general manager. Easy going guy who interviews plenty of applicants for these positions it went well and he offered me a ride along with a salesman the next day, which I decided to do. I could do this job even I could sell food door to door to established customer and make new contacts, heck people flag you down wanting to buy some ice cream. Was very interested due to the salary of 32k starting and 38K after 6 months + commision.

The ride along was going well, great people on the route some sale, some declines but overall the food sold. But in order to meet your goals there are A LOT OF HOURS REQUIRED. The driver I went with works 14 hours a day 7am to 9 pm - crazy no life the 32K really doesn't seem worth it, especially if you have a family - they wouldn't see you. The day I was with him he worked 16 hours 7am to 11 pm - he felt he would make his first step bonus that pay period which would end up to be around $150 for that 2 week period. I asked him what happens if you don't meet your goal and he told me you work your 1 weekday day off. Not for me - maybe if you dont like to be around your family and enjoy eating breafas, lunch and dinner in your truck go for it. The general Manager did tell me he expects the trucks to be out before 9 and if you back before 8 this won't work out for you, most of our sales are between 3-9.