Schwartz Communications Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schwartz Communications

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schwartz Communications in July 2013.

I submitted my application and resume online, then received a phone call a couple days later. I had a phone interview then had a Skype interview and had to do a writing sample.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schwartz Communications in April 2010.

Schwartz interview process was akin to applying to MacDonalds. The HR manager's children were manning the front desk, while a very young and sloppily dressed assistant gave me an application form on a clipboard to fill out. I was perturbed to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you had a challenge at work you couldn't meet.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in cleantech, when everyone is trying to work in cleantech   Answer Question

The working environment lacked finesse and professionalism.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Schwartz Communications in November 2008.

I applied online and was contacted shortly thereafter for a 30-minute phone interview. It was quite conversational, and consisted of general behavioral questions and the opportunity to ask the recruiter about the position. An offer to interview in office was extended at the conclusion of the phone session. I went into the office the next day and had two rounds of 30 minute interviews -- which asked about my experience and exposure to PR. They are mostly looking for enthusiasm, and understand if you have limited experience.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from your background, what made you choose PR and Schwartz Communications in particular?   Answer Question

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schwartz Communications in January 2008.

I arrived at Schwartz a few minutes before my scheduled interview time and ended up having to wait approximately 20 to 30 minutes for the interviewer to get to me. I went into her office she sat down and took my recommendation letter and a copy of my resume. She did not look at the recommendation letter while I was there. She then proceeded to ask education and work related questions as she looked at my resume. She also asked me to tell her about myself. One of the random questions she asked me was what my favorite book and why. She also asked what book I would like to be reading for personal reading. After the one on one interview I was escorted to a PR Specialists office where I had another one on one interview and was introduced to a regular employee that I may be working with. She asked the same questions as the recruiter but was more interested in what questions I had about Schwartz. After the second interview I was brought back to a computer and asked to write a pitch letter based on a fact sheet that I had been provided with during my interview. I was told to take my time and to save the document when it was completed.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite book and what are you reading for personal reading right now?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schwartz Communications in January 2010.

Everyone seemed very friendly and pretty casual. I was told a lot about the position and about the culture of the company. They went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. There was a writing test at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is something personal or professional that you are most proud of?   Answer Question