Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

www.selinc.com
Profile Unclaimed

Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.2

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

I applied online . Initially had phone interview . Asked me some questions from my resume and then asked some basic questions 1) What is a semaphore? 2) Where union is used ? . Then I was given a programming assignment which I had to complete in half an hour . It was to reverse a string .

Interview Questions
  • What are the differences between high level language and assembly language?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in January 2015.

This interview was for a ‘Firmware Developer’. The very first round was a basic phone screen which concentrated on behavioral type and work experience related general questions. After the decision, the second phone screening was a group/panel interview with questions related to job desc. Like RTOS, C, C++ and microprocessor. Resume related questions can be expected.

Interview Questions
    • As it was a group interview on phone, the questions were literally like a rapid fire.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

The process takes about a month to a month and a half. First there is a general HR interview. Technical questions are asked but they are general c questions. Next interview is with hiring managers. This one goes really in depth and many questions are asked. After that there is an on site interview that last about 6 hours. This includes a 30+ min presentation followed by a sequence of interviews and finally a meeting with the HR about benefits and last a lunch. Overall the attention to detail in this company is amazing. I enjoyed the interview process even though it was definitely not an easy process. I got called very soon after my last interview with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

Interview consisted of one hour technical questions followed by a second hour presenting code from a project I had worked on. The technical questions were standard C++ competency questions. The second hour code review was just that, a code review. I had to justify my design choices,etc. Every one was professional and nice. The end of the process was a lunch interview which was laid back and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Thei offer was good so I accepted.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

The interview process was great. I had a technical phone interview, and then I was brought on site for an interview. The on-site interview consisted of a number of small interviews, but was highlighted by a 30-60 minutes technical presentation that I had to perform.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would solve this problem, and the complexity (Big-O) of it.   Answer Question
    The negotiation wasn't too great. They negotiated on the smaller things (relocation), but not on the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in March 2013.

I was interviewed for C# position. Initially, Got a call from recruiter to schedule the phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted for an hour and was technical. The interview covered various aspects of software engineering, OOP concepts.
    Some questions are
    Tell me about SDLC and each stage.
    Explain OOP concepts in detail
    What are the features of .NET framework
    Garabage collection in .NET, use of dispose() method
    Boxing and Unboxing
    Function of CLR, CTS in .NET framework
    Managed vs Unmanaged code in .NET
    UML Diagrams, use of class, sequence, usecase diagram
    How do you write a design document
    What are design patterns and various types of design patterns

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in April 2012.

I applied online and got a call from one of the HR person in about two weeks to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview, I was ask questions on basic circuit theories, such as finding the voltage across a resistor. After the phone interview, I was schedule for another phone interview with three people, one of them being my future supervisor and the other two being my peers. This interview consists of more technical questions and lasted about 50 minutes. After that, I was invited to an on-site interview, which I was told that I have to give a presentation that lasts about 20-30 minutes. During the day of the on-site interview, I had breakfast with the hiring manager, a tour of the manufacturing facility, which is huge, a technical session, lunch, talked to the R&D manager for about 30 minutes, another round of technical interview, then benefits review, and was offered the job during the closing meeting with the hiring manager and HR rep.
    Overall, I enjoyed the on-site interview, everyone was nice and friendly and you can ask questions at any point. It is a privately owned company, and the people there are definitely more motivated than people I've seen elsewhere.

offer was good enough

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in November 2011.

Starts off with a HR Phone interview, Technical Phone Interview and finally Invite to come onsite with a technical topic to give a 20 minute presentation. Onsite Interview starts with a tour of the company and continues with three rounds of interviews and one presentation. I was interviewed for C# position in Pullman, WA. Technical questions were majorly conceptual questions from C, C#, SQL Queries, OO Design Class Diagrams, SDLC. Use of white board was required to answer some questions.

Offer was less than expected.

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in October 2011.

It starts from phone screening , 1-1 interview with hiring manager includes presentation , panel interview , interview with department manager. They have a policy of deciding on the same day for results of the final onsite interview. It took quite a while as they had few people coming in before me. There were questions ranging from drivers to hardware specifications of buses, pointer arithmetic(awesome question) , c++ ,RTOS related questions

Interview Questions
    • write code for reaching to the nth name in a comma delimited string ; input is string having names and delimited by comma   Answer Question
    • char a[] = { 0x0a,0x0b,0x0c,0x0d}
      x = *(int)*a++
      y = *(int*)a++
      A = *a++
      B = (*a)++

Answer Question
    • what is the use of keyword virtual? what are OOPs concepts, explain polymorphism with example   Answer Question
    • how would you approach if asked to create utility controlling data transmission through serial between two controllers , if file is transmitted and one transfer is quite small , how to control and develop the protocol? asked difference between rs485 and rs232   Answer Question
    • difference between IPv4 and IPv6 , difference between tcp and udp, where they are used and why specifically , what is ARP and how it works   Answer Question

personal immigration issue