Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
www.selinc.com Pullman, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

King of Prussia, PA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in June 2012.

Interview Details – said will hear next week so don't know if I am hired or not. HR interview through the phone was nice and simple but the panel interview was quite harsh. One guy kept asking me technical questions and I got very nervous and couldn't even answer most of them. At the end, the leader of the panel said he is very impressed with me but I don't know why because I didn't really answer well. Then asked me to come for an AutoCAD and Microstation exam. Went and they gave me a schematic and asked me to reproduce it on AutoCAD and Microstation. Did ok on autoCAD but bombed the Microstation one. So don't know.

Interview Question – why do you want work here?   Answer Question

Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by SEL on-campus. The interviewer seemed to be a senior level person with a lot of experience up the sleeve. I was not sure how to prepare well, expecting an HR interview. It turned out to be very technical and I was given a sheet of basic circuit questions to solve, to begin with. It was rather unexpected, but I think I did pretty well, except for the time. They only gave me about 9 minutes to solve 5 questions and I wasn;t able to finish all of them, sadly. He was nice about it and said there actually was only one person to crack all five. Then I was interviewed about my projects at the university and I was also asked what department I would prefer to work for. I was not able to give a specific answer and I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• solve the parallel network of resistors to calculate voltage across one resistor   View Answer
  • Solve for a truth table for the following circuit.   View Answer

Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in February 2012.

Interview Details – Directly ask simple technical questions on power system concepts, protection, power flow calculation, conductor selection. Easy but need solid power system background, their main interests are on power system protection, such as the setting of relay.

Interview Question – What factors influence the power delivered through conductors?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer Interview

Pullman, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in April 2011.

Interview Details – First was contacted by the HR person about the interview. The phone interview consisted several technical question. Then they move to in person interview which is panel interview, a lot of technical questions which is about 1 and 30 minutes. Then schedule for another interview which consisted presentation and another interview which is about 3 hours.

Interview Question – depend on what job applied for? Relay? they could ask symmetrical component   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Pullman, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on line and first got one phone interview by the HR, just some regular non-tech questions, and then schedule a tech interview with their hiring team one week later, when I had a roughly 50 mins interview with three or four guys, all asking tech questions related to the position, and they took my questions as well.

Interview Questions

Moscow, ID

The process took a day - interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in June 2008.

Interview Details – Just a one on one interview onsite. Some technical questions, which I did not ace. I was not willing to start right away, so that may be the reason I was not selected. Overal, SEL tends to hire interns who are already very skilled and knowledgeable, so doing roughly on the technical questions is bad too.

Interview Question – What would the phase be of this circuit element in this scenario?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Worked for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Engineering interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. employees and interview candidates.