Interviews for Top Jobs at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Software Engineer (13)
- Associate Software Engineer (9)
- Hardware Engineer (8)
- Engineering (4)
- Automation Engineer (3)
- Applications Engineer (3)
- Intern (3)
- Engineer (2)
- Software Engineering Intern (2)
- Process Engineer (2)
- Electronics Design Engineer (2)
- RTL Engineer (2)
- Associate Hardware Engineer (2)
- Educational Lisason (1)
- Hardware Engineering Technician (1)
- Engineer II- Protection (1)
- Digital Design Interview (1)
- Marketing Engineer - Meters and Controls (1)
- Associate Engineer - Automation (1)
- Electronics Hardware Design Engineer (1)
- Field Services Engineering Technician (1)
- Protection Engineer I (1)
- Sales and Customer Service Intern (1)
- Protection Applications Engineer (1)
- Applications Engineer - Protection (1)
- Embedded Systems/FPGA Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer-embedded Systems (1)
- Production Manager (1)
- Production Planner (1)
- Business Development Intern (1)
Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview
The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in August 2011.
This was a 45 minute phone interview. The interviewer was very nice, wasn't just drilling me with a long list of questions. She would chat and was very encouraging. This made the interview flow more naturally. She asked average questions: what are your strengths and weaknesses, when is a situation you have been challenged on the job, etc. LOTS of situational/behavioral questions.
Additionally, there were questions that asked me to rank my skills on Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and my general Internet skills. I found these questions more difficult when asked to give an example of skills using these programs. I have never been asked this question in an interview, so it was difficult to demonstrate why I rank my Excel skills a 6.5 out of 10. It is also strange to define my Internet skills, as I use it everyday without thinking "how much do I know about the internet."
Other than this, the interview was standard. I have heard that they are slow to get back to you, and it has been a week for me, and I haven't heard back about a second interview.