1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA
Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in August 2011.

This was a 45 minute phone interview. The interviewer was very nice, wasn't just drilling me with a long list of questions. She would chat and was very encouraging. This made the interview flow more naturally. She asked average questions: what are your strengths and weaknesses, when is a situation you have been challenged on the job, etc. LOTS of situational/behavioral questions.
Additionally, there were questions that asked me to rank my skills on Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and my general Internet skills. I found these questions more difficult when asked to give an example of skills using these programs. I have never been asked this question in an interview, so it was difficult to demonstrate why I rank my Excel skills a 6.5 out of 10. It is also strange to define my Internet skills, as I use it everyday without thinking "how much do I know about the internet."
Other than this, the interview was standard. I have heard that they are slow to get back to you, and it has been a week for me, and I haven't heard back about a second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Please rank your skill in using the Internet out of 10 points. Please demonstrate.   Answer Question
  • What is your dream job?   View Answer