Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

www.selinc.com
Unclaimed Profile

Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call from the HR to schedule a phone interview. 30 minutes phone interview including behavioral, technical questions. First half questions were about behavioral, their company, and the location, and second half questions were technical.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to draw a simple circuit and find the voltage or current.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in February 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly, she gave me some background check, like if I'd love to relocate and desired salary. Then technical questions were basic ones about circuits. Also, she asked me to talk about the culture of company and asked why their company.

Interview Questions

• A very simple circuit to let you calculate the current.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

Interview

I applied online and received an initial non-technical phone interview. I received an email around two weeks later that they were going to look for other candidates. About two months later, I received another phone call saying they wanted to bring me in for a technical interview. I setup a technical interview for later that week. The technical interview was straight forward and around an hour or so. I received a phone call a week later saying my technical interview was very strong but that they were going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to test a new toaster that has been developed. How do you test it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

applied in career fair on campus, was shortlisted for interview there for an interview on campus which took place in a week's time. Completely technical interview. Covered all topics from basic electrical circuits, kvl kcl, calculus questions, networking, programming

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in January 2015.

Interview

First interview: basic telecommunications and digital design related questions
    Behavioral questions like: Ready to move Pullman and values of company and what you know about company

Second interview: ic design questions,kcl,kvl,transformers, capacitors basics and salary related questions

Interview Questions

They want me early to join but I have a subject left to complete in my coursework.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in January 2015.

Interview

This interview was for a ‘Firmware Developer’. The very first round was a basic phone screen which concentrated on behavioral type and work experience related general questions. After the decision, the second phone screening was a group/panel interview with questions related to job desc. Like RTOS, C, C++ and microprocessor. Resume related questions can be expected.

Interview Questions

• As it was a group interview on phone, the questions were literally like a rapid fire.   Answer Question

Day Care Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in January 2015.

Interview

The first stage of the interview process was a telephone interview. This was with a general HR person. Very straightforward questions, not necessarily specific about the position but there were no surprises. Helpful to know values of company. After the phone interview, they contacted me a few more times asking questions about logistics. I was asking specific questions about the job and they did not know. The next step is a face to face interviewer with the HR hiring person for that specific position. This is where more knowledge is needed and they are looking for people with good personalities that fit their core values.

Interview Questions

• What does confidentiality mean to you? Describe a time you had to use it.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Meet the recruiter at career event and he asked me if you could graduate next semester and work for us at least 6 months. The following night got an interview call to schedule for an interview the next morning. Interview had the basic behavior question and technical questions about transformers and digital electronics.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about switching power supply and pulse width modulation.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA).

Interview

The process takes about a month to a month and a half. First there is a general HR interview. Technical questions are asked but they are general c questions. Next interview is with hiring managers. This one goes really in depth and many questions are asked. After that there is an on site interview that last about 6 hours. This includes a 30+ min presentation followed by a sequence of interviews and finally a meeting with the HR about benefits and last a lunch. Overall the attention to detail in this company is amazing. I enjoyed the interview process even though it was definitely not an easy process. I got called very soon after my last interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

Interview

A telephonic interview with basic questions on KVL, KCL, and transformer basics. There were also many HR questions related to company information, like what do you know about SEL?, Why do you want to move to Washington?, what do you like about this place?, what are your technical skills related to this position?

Interview Questions

• It was based on transformer, to find the voltage across a current source in a single phase ac transformer. But the question was very basic.   1 Answer

See What Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Employees Are Saying

Former Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Great idea executed well. 25-30 years of glorious business done right. Really employee-minded and a fantastic place to work until recently.” Full Review