SciMetrika Interview Questions

3.3

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SciMetrika.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks to receive an offer from the point of interview. Interview process was smooth. I had a brief phone interview (screening) and then was invited to come on site to meet with the interview panel for about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Basic interivew questions and a behavioral interview section.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SciMetrika (Durham, NC).

Interview

Professional and timely

Public Health Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at SciMetrika (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews and one in-person panel interview. The team was SO nice and the company is amazing, but their HR was negligent. I was told that I would hear back either way within a week or two and I never heard, even after emailing and leaving voicemails to ask multiple times. It's not an incredibly large company, so I feel (especially after an in-person interview), that I really should have received some sort of formal notice. I want nothing but success for the company but their HR ignored me. It was a big turnoff to me, and could be in the future to a candidate they decide they want to hire.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to contradict a supervisor? What did you do and what happened?   Answer Question

Government Contracting CDC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SciMetrika (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

SciMetrika uses behaviour based interviewing. If you are not familiar with this process it will be very beneficial to look it up online to get an idea of the questions they ask. Basically they will present you with scenarios and also ask you about specific examples from your work history. Prepare by coming up with some good stories about your past and what you learned from those examples. There are a number of great interviewing tips out there so review them for a behaviour based scenario.
    The 1:1 interview is typical of other companies. The panel interview was disjointed as some people were on the phone and difficult to hear while others were present in the conference room. When you can't hear the question, make sure to ask them to repeat it.

Interview Questions

• An old question but this company has brought it back: what are 3 words that best describe you and why.   1 Answer
    • Another typical behaviour based question: give an example of a time where you made a mistake, what happened and if you learned anything from it.   1 Answer

Offer was too low compared to other CDC consultant positions available.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SciMetrika in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by CEo then by selected staff
    Gave formal research presentation and was asked many good research questions.
    Interviewed by supervisors afterwards as she was about to take pregnancy leave.
    Great experience. Loved the staff

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a client who has asked you to carry out a step in the research process that you knew was absolutely not science based and would endanger the integrity of the work?   1 Answer

Very congenial

Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SciMetrika.

Interview

Professional and smooth process

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SciMetrika in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me first. After speaking, we had a slightly more formal phone interview. From there, a 1:1 interview was scheduled over the phone. That went fairly well and seemed laid back and unscripted. They contacted me the following evening for a group panel interview for the following day. I was kind of put off at being reached via e-mail at 9pm to do an interview the next day. To add to it, they told me (and reconfirmed) that I would be having a behavioral interview and it ended up being entirely technical.

Interview Questions

Why is the HR manager e-mailing me at 9pm for a follow-up interview the following day? It indicated to me that people must be expected to live and breathe their job 24/7 which wasn't the type of environment I was looking for.