SciQuest Interview Questions in Cary, NC

2.6

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC).

Interview

My job went from a temporary hire to a permanent position. The interview process was standard interveiw questions. There was nothing difficult about the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How did handle a difficult situation at your previous job?   Answer Question

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

They responded about 2 months after I applied - May 2014. Got a phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview 2 days later for the following Friday. There was a panel interview with a QA person and a developer, two 30 minute interviews with managers that I would be reporting to. They made an offer that Monday. They do the background check after making the offer. The managers were looking forward to having me do their language localization testing alongside the job I was interviewing for. I was shocked that their HR department would throw me away because of one question, on the application it asked "Omit minor traffic offenses", so I left off mine, and on the background check, it said "Put down anything you have ever been convicted of", so I put down my conviction. They called after the check came back and talked to their VP and rescinded their offer because of this ONE discrepancy, I tried to explain that their question was a misunderstanding. They forced me to tell them my salary at my current job (which I wanted to keep to myself), and I do not like the treatment of their HR department.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a validation process you used in your Quality Assurance practice?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They simply asked what I wanted, I told them, and after bonuses, it was exactly what I wanted.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR was pretty typical. She said she was going to recommend that I be interviewed in person. A few weeks went by and some follow ups I sent but no response. Finally about a month later she called to set up the in person. In person was 4 interviews lasting 30 mins each then a conclusion meeting with the HR rep. All pretty standard PM type questions. Conversations went well in my opinion. At the conclusion the HR rep said they hope to make a decision in a week or 2 and that their policy is they will let me know either way if I was selected. A week later she called to say the position was put on hold. I followed up a month later and she promptly responded that it was still on hold. Another month went by and I sent a follow up to check in again about the status of the position. This time no response at all. It is unfortunate that they cannot take the time to sent a quick email to let you know something. Other than the way it was left with no response at all, the interview process was very good. They just need to improve on their communcations.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really too difficult if you are an experienced successful Project Manager. Some behavioral questions mainly.   Answer Question

Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Process was typical for a VP of Sales

Negotiation

Best offer came on first try

Product Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

The job was posted in June of this year. I asked my friend inside the company whether this was a good opportunity for me, and he said yes. I applied. I went through 5 interviews involving 6 people in one morning. The hiring manager was civil, but had no patience for introductory pleasantries. The manager told me one candidate had completed a round of interviews before me, and that this man was not a fit. Everyone else seemed pleasant and smart. I was called back in for an interview with the VP of HR the same week. A couple weeks later, the job was re-posted. I have never since been contacted by the company. It is August and I believe the job has now been re-re-posted. Perhaps the 100% perfect candidate will yet surface for this position? One oddity/annoyance in the interview process is that nearly everyone independently made a cult-like mention of "passion," and how important "passion" is to being hired to work there. No one defined what passion is or how it shows up, however. I get the impression that the company is either looking for a particular personality type or is seeking workaholics on the cheap. When it comes to work-related "passion," I have no shame about my accomplishments, work ethic, or dedication to achieving goals.

Interview Questions

• The head of sales outlined his current prospecting approach for a new market segment and asked me for a critique.   1 Answer

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Talked with HR during initial phone screen. Discussed reasons why considering SciQuest, salary range, etc. In-person interview consisted of 4 1:1 30 minute discussions. VP, Dev Mgr, Ops Mgr, HR VP. VP discussion was centered on previous work experience, qualities that matched position. Dev Mgr discussion focused on day-to-day operations, motivation, projects. Ops Mgr discussion topics were more technical in nature, discussing various technical solutions used in the past. HR VP asked about challenges in previous employment, how current boss would describe you, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would your current boss describe you in general, and a weakness that he/she recognizes in you.   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate a team which is under mutliple tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

First I had a phone screen with the recruiter. She really talked up the company and gave the normal speech she had repeated many times. Then I had a round with developer managers. They interviews were very easy and were not technical at all. I then had an interview with two of the architects. one was difficult the other, not so much.

Interview Questions

• How would you build an commerce site.   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy