SciQuest

2.6

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SciQuest.

I was linked up to the company through a recruiter. The phone interviews went very fast, and I was told, extremely well. Interviews were with 3 VPs and 1 Director. Visited the Corporate HQ for the final step, where I was to role play a sales presentation. The presentation went fairly well, except in the eyes of one individual, who showed up late, and spent the entire presentation going over my resume; it appeared, for the first time. A few questions were asked that are really outside the scope of introductory sales presentations, I didn't answer them well in their eyes, so the process stopped there.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain double byte languages?   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SciQuest.

My job went from a temporary hire to a permanent position. The interview process was standard interveiw questions. There was nothing difficult about the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • How did handle a difficult situation at your previous job?   Answer Question

PQA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SciQuest.

I applied through their career website. I received an email from HR wanting to schedule an telephone interview with the Hiring manager for 1.5 weeks later. During the telephone interview, I was told there would be a face-to-face and if that went well, a 2nd face-to-face with the management team. I was scheduled for the first face-to-face for 3 days later. Face-to-face consisted of 3 interviews: Hiring manager, another manager, and a peer-level interview. After the interview, I was contacted by HR to review the Benefits package etc. 2 days later, I was offered the position and given 24 hours to respond. I guess they decided to skip the Management interview. However, my friend who applied a few weeks later did have to go for a 2nd management interview. For me, Application to Offer was about 3 weeks.

Most of the questions were non-technical and mostly "tell us about yourself" typical interview questions. A few questions on processes etc but not difficult at all.

Background check is very detailed and lengthy if you have had several short-term / independent contractor gigs. Make sure you have contacts for each and every position... if you don't, be sure you have some sort of paystub, W2, or 1099 to be able to verify employment for at least 3 years back -- no matter how short the contract was.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most unexpected defect you ever found and how did you find it?   Answer Question
    HR asked me what I wanted to make. They said the position was only budgeted for 2K less than what I had asked. I accepted because the benefits and bonus outweighed the 2K (free gym membership, 6-8 percent bonus, etc)

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SciQuest in May 2014.

They responded about 2 months after I applied - May 2014. Got a phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview 2 days later for the following Friday. There was a panel interview with a QA person and a developer, two 30 minute interviews with managers that I would be reporting to. They made an offer that Monday. They do the background check after making the offer. The managers were looking forward to having me do their language localization testing alongside the job I was interviewing for. I was shocked that their HR department would throw me away because of one question, on the application it asked "Omit minor traffic offenses", so I left off mine, and on the background check, it said "Put down anything you have ever been convicted of", so I put down my conviction. They called after the check came back and talked to their VP and rescinded their offer because of this ONE discrepancy, I tried to explain that their question was a misunderstanding. They forced me to tell them my salary at my current job (which I wanted to keep to myself), and I do not like the treatment of their HR department.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a validation process you used in your Quality Assurance practice?   Answer Question
    They simply asked what I wanted, I told them, and after bonuses, it was exactly what I wanted.

Production Support Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at SciQuest.

Submitted through someone I knew who works at SciQuest. I was contacted by HR who scheduled an in person interview. She also sent an application to fill out, asking for two references.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SciQuest in August 2013.

Initial phone screen with HR was pretty typical. She said she was going to recommend that I be interviewed in person. A few weeks went by and some follow ups I sent but no response. Finally about a month later she called to set up the in person.

In person was 4 interviews lasting 30 mins each then a conclusion meeting with the HR rep. All pretty standard PM type questions. Conversations went well in my opinion. At the conclusion the HR rep said they hope to make a decision in a week or 2 and that their policy is they will let me know either way if I was selected. A week later she called to say the position was put on hold. I followed up a month later and she promptly responded that it was still on hold. Another month went by and I sent a follow up to check in again about the status of the position. This time no response at all. It is unfortunate that they cannot take the time to sent a quick email to let you know something. Other than the way it was left with no response at all, the interview process was very good. They just need to improve on their communcations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too difficult if you are an experienced successful Project Manager. Some behavioral questions mainly.   Answer Question

Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SciQuest in August 2013.

Process was typical for a VP of Sales

Best offer came on first try

Product Owner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SciQuest in September 2012.

Applied online, but didn't get an initial phone screening until 3 months later. I had my phone interview the following day with a Product Delivery Manager. He asked very general product owner / scrum master questions. A week later, I a series of interviews with 3 other PDMs, Director of Product Development, & a development team (a Product Owner, PQA, and developer). The sessions with the PDMs were more about what SciQuest does. They described the climate, & a little about me and my skills. The Dir. was a little tougher. More like a true interview. The development team gave me more about the day in the life as a PO. All in all it wasn't a difficult process. I would advise anyone to prep for the interview by knowing what the role would be responsible for, learn all that you can about Scrum/Agile if you are not already working with it, have your questions ready so you are sure this is where you want to be.

Interview Questions
    • What reason did you give your current employer for being here today?   Answer Question
    I was offered the mid-range of what I was looking for so I accepted without negotiating. Didn't see the point.

Product Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SciQuest in June 2012.

The job was posted in June of this year. I asked my friend inside the company whether this was a good opportunity for me, and he said yes. I applied. I went through 5 interviews involving 6 people in one morning. The hiring manager was civil, but had no patience for introductory pleasantries. The manager told me one candidate had completed a round of interviews before me, and that this man was not a fit. Everyone else seemed pleasant and smart.

I was called back in for an interview with the VP of HR the same week.

A couple weeks later, the job was re-posted. I have never since been contacted by the company.

It is August and I believe the job has now been re-re-posted. Perhaps the 100% perfect candidate will yet surface for this position?

One oddity/annoyance in the interview process is that nearly everyone independently made a cult-like mention of "passion," and how important "passion" is to being hired to work there. No one defined what passion is or how it shows up, however. I get the impression that the company is either looking for a particular personality type or is seeking workaholics on the cheap. When it comes to work-related "passion," I have no shame about my accomplishments, work ethic, or dedication to achieving goals.

Interview Questions
    • The head of sales outlined his current prospecting approach for a new market segment and asked me for a critique.   View Answer

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at SciQuest in March 2012.

Talked with HR during initial phone screen. Discussed reasons why considering SciQuest, salary range, etc. In-person interview consisted of 4 1:1 30 minute discussions. VP, Dev Mgr, Ops Mgr, HR VP.

VP discussion was centered on previous work experience, qualities that matched position.
    Dev Mgr discussion focused on day-to-day operations, motivation, projects.
    Ops Mgr discussion topics were more technical in nature, discussing various technical solutions used in the past.
    HR VP asked about challenges in previous employment, how current boss would describe you, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would your current boss describe you in general, and a weakness that he/she recognizes in you.   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate a team which is under mutliple tight deadlines?   Answer Question