SciQuest

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Marketing Director Interview

Product Marketing Director
Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SciQuest in June 2012.

Interview Details – The job was posted in June of this year. I asked my friend inside the company whether this was a good opportunity for me, and he said yes. I applied. I went through 5 interviews involving 6 people in one morning. The hiring manager was civil, but had no patience for introductory pleasantries. The manager told me one candidate had completed a round of interviews before me, and that this man was not a fit. Everyone else seemed pleasant and smart.

I was called back in for an interview with the VP of HR the same week.

A couple weeks later, the job was re-posted. I have never since been contacted by the company.

It is August and I believe the job has now been re-re-posted. Perhaps the 100% perfect candidate will yet surface for this position?

One oddity/annoyance in the interview process is that nearly everyone independently made a cult-like mention of "passion," and how important "passion" is to being hired to work there. No one defined what passion is or how it shows up, however. I get the impression that the company is either looking for a particular personality type or is seeking workaholics on the cheap. When it comes to work-related "passion," I have no shame about my accomplishments, work ethic, or dedication to achieving goals.

Interview Question – The head of sales outlined his current prospecting approach for a new market segment and asked me for a critique.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SciQuest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SciQuest Product Marketing Director interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by SciQuest employees and interview candidates.