Scientific Games Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.6

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

it was a one time brief face to face interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The manager at time was mainly going over the position, explained what my responsibility is going to be. he asked how many years of experience I have in the field

Interview Questions

• nothing specific, general conversation about the position and my responsibility   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website and received a phone call a few days later from them. They wanted to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview, then they requested an in-person interview. I went in for the in-person interview and got a tour of the facility and met some of the other employees. They explained their roles and what type of work they do. They were all very nice. It seemed like a cool little team to work with.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you write simple/pseudo-code to execute a binary search?   1 Answer

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Saturday. I received a call on Wednesday requesting an interview on Tuesday. I was not asked anything difficult or any open ended behavioral questions. The job was explained to me, and we went over previous work experience. A few hours after the interview was over a received a post interview criminal questionnaire. The next day I was offered the job. Background check and drug screening information was sent the same day, Monday I was notified that it came back clear, and was given a start date. All in all the process took 2 weeks. It was a very quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations on pay or hours.

IT Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scientific Games in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call from HR a few days later for initial screening and to setup a phone interview with hiring group. I told HR my days/times of availability the HR individual said that he would email me times/details. Did not hear back for a few days. On a random day HR calls up during the morning and says that the interview would be later that afternoon. No preparation or communication with regards to scheduling. The interview itself was fair. I was asked some broad-stroke questions and was told some background of the position and team. There was nothing too technical or in-depth. It went over from a scheduled 1hr to 1.5 hours. Never heard back from them. No call, email, or automated email. I find it very unprofessional for any company to not let a candidate know that they were not selected especially after going through round 1. Both HR and the department seemed unorganized and flustered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come and work at Scientific Games?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in Las Vegas?   Answer Question
    • If the CEO of the company called you up and was complaining that something didn't work, what would you say?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games.

Interview

From the first interview to the offer took about 5 weeks; the background check was thorough and took 2 weeks to complete. The interview process itself was typical for corporate America.

Computer Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scientific Games in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online through careerbuilder. I was contacted via email by the Office Manager. Everything was done through email(s). She sent me an email and we set up a time for a phone interview the following day at 1:00pm. I had my phone in my hand from 12:00pm until 3pm. Did not hear from her. I received an email and she wrote; "she called me and spoke with me for approximately 3 minutes, and then we were disconnected"...did not happen. I called her phone, and left her a message, telling her she did not speak with me. So, she sent me another email for a phone interview the following day for a time between 8:30-10:30am. I was up and ready around 8:00am. I really did not expect to hear from her at 8:30am. She asked me about 15 questions; strengths, weaknesses, which job did I like best and why, which job did I like the least and why; and the last question; what did I expect from the position offered? I then asked her several questions, who did she consider the ideal candidate for the position? She said, someone like myself with my background and extensive experience. I also asked her about a time frame when I would hear back from her regarding whether or not I could expect an inhouse interview. She responded within a week. I sent her an email, thanking her for her time, etc.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever have a conflict with a supervisor and how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Two rounds

Negotiation

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

You go in and you directed to meet two or three people for the interview. Know you well know port numbers.

Interview Questions

• . 1)What is Calling Search Space and partitions   1 Answer
    • what is VTP & STP   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

The telephone interview was standard. We went through past experience that qualified me to do this job with the HR person. This took about 30 minutes. We then set up a 1:1 interview to take it to the next step. This interview was with an executive level employee, and was not as demanding as the first, but more of a casual discussion to determine personality and communication skills and the like. I was given an opportunity to ask questions and believe I received candid and honest answers. Thought company seemed OK to work for. I was eliminated after another candidate interviewed later had more of a very specific skill for which I had little experience. All in all, I think the company's interviewing was pretty low-key and uneventful.

Interview Questions

• If an executive level employee challenged something you were working on or inquiring about, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

I found this position online and was introduced to the head of HR (who worked onsite for another company hired to perform HR functions (Hire Dynamics). After several weeks of back and forth quick email swapping, I was asked in for an interview. All told, I had three separate interviews. One was with the hiring manger; one with the Director and another with the VP of the department. All of my interviews went well and I received nothing but good word both from them and from the HR person. I also sent personal "Thank You" cards to each of them. My last interview with the VP may have been the one that did me in. The HR lady scheduled two telephone interviews with him back-to-back. This was almost two weeks after my last interview with the Director, but the VP was traveling and then on vacations, which stretched things out. The interview was for 5 p.m. during the week at which point my wife cleared out the house (I have three noisy kids) and took them all out to eat so I could have a quiet phone call. The VP never called. I sent a nice email to the HR person and she called and said he didn't call either of the two final candidates (myself and the other person). She asked me to reschedule for the upcoming Saturday, at which I balked. I told her I was hesitant to schedule it over my weekend for fear he's again "not going to call" and then I just wasted a day planning around it. She emailed the VP who claimed neither mine or the other candidate's appt. was on his schedule, so I agreed to speaking with him. That interview seemed to go well. A week went by and I heard nothing. I sent the hiring manager a short PPT presentation of some updates I would recommend to their poor Web site, which was an area they indicated as wanting to improve. It's now been almost a month and a half since my last (3rd interview) and I've heard nothing from anyone. Obviously, I didn't get the job. It's too bad though. I like the company and the people, but having jumped through the hoops I jumped through, only to make it down to the final two and never get a call back, is pretty rude in my book. I wonder if the team knows HR isn't following through.