Scientific Games

Updated Aug 4, 2014
Updated Aug 4, 2014

3.1

Computer Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Scientific Games in July 2014.

I applied online through careerbuilder. I was contacted via email by the Office Manager. Everything was done through email(s). She sent me an email and we set up a time for a phone interview the following day at 1:00pm. I had my phone in my hand from 12:00pm until 3pm. Did not hear from her. I received an email and she wrote; "she called me and spoke with me for approximately 3 minutes, and then we were disconnected"...did not happen. I called her phone, and left her a message, telling her she did not speak with me. So, she sent me another email for a phone interview the following day for a time between 8:30-10:30am. I was up and ready around 8:00am. I really did not expect to hear from her at 8:30am. She asked me about 15 questions; strengths, weaknesses, which job did I like best and why, which job did I like the least and why; and the last question; what did I expect from the position offered? I then asked her several questions, who did she consider the ideal candidate for the position? She said, someone like myself with my background and extensive experience. I also asked her about a time frame when I would hear back from her regarding whether or not I could expect an inhouse interview. She responded within a week. I sent her an email, thanking her for her time, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Did I ever have a conflict with a supervisor and how did I handle it?   View Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Scientific Games.

Two rounds

AQccounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Scientific Games in October 2009.

Spoke with Human Resources, direct supervisor and a peer. Was able to tour facility ask questions and fully explore the opportunities and career options available at scientific games. The interview process was fully explained and the timing of all interviews was laid out. Overall the interview process was professional and as enjoyable a s an interview can be.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a confict with a manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe your decision making process?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scientific Games in April 2011.

The telephone interview was standard. We went through past experience that qualified me to do this job with the HR person. This took about 30 minutes. We then set up a 1:1 interview to take it to the next step. This interview was with an executive level employee, and was not as demanding as the first, but more of a casual discussion to determine personality and communication skills and the like. I was given an opportunity to ask questions and believe I received candid and honest answers. Thought company seemed OK to work for. I was eliminated after another candidate interviewed later had more of a very specific skill for which I had little experience. All in all, I think the company's interviewing was pretty low-key and uneventful.

Interview Questions
    • If an executive level employee challenged something you were working on or inquiring about, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Scientific Games in April 2011.

You go in and you directed to meet two or three people for the interview.
    Know you well know port numbers.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Scientific Games in June 2010.

I found this position online and was introduced to the head of HR (who worked onsite for another company hired to perform HR functions (Hire Dynamics). After several weeks of back and forth quick email swapping, I was asked in for an interview. All told, I had three separate interviews. One was with the hiring manger; one with the Director and another with the VP of the department. All of my interviews went well and I received nothing but good word both from them and from the HR person. I also sent personal "Thank You" cards to each of them.

My last interview with the VP may have been the one that did me in. The HR lady scheduled two telephone interviews with him back-to-back. This was almost two weeks after my last interview with the Director, but the VP was traveling and then on vacations, which stretched things out. The interview was for 5 p.m. during the week at which point my wife cleared out the house (I have three noisy kids) and took them all out to eat so I could have a quiet phone call. The VP never called. I sent a nice email to the HR person and she called and said he didn't call either of the two final candidates (myself and the other person). She asked me to reschedule for the upcoming Saturday, at which I balked. I told her I was hesitant to schedule it over my weekend for fear he's again "not going to call" and then I just wasted a day planning around it.

She emailed the VP who claimed neither mine or the other candidate's appt. was on his schedule, so I agreed to speaking with him. That interview seemed to go well. A week went by and I heard nothing. I sent the hiring manager a short PPT presentation of some updates I would recommend to their poor Web site, which was an area they indicated as wanting to improve.

It's now been almost a month and a half since my last (3rd interview) and I've heard nothing from anyone. Obviously, I didn't get the job. It's too bad though. I like the company and the people, but having jumped through the hoops I jumped through, only to make it down to the final two and never get a call back, is pretty rude in my book. I wonder if the team knows HR isn't following through.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Scientific Games in January 2008.

Online test asking several specific questions about programming. I think the test was about 50 questions and was similar to a college programming final. Tests things like coding style, proper memory cleanup, and readability of code.

Interview Questions
    • For the two variables declared below:

const char cch = 'A';
      char ch = 'B';

Which of the following declarations/initializations are VALID?
        View Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Scientific Games in November 2012.

You will have a initial round with objective questions for respective Technologies and a thorough Interview of your resume. No formal HR interview

Interview Questions
    Just be honest with your resume.. If you do not know a technology .. you dont know but you are willing to learn

Worked for Scientific Games? Contribute to the Community!