Scientific Games

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Scientific Games in June 2010.

I found this position online and was introduced to the head of HR (who worked onsite for another company hired to perform HR functions (Hire Dynamics). After several weeks of back and forth quick email swapping, I was asked in for an interview. All told, I had three separate interviews. One was with the hiring manger; one with the Director and another with the VP of the department. All of my interviews went well and I received nothing but good word both from them and from the HR person. I also sent personal "Thank You" cards to each of them.

My last interview with the VP may have been the one that did me in. The HR lady scheduled two telephone interviews with him back-to-back. This was almost two weeks after my last interview with the Director, but the VP was traveling and then on vacations, which stretched things out. The interview was for 5 p.m. during the week at which point my wife cleared out the house (I have three noisy kids) and took them all out to eat so I could have a quiet phone call. The VP never called. I sent a nice email to the HR person and she called and said he didn't call either of the two final candidates (myself and the other person). She asked me to reschedule for the upcoming Saturday, at which I balked. I told her I was hesitant to schedule it over my weekend for fear he's again "not going to call" and then I just wasted a day planning around it.

She emailed the VP who claimed neither mine or the other candidate's appt. was on his schedule, so I agreed to speaking with him. That interview seemed to go well. A week went by and I heard nothing. I sent the hiring manager a short PPT presentation of some updates I would recommend to their poor Web site, which was an area they indicated as wanting to improve.

It's now been almost a month and a half since my last (3rd interview) and I've heard nothing from anyone. Obviously, I didn't get the job. It's too bad though. I like the company and the people, but having jumped through the hoops I jumped through, only to make it down to the final two and never get a call back, is pretty rude in my book. I wonder if the team knows HR isn't following through.

Worked for Scientific Games? Contribute to the Community!