Scientific Learning Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scientific Learning

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scientific Learning (Emeryville, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I contacted them via email. Several weeks later, heard back from HR who did a phone screen. Another few weeks later, the hiring manager called to do a second phone screen. They arranged a day of onsite, in-person interviews (with a half dozen people across the company). The people were very pleasant, quite reasonable. the culture and atmosphere a blend of software people, yet also somewhat "academic", probably due to the nature of the founders (Phd's and neuroscientists).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Scientific Learning in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewing manager took forever to finally get to doing the interviews. He came in seemingly unprepared for it. He appeared to be reviewing my resume for the first time while we sat face to face and he just kept looking at his computer and scrolling through the document asking questions about things he found in the resume. No clear path to the interview. Didn't ask the questions I'd anticipated at all. Didn't really discuss my real qualifications, more his impressions of the job.

Interview Questions

• I guess I'm trying to talk you out of the job, so why are you still interested?   Answer Question