Scotiabank Analyst Interview Questions

It last 1 hour with a lot of customer service, accounting, etc

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Pretty tough

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Scotiabank.

All interviewers were very friendly. Having a good understanding of the markets and the economy is critical. Better to have a good opinion of where you think the economy is going verses memorizing facts. Lots of behavioural questions emphasizing teamwork, integrity and your biggest challenges. Also prepare a 30 second elevator pitch for why they should hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you might use a put option verses a forward contract   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Scotiabank.

First Round on Campus and Second Round (7+ interviews) at offices. On-site interviews were quite 30 minutes each and took 3.5 hours in total.

The questions I remember were. What are the different ways you can value a company and which valuation methods give the highest value? How would you value a company through an LBO transaction (LBO gives the highest valuation of all the methods.)? What do you do outside of work in your free time?

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in us as opposed to other banks?   Answer Question
    The salaries at the lowest level are relatively set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Scotiabank.

I had 2 interviews. One with HR rep, phone interview, the other with supervisor and manager. The questions were standard, similar to what you can find on the Internet.

I filed up application with my expected base salary and after I got a job they sand me a letter offering slightly higher then what I initially requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in July 2012.

All Analyst positions in the International QAT Department are offered via Third Party hiring companies. Scotiabank utilizes these companies to offer contracts to those seeking the Analyst position. To land one of the positions it's best to get the foot in the door via these companies (ie. Manpower, T&J Consulting). Submit a resume to these companies to get the initial interview.

Was interviewed by the Manager and Sr. Analyst. They gave an offer to me about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • A situational question to see what my approach to problem solving was based on a problem they had before.   Answer Question
    Yes they asked me what my expectation on pay was and gave me what I wanted.

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2012.

Three on 1 interview beginning with behavioral questions and ending with technical questions. Technical questions were easy compared to other banking interviews for BMO and TD.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to participate in a team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to take a leadership role. What was it, and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2011.

1st interview: Phone - Asked about my experience - talked about a company that i had been researching
    2nd interview: 1:1 - Talked about analysis and valuation of another company. Met with another analyst + PM

Analyst Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2011.

Mostly asked fit questions and some basic financial statement analysis questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would a 10% increase in depreciation affect the financial statements of a business?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2010.

Contacted for an interview to be held a week later. It was a friendly panel interview which led to a second interview a week after that. Part of the second interview was conducted in Spanish.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have your dream job (and it would not impact you getting this job or not), what would it be?   View Answer

I got a better job offer from another part of Scotia.

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!