Scotiabank Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews - one with HR & Senior Manager. HR interviews you first and then Senior Manager a couple weeks later. It was timely and brief. Both interviewers were very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict on your team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2015.

Interview

All behavioral questions .Nothing hard. It was so comfortable interview environment. 2 people were there & one was writing all my answers on a diary. questions were like conflict with team member? how u dealt with angry customer?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

standard. tell me about yourself. Tell me what you know about our company.4 Why are you interested in working for the firm. Initial phone screen. Spoke with the team, I had to compete against others who had more experience.What is your greatest strength and weakness

Analyst Interview

Interview

It last 1 hour with a lot of customer service, accounting, etc

Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty tough

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

All interviewers were very friendly. Having a good understanding of the markets and the economy is critical. Better to have a good opinion of where you think the economy is going verses memorizing facts. Lots of behavioural questions emphasizing teamwork, integrity and your biggest challenges. Also prepare a 30 second elevator pitch for why they should hire you.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you might use a put option verses a forward contract   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

First Round on Campus and Second Round (7+ interviews) at offices. On-site interviews were quite 30 minutes each and took 3.5 hours in total. The questions I remember were. What are the different ways you can value a company and which valuation methods give the highest value? How would you value a company through an LBO transaction (LBO gives the highest valuation of all the methods.)? What do you do outside of work in your free time?

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in us as opposed to other banks?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salaries at the lowest level are relatively set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had 2 interviews. One with HR rep, phone interview, the other with supervisor and manager. The questions were standard, similar to what you can find on the Internet.

Negotiation

I filed up application with my expected base salary and after I got a job they sand me a letter offering slightly higher then what I initially requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

All Analyst positions in the International QAT Department are offered via Third Party hiring companies. Scotiabank utilizes these companies to offer contracts to those seeking the Analyst position. To land one of the positions it's best to get the foot in the door via these companies (ie. Manpower, T&J Consulting). Submit a resume to these companies to get the initial interview. Was interviewed by the Manager and Sr. Analyst. They gave an offer to me about a week later.

Interview Questions

• A situational question to see what my approach to problem solving was based on a problem they had before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes they asked me what my expectation on pay was and gave me what I wanted.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2012.

Interview

Three on 1 interview beginning with behavioral questions and ending with technical questions. Technical questions were easy compared to other banking interviews for BMO and TD.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to participate in a team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to take a leadership role. What was it, and how did it turn out?   Answer Question