Scotiabank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Got a call few months later after I handed in resume. Went in few days later and the environment was nice, they were relatively busy when I went in. The interviewer was nice, I had to wait a bit for her to get prepared.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about yourself and explain the jobs that were done   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Scotiabank.

It was a typical interview process, there was the whole "tell me about yourself" and then couple of behavioural questions like how would you deal with a situation like this... and tell me when you were in a situation like this and how did you handle it?

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Applied online. Contacted for a phone interview the next week. If you pass the phone interview, then you will be brought into the branch for a second (mostly behavioral interview).

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Handed in my resume in person and got a call a month later then interviewed for 50mins by supervisor and manager customer service. Basically they were trying to know more about the candidate, including his/her work history, academic training, personal life and characteristics ......now waiting for the result

Interview Questions
    • they started the interview by asking what my academic training and previous experience would contribute to the job, then they asked other questions based on my answers. Another one was "what sets you apart"   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I went to drop off my resume at a branch and spoke with the Branch Manager. This is usually not typical, as we tell potential candidates to apply online. (This was also 4 years ago so policies may have changed).

After following up, I was called in for an interview. Took place at a branch in an office, with both the supervisor and Manager of Customer Service. Ensure you talk about customer-facing positions when possible. They hire based on attitude and willingness to learn - all the technical stuff can be learned on the job!

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioural questions. I was asked about a time I led a team and failed. What would I do differently?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

two interviews: First is on the phone and goes over job experience, behavioral examples from previous positions. (Describe a situation when..) Second interview is in person. They want to make sure you are a good fit personality wise. Be prepared for an extensive background check. The in person was with two managers, one of which will probably be yours. Weird question was asking if you would ever go sky diving. Also... they like when you are positive about Scotiabank, like their advertisements. They are very positive in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you had to give someone bad news and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank in August 2014.

I was given an date to make the telephone interview for 2:30 the following day. On that day I waited nervously and excitedly, believing that I could kill the interview. Well, 3:00 rolled by, then 3:30 and then at 4:30, she calls. I asked her why she did not call earlier and she lied to me, stating she told me it was 2:30 my time which is the time I expected then changed it to 3:30 my time which still did not explain her calling me at 4:30. I was unable to do the interview at the time and she told me she would re-schedule but I have not heard back from her. This lady has made her company look really bad to me, calling me 2 hours late and then lying to me. It is not acceptable for someone going to an interview to be 2 hours late, so why should it be acceptable to the interviewer to be late and then lie about it. Scotiabank has left me feeling like someone in the company needs to get their act together. Makes me wonder how many other candidate she has screwed over.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank in July 2014.

Getting a call to come in on a specific date after talking on the phone with the manager. Interviewed twice, once with the MCS, once with CSS as well. They were super friendly and asked about the kind of person I am. Anyone can learn the job easy, they just want someone with good customer service skills.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to Scotiabank to make the service you give to customers the most excellent?   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I sent application to HR manager, and interview was set in the next week. Interview questions were simple, such as why you want to be a teller, why scotiabank, plus some behavior question. Usually it takes 30 min, I am done within 20 min.

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I was called about a week after sending in my resume. It was by the HR recruiter. I had a series of 4 interviews, 1 was a bilingual test for French and English over the phone, 5 min conversation. the other was an online simulation. I then had an over the phone conversation for about an hour with the recruiter about my experiences and she asked a bunch of difficult scenario questions. My final interview was in person at the call center. It was with two people and not as complicated as the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when I received great customer service.   Answer Question
    There was none