Scotiabank

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.8

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I went to drop off my resume at a branch and spoke with the Branch Manager. This is usually not typical, as we tell potential candidates to apply online. (This was also 4 years ago so policies may have changed).

After following up, I was called in for an interview. Took place at a branch in an office, with both the supervisor and Manager of Customer Service. Ensure you talk about customer-facing positions when possible. They hire based on attitude and willingness to learn - all the technical stuff can be learned on the job!

Interview Questions
  • Mostly behavioural questions. I was asked about a time I led a team and failed. What would I do differently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

two interviews: First is on the phone and goes over job experience, behavioral examples from previous positions. (Describe a situation when..) Second interview is in person. They want to make sure you are a good fit personality wise. Be prepared for an extensive background check. The in person was with two managers, one of which will probably be yours. Weird question was asking if you would ever go sky diving. Also... they like when you are positive about Scotiabank, like their advertisements. They are very positive in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you had to give someone bad news and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank in August 2014.

I was given an date to make the telephone interview for 2:30 the following day. On that day I waited nervously and excitedly, believing that I could kill the interview. Well, 3:00 rolled by, then 3:30 and then at 4:30, she calls. I asked her why she did not call earlier and she lied to me, stating she told me it was 2:30 my time which is the time I expected then changed it to 3:30 my time which still did not explain her calling me at 4:30. I was unable to do the interview at the time and she told me she would re-schedule but I have not heard back from her. This lady has made her company look really bad to me, calling me 2 hours late and then lying to me. It is not acceptable for someone going to an interview to be 2 hours late, so why should it be acceptable to the interviewer to be late and then lie about it. Scotiabank has left me feeling like someone in the company needs to get their act together. Makes me wonder how many other candidate she has screwed over.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank in July 2014.

Getting a call to come in on a specific date after talking on the phone with the manager. Interviewed twice, once with the MCS, once with CSS as well. They were super friendly and asked about the kind of person I am. Anyone can learn the job easy, they just want someone with good customer service skills.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to Scotiabank to make the service you give to customers the most excellent?   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I sent application to HR manager, and interview was set in the next week. Interview questions were simple, such as why you want to be a teller, why scotiabank, plus some behavior question. Usually it takes 30 min, I am done within 20 min.

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I was called about a week after sending in my resume. It was by the HR recruiter. I had a series of 4 interviews, 1 was a bilingual test for French and English over the phone, 5 min conversation. the other was an online simulation. I then had an over the phone conversation for about an hour with the recruiter about my experiences and she asked a bunch of difficult scenario questions. My final interview was in person at the call center. It was with two people and not as complicated as the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when I received great customer service.   Answer Question
    There was none

Customer Services Representative Interview

Applied through Seneca Co-op program. Phone interview, then in person.

Interview Questions
    • General questions...strengths weakness, why scotiabank, why CSR   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I randomly dropped in to my home branch and asked to speak to the manager/supervisor. I told them who I was and my background and asked if they were hiring. Turns out they just started interviewing that day and set an interview time for me.

I interviewed a week after that visit, got a call back after 2 days. Was asked to come in a few days after to sign paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Focused on behavioural questions related to sales, customer service, and flexibility.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

when in handed my resume to the MSC and got a spot interview, then got called back for another with branch manager then hired.

Interview Questions
    • like most interviews, asked you questions regarding your career path, situational questions, and previous experiences   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Scotiabank in December 2013.

I had an face-to-face interview with two branch managers. Each of them asked me more than 10 questions. Most are common behavior questions.