Scotiabank

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Services Representative Interview

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – Applied through Seneca Co-op program. Phone interview, then in person.

Interview Question – General questions...strengths weakness, why scotiabank, why CSR   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I randomly dropped in to my home branch and asked to speak to the manager/supervisor. I told them who I was and my background and asked if they were hiring. Turns out they just started interviewing that day and set an interview time for me.

I interviewed a week after that visit, got a call back after 2 days. Was asked to come in a few days after to sign paperwork.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Focused on behavioural questions related to sales, customer service, and flexibility.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Scotiabank in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had an face-to-face interview with two branch managers. Each of them asked me more than 10 questions. Most are common behavior questions.

Interview Question – How you deal with difficult clients?   Answer Question

Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2013.

Interview Details – one to one interviewed by customer service supervisor. Situation based questions required example to be provided, such as your ability regarding prioritization, efficiency, team work, whether or not be able to feel and understand in other people's shoes.

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – when in handed my resume to the MSC and got a spot interview, then got called back for another with branch manager then hired.

Interview Question – like most interviews, asked you questions regarding your career path, situational questions, and previous experiences   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. Asked mostly behavioural type questions.

Interview Question – Biggest failure   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I got the first face to face interview with HR, it took about 45 minutes to ask about my previous working experience and asked if I have CSC. next week, they will call me for a phone interview based on behavioral questions.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you failed   Answer Question

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, didn't get a call for 2 or more months. 3 interviews, First was pretty basic, general questions "why Scotiabank?" "experience". Second interview was more situational, ask a question, give a specific answer and outcome. HR hiring did 1 and 2nd interview, Lady was super friendly. Third interview was a branch interview with 2 managers. They were very friendly so it was easy to answer questions. It was pretty basic, a couple questions on experience and customer focus.

Interview Question – There were a few questions that were expected but worded unexpectedly about be empathy towards a customer and persuading someone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2013.

Interview Details – Went through a friend's referral, was called on for interview the next week

Interview Question – Do you want to go back to school in near future? was prepared for everything but that   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a question answer, questions were printed out in advance and the interviewer was writing my response below each questions. Some behavior questions were there.

Interview Question – Describe what is "friendly" means.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have received an email with the offer. I simply set up a meeting where I had to sign the papers. I did not negotiate anything because I was satisfied with the offer to begin with.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scotiabank

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scotiabank Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Scotiabank employees and interview candidates.