Scotiabank

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Services Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I sent application to HR manager, and interview was set in the next week. Interview questions were simple, such as why you want to be a teller, why scotiabank, plus some behavior question. Usually it takes 30 min, I am done within 20 min.

Interview Question – What is the biggest challenge working here   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I was called about a week after sending in my resume. It was by the HR recruiter. I had a series of 4 interviews, 1 was a bilingual test for French and English over the phone, 5 min conversation. the other was an online simulation. I then had an over the phone conversation for about an hour with the recruiter about my experiences and she asked a bunch of difficult scenario questions. My final interview was in person at the call center. It was with two people and not as complicated as the phone interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when I received great customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – Applied through Seneca Co-op program. Phone interview, then in person.

Interview Question – General questions...strengths weakness, why scotiabank, why CSR   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I randomly dropped in to my home branch and asked to speak to the manager/supervisor. I told them who I was and my background and asked if they were hiring. Turns out they just started interviewing that day and set an interview time for me.

I interviewed a week after that visit, got a call back after 2 days. Was asked to come in a few days after to sign paperwork.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Focused on behavioural questions related to sales, customer service, and flexibility.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Scotiabank in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had an face-to-face interview with two branch managers. Each of them asked me more than 10 questions. Most are common behavior questions.

Interview Question – How you deal with difficult clients?   Answer Question

Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2013.

Interview Details – one to one interviewed by customer service supervisor. Situation based questions required example to be provided, such as your ability regarding prioritization, efficiency, team work, whether or not be able to feel and understand in other people's shoes.

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – when in handed my resume to the MSC and got a spot interview, then got called back for another with branch manager then hired.

Interview Question – like most interviews, asked you questions regarding your career path, situational questions, and previous experiences   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. Asked mostly behavioural type questions.

Interview Question – Biggest failure   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I got the first face to face interview with HR, it took about 45 minutes to ask about my previous working experience and asked if I have CSC. next week, they will call me for a phone interview based on behavioral questions.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you failed   Answer Question

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, didn't get a call for 2 or more months. 3 interviews, First was pretty basic, general questions "why Scotiabank?" "experience". Second interview was more situational, ask a question, give a specific answer and outcome. HR hiring did 1 and 2nd interview, Lady was super friendly. Third interview was a branch interview with 2 managers. They were very friendly so it was easy to answer questions. It was pretty basic, a couple questions on experience and customer focus.

Interview Question – There were a few questions that were expected but worded unexpectedly about be empathy towards a customer and persuading someone.   Answer Question

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!