Scotiabank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Scotiabank (Moncton, NB (Canada)).

Interview

typical questions and scenarios, alot of tell us about a time when.......regarding customer service. Tell us about a time when a customer was upset or irate and how you handled it?

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when a customer was upset and how you handled it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Applied in-person as nothing was listed online. Months later they called on the phone to set up an interview. Asked behavioral and situational questions regarding how to handle problems from your job experience, as well as availability, pay and other technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't have enough time to complete 2 equally important things and how did you approach this?

How did you sell/promote something that someone didn't want at first?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

There's two interviews after a phone one, nice people however feels like a tedious process due to the time it takes. My overall process through the 3 stages took around 3 months for such a low position, I feel it's unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• Your typical tell me about yourself and situational stuff   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scotiabank (Lethbridge, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

They sent me an email for virtual interview after one month since I applied. There were pre-recorded questions and I had 30 seconds to think about the question and had 5 minutes to answer the question. There 10 questions and they were all super easy. After a month I got a rejection letter from them. Overall it was a good experience. I guess the interview was something new cuz I have not heard anybody had similar interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      The salary range you expect?
      Can you work evenings and weekends?
      Tell me about your strengths?

3 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Got a call few months later after I handed in resume. Went in few days later and the environment was nice, they were relatively busy when I went in. The interviewer was nice, I had to wait a bit for her to get prepared.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and explain the jobs that were done   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

It was a typical interview process, there was the whole "tell me about yourself" and then couple of behavioural questions like how would you deal with a situation like this... and tell me when you were in a situation like this and how did you handle it?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Went to the branch for the interview. They sat me down and followed an agenda of questions. They were quite friendly. Definitely looking for someone with lots of customer service experience. Interview only lasted 30 minutes. They're also looking for someone who is interested in staying with Scotiabank in the long run.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted for a phone interview the next week. If you pass the phone interview, then you will be brought into the branch for a second (mostly behavioral interview).

Customer Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Handed in my resume in person and got a call a month later then interviewed for 50mins by supervisor and manager customer service. Basically they were trying to know more about the candidate, including his/her work history, academic training, personal life and characteristics ......now waiting for the result

Interview Questions

• they started the interview by asking what my academic training and previous experience would contribute to the job, then they asked other questions based on my answers. Another one was "what sets you apart"   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I went to drop off my resume at a branch and spoke with the Branch Manager. This is usually not typical, as we tell potential candidates to apply online. (This was also 4 years ago so policies may have changed).

After following up, I was called in for an interview. Took place at a branch in an office, with both the supervisor and Manager of Customer Service. Ensure you talk about customer-facing positions when possible. They hire based on attitude and willingness to learn - all the technical stuff can be learned on the job!

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioural questions. I was asked about a time I led a team and failed. What would I do differently?   Answer Question