Scotiabank Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview revolves around background and resume. The process took about 30 minutes. The HR rep was very warm and friendly and made it a lot more relaxing. Salary was also discussed and i was asked what my expectations are. I moved from one financial institution to another and was asked why. I was offered a second interview and am waiting for that to happen.

Interview Questions

• Why Scotia? What would your old manager say are your strengths? And questions about my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what my expectations are and than was told what salary they will offer and if that was ok with me.

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Two sets of prescreening questionnaires- completed online. One phone interview and one in person with a bank manager. Phone interview was based on your past experiences such as "tell me a time when you had a complex product you had to sell". In person interview was more behavioural and how you would react to certain situations.

Interview Questions

• For the first interview, make sure you have several examples of past work experience. Doesn't necessarily have to be sale, but that is a bonus.
      The second interview they give you scenarios and you have to say what you would do. "What would you do if a client of yours was UNABLE to come into the branch when you're working, but can make it before or after your shift?". "What would you do if you're sales are exceeding branch targets but the branch is under performing?". "What do you do if you suspect your client is lying to you?". There is also a time management questions.

Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

I finished a questionnaire about some basic personal questions and did a personality test before the first interview, The first interview was a behavioral interview did by hr and the second interview was a hypothetical interview done by branch manager. First interview questions were based on past experience and second interview questions were about some situations may face if work in bank and how would I deal with them.

Interview Questions

• First interview based on past experience, most were about time management and how would you plan your projects. Some were about customer service, such as "tell me a time when you deal with a difficult customer in your past experience". In the second interview, the interviewer gave me some hypothetical situations and asked what would i do, such as "what would you do if a client can only meet with you before or after your shift?"   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Scotiabank in December 2014.

Interview

Were two phone calls so far!! First was questions my resume! Second was about tell the time you were trying to sell a complex profuct to your client, questions like this. Now i am waiting for response!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me when umyou had to explain a complex product to your client and whats was the result?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interviews (first one is just a prescreen); 2nd round telephone interview is highly behavioural so make sure you have several work-related examples to back up your answer. Last round of interviews consists of a panel interview (in 2 sessions as they switch up interviewers midway) and a group activity. I was tripping hard for the group interview portion as I've never participated in one; no problem, be NATURAL and focus on how you would actually work in a group setting to get the job done - in short, don't be a tool and coerce yourself to be domineering, bossy, obnoxious just to make an impression.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about building a strategic relationship to build a business?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Had two telephonic interviews, the first one was about my working experiences, basic personality questions. I was given the second interview the next day, it's all behaviour questions, you can find the questions on glassdoor, they are all the same.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to explain a difficult concept to a customer?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of telephone interview followed by background check and personal interview in the branch. Takes around 1 month for the total process. Make sure all the numbers can be reached otherwise it takes a while.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Existing employee, telephone interview and 1on1 with branch manager

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Apply online or if you know someone through the referral program. Phone interview and then panel interview with a couple of branch managers. You will be then posted at a training branch awaiting to be posted at a permanent branch based on the needs.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

just asked a few questions, question like y scotiabank? r u mobile? salary expectations, past experince dealing with clients?