Scotiabank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2012.

Interview Details – Panel interview with 4 interviewees - 1 analyst, 1 senior analyst, 1 sr manager, 1 director

General behavioural questions and interests - if hired what would you want to do (as team was not decided at the time of hiring)

Interview Question – What would you like to do here in next 4 months?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Internships are hard to get in current situations, focus more on experience you get - rather than money

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewing for an internship, 2 people (1 VP and 1 Associate) interviewed me for 30mins. All technical questions, topics including following:
- what is EV
- benefits of debt
- walk me through a DCF
- LBO valuations
- Multiple analysis
- what is your favourite stock? why?
- when to use EV/EBIT vs. EV/EBITDA

Interview Question – how would you valuate an oil & energy company? what multiples would you use?   Answer Question

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!