Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.9

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

just brief 30 mins interview, which combined tech and behavior. he just wanted me to ask more questions to him. i asked five and cannot think of anymore

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The managers were engaging in terms of having a conversation with me about where I'm headed in my career. They were new to the firm and feeling out the landscape for themselves as well but very open individuals in terms of discussing what issues they have and how I may be part of the solution.

Risks Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I went to their on campus hiring event and applied online through our university website. I got an interview from the human resource. The first round was with human resource, and the second round was with two managers from related groups. Both the interviewers were very friendly and professional. Typical questions related to risk management and finance. It didn't take very long. I think it took us 30 to 40 minutes.

Equity Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I thought interview went well but I found two weeks later I wash't selected. It really wasn't to bad. Many of the questions were general. MD who interviewed me did ask some technical questions about the market and wanted to see if I had a basic understanding of CAPM...

Interview Questions

• 1st round = A lot of behavioral..A couple of market based questions but nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Interview

The position was pretty much given to me. I didn't have to interview.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions, being that I wasn't interviewed.   Answer Question

Client Portfolio Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds of in person interviews. Interview will call to schedule first round with HR. Regular behavioral questions. Second round with hiring managers - must have an understanding of financial analysis and credit risk. Familiarity with ratio analysis too.

Interview Questions

• What ratio is most important when looking at a commercial client's credit risk?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview. On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team. There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem. The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating. The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Typical behavioral and scenario based questions - first interview has more "tell me about a time when..." whereas second interview is more "how would you deal in this situation?" Questions are straightforward if you use common sense. The interview was of average difficulty. I would rate the process as a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest sales achievement and what you did to get those results.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were on target with your goals but a peer was not?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Internal Audit Co-op and I had an interview with the director over the phone. The interview was fairly easy and basically went through my resume for the most part. Talked a little bit of current news, mainly the Greek debt crisis