Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Scotiabank.

One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

No negotiation

Risks Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I went to their on campus hiring event and applied online through our university website. I got an interview from the human resource. The first round was with human resource, and the second round was with two managers from related groups. Both the interviewers were very friendly and professional. Typical questions related to risk management and finance. It didn't take very long. I think it took us 30 to 40 minutes.

Equity Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank in February 2014.

I thought interview went well but I found two weeks later I wash't selected. It really wasn't to bad. Many of the questions were general. MD who interviewed me did ask some technical questions about the market and wanted to see if I had a basic understanding of CAPM...

Interview Questions
    • 1st round = A lot of behavioral..A couple of market based questions but nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

The position was pretty much given to me. I didn't have to interview.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any questions, being that I wasn't interviewed.   Answer Question

Client Portfolio Analyst Interview

Two rounds of in person interviews. Interview will call to schedule first round with HR. Regular behavioral questions. Second round with hiring managers - must have an understanding of financial analysis and credit risk. Familiarity with ratio analysis too.

Interview Questions
    • What ratio is most important when looking at a commercial client's credit risk?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank in January 2010.

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview.
    On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team.
    There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem.
    The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating.

The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Scotiabank.

3 stages, two screening stages, one phone and one in person. The questionnaire are your basic behavioral type questions. Most questions had to do with previous sales experience. Def a benefit if you have the CSC finished.

Interview Questions
    • lots of describe a situations and details about previous jobs   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Recruiter contacted me after reviewing my resume. I was invited to an interview with a panel which included the section head (director) and delivery head. The interview lasted about 1 hour. I was asked questions related to past projects, my involvement in them and project management methodologies.

Interview Questions
    • Not all projects are successful. Describe one project which failed and what did you do to recover it?   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Straight forward, asked about previous work experience and how it relates to the project they want you working on. It's a trade floor job so an understanding of capital markets is good especially if you understand the product you'll be dealing with.

Personal Banking Officer Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Behavioural , previous job , personality
    tell me about yourself ? unhappy customer , difficult situation time management ,Give me an example of a time you discovered an error that been overlooked by a colleague. What did you do? What was the outcome?Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation. What kind of thought process did you go through? Was the recommendation accepted? If not, why?

Interview Questions
    • example of goals you set and achieved ? complex product to sell ?   Answer Question