Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

3 stages, two screening stages, one phone and one in person. The questionnaire are your basic behavioral type questions. Most questions had to do with previous sales experience. Def a benefit if you have the CSC finished.

Interview Questions

• lots of describe a situations and details about previous jobs   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after reviewing my resume. I was invited to an interview with a panel which included the section head (director) and delivery head. The interview lasted about 1 hour. I was asked questions related to past projects, my involvement in them and project management methodologies.

Interview Questions

• Not all projects are successful. Describe one project which failed and what did you do to recover it?   Answer Question

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Straight forward, asked about previous work experience and how it relates to the project they want you working on. It's a trade floor job so an understanding of capital markets is good especially if you understand the product you'll be dealing with.

Personal Banking Officer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Behavioural , previous job , personality
    tell me about yourself ? unhappy customer , difficult situation time management ,Give me an example of a time you discovered an error that been overlooked by a colleague. What did you do? What was the outcome?Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation. What kind of thought process did you go through? Was the recommendation accepted? If not, why?

Interview Questions

• example of goals you set and achieved ? complex product to sell ?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Questionnairre, Phone Interview, Branch Interview. This particular job was stationed in Calgary Alberta, I live in Winnipeg. I did the majority of the interviewing over the phone and then had one interview at a local branch. The first phone interview was all behavioural type quesitons. I advise first describing the situation, then stating your decision and following up with the outcome of that decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you led a team and failed? Tell me about a time you made a bad decision.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Scotiabank in March 2015.

Interview

All behavioral questions .Nothing hard. It was so comfortable interview environment. 2 people were there & one was writing all my answers on a diary. questions were like conflict with team member? how u dealt with angry customer?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Got a call few months later after I handed in resume. Went in few days later and the environment was nice, they were relatively busy when I went in. The interviewer was nice, I had to wait a bit for her to get prepared.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and explain the jobs that were done   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

It was a typical interview process, there was the whole "tell me about yourself" and then couple of behavioural questions like how would you deal with a situation like this... and tell me when you were in a situation like this and how did you handle it?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through career website. Received email to arrange phone interview. Few basic questions during the phone interview regarding basic information such as relocation tendencies and study background. Two weeks later face to face interview with a panel of 3 at the company headquarters. 45 minute interview with questions regarding database handling queries, why this position, your understanding of the responsibilities of the position. Be familiar with the nature of the position and its demands and you will be fine. Very friendly environment. Only one technical question.

Interview Questions

• How do you join two tables without losing info.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are open minded as long as you are reasonable and within limits of the position halo.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I finished a questionnaire about some basic personal questions and did a personality test before the first interview, The first interview was a behavioral interview did by hr and the second interview was a hypothetical interview done by branch manager. First interview questions were based on past experience and second interview questions were about some situations may face if work in bank and how would I deal with them.