Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.9

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

3 stages, two screening stages, one phone and one in person. The questionnaire are your basic behavioral type questions. Most questions had to do with previous sales experience. Def a benefit if you have the CSC finished.

Interview Questions

• lots of describe a situations and details about previous jobs   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Straight forward, asked about previous work experience and how it relates to the project they want you working on. It's a trade floor job so an understanding of capital markets is good especially if you understand the product you'll be dealing with.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after reviewing my resume. I was invited to an interview with a panel which included the section head (director) and delivery head. The interview lasted about 1 hour. I was asked questions related to past projects, my involvement in them and project management methodologies.

Interview Questions

• Not all projects are successful. Describe one project which failed and what did you do to recover it?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I had a telephone which went well. I was invited to in person interview with a hiring manager at their head office. Interviewer was friendly but detailed and paying attention. He complemented my experience and said that I am a good fit. He gave me good description of the job. I was confident with my answers. It seemed that everything went well and the connection was there. I was told that I will hear back in a week and a half from him. I expressed great interest in a position and made clear that I am very much interested. I was very disappointed that I never heard back from him or from HR. At least a polite note that they went with another candidate would be fine. People put a great effort to come to interviews. There is travel expense, parking, time, proper outfit and preparation.That company has no respect for future candidates. I do not want to work for them and will never apply. If they do not respect you during courting and honey moon process,...wait till you actually work there for few years. ...Scotiabank should review their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience, education, industry   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Behavioural , previous job , personality tell me about yourself ? unhappy customer , difficult situation time management ,Give me an example of a time you discovered an error that been overlooked by a colleague. What did you do? What was the outcome?Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation. What kind of thought process did you go through? Was the recommendation accepted? If not, why?

Interview Questions

• example of goals you set and achieved ? complex product to sell ?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, 2 phone interviews and 1:1 with Branch manager. 1 phone interview was pre screening, questions on resume, salary expectations. 2nd phone interview was based on behavioral questions on past experiences. 3rd in person interview was hypothetical questions; what would you do if... Have examples related to past experiences dealing with customers, what did you do and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What would your manager say are your strengths and weakness Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer.. What would you do if you didn't reach your targets?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2015.

Interview

All behavioral questions .Nothing hard. It was so comfortable interview environment. 2 people were there & one was writing all my answers on a diary. questions were like conflict with team member? how u dealt with angry customer?

Customer Service Representative (Paid) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

I applied through a recruiter company. After 2 weeks i got a phone interview. The interviewer was very polite and asked general questions. The position was for a paid intership in customer service role. You have to speak very slowly because in general they take notes. I didn't take an offer. They sent me an email that i was not going to the other step. Anyway,very professional people.

Interview Questions

• -Introduce yourself -What are your strengths? -How do you rate yourself in customer service?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Questionnairre, Phone Interview, Branch Interview. This particular job was stationed in Calgary Alberta, I live in Winnipeg. I did the majority of the interviewing over the phone and then had one interview at a local branch. The first phone interview was all behavioural type quesitons. I advise first describing the situation, then stating your decision and following up with the outcome of that decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you led a team and failed? Tell me about a time you made a bad decision.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Got a call few months later after I handed in resume. Went in few days later and the environment was nice, they were relatively busy when I went in. The interviewer was nice, I had to wait a bit for her to get prepared.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and explain the jobs that were done   Answer Question