Scotiabank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I was hired internally. Got a coffee chat with the director. then I got an technical interview with an associate director, before they offer me officially , I also met with the managing director.

Interview Question – technical questions like how to make a random number generator using any programming languaues   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – Behavior and technical. No HR interviews.

Interview Question – write a code with Java.   Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

SQL Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2014.

Interview Details – A HR interview on the phone and an in person interview on site both to discuss resume and work experience.

Interview Question – The unexpected question was how much experience do you have with SSIS or SRIS.   Answer Question

Senior Management Interview

Senior Management
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2010.

Interview Details – HR FOllowed by Hiring Manager followed by Manager of Hiring Manager

Interview Question – Can't remember any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My way or high way

Associate Intern (IV Month Co-op) Interview

Associate Intern (IV Month Co-op)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was not technical at all. My sense was that the individual who hired me really just wanted to get to know me, and I guess my resume spoke for itself. Questions were about what I wanted to get out of the job, my expectations, future goals, etc.

Interview Question – Can't say anything in my interview would be considered difficult. Just be prepared to speak about your future and what you really want to make your career about. Have specific goals and a well planned-out time line.   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Customer Service Officer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – they are looking for up beat positive people, who are mature and professional. first you will have a 45 minute phone interview if you pass that they will set up a meeting for the 2nd interview with who will be your manager. at that interview they are just trying to find out what kind of personality you have and to make sure you would want to work in a call center.

Interview Question – Name something you have failed at   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interview Details – Pretty tough

Interview Question – What's your favourite colour. I am colour blind.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – ask most about your resume, black-sholes, C++, and some brainteaser

Interview Question – brainteaser, but actually you can just google to get such questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Scotiabank in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had an face-to-face interview with two branch managers. Each of them asked me more than 10 questions. Most are common behavior questions.

Interview Question – How you deal with difficult clients?   Answer Question

Senior Personal Banking Officer Interview

Senior Personal Banking Officer

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – Hr sends you a form to fill out, then an phone interview, then an in person, then a follow up call to describe next steps and check references.

Interview Question – What would you do if you started to get overloaded with work?   Answer Question