Scotiabank

209 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Personal Banking Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – Application submitted at a branch. Panel interview at branch with Manager of Personal Banking and Manager of Customer Service. Interview questions are all behavioural (tell me about a time when.., try and recall a scenario where..)

Interview Question – What can you do for Scotiabank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated up $3000/yr.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I randomly dropped in to my home branch and asked to speak to the manager/supervisor. I told them who I was and my background and asked if they were hiring. Turns out they just started interviewing that day and set an interview time for me.

I interviewed a week after that visit, got a call back after 2 days. Was asked to come in a few days after to sign paperwork.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Focused on behavioural questions related to sales, customer service, and flexibility.   Answer Question

Systems Support Interview

Systems Support

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – Got in touch with a recruiter after I applied on College website. The recruiter scheduled to see me before getting an interview with the managers. I seen both the recruiter and manager on the same day. Waited roughly a week or so before they proceeded with background and reference checks, and was offered the position afterwards. Gave me a months notice.

Interview Question – Why do you choose to work here?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I was hired internally. Got a coffee chat with the director. then I got an technical interview with an associate director, before they offer me officially , I also met with the managing director.

Interview Question – technical questions like how to make a random number generator using any programming languaues   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – Behavior and technical. No HR interviews.

Interview Question – write a code with Java.   Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

SQL Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2014.

Interview Details – A HR interview on the phone and an in person interview on site both to discuss resume and work experience.

Interview Question – The unexpected question was how much experience do you have with SSIS or SRIS.   Answer Question

Senior Management Interview

Senior Management
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2010.

Interview Details – HR FOllowed by Hiring Manager followed by Manager of Hiring Manager

Interview Question – Can't remember any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My way or high way

Associate Intern (IV Month Co-op) Interview

Associate Intern (IV Month Co-op)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was not technical at all. My sense was that the individual who hired me really just wanted to get to know me, and I guess my resume spoke for itself. Questions were about what I wanted to get out of the job, my expectations, future goals, etc.

Interview Question – Can't say anything in my interview would be considered difficult. Just be prepared to speak about your future and what you really want to make your career about. Have specific goals and a well planned-out time line.   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Customer Service Officer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – they are looking for up beat positive people, who are mature and professional. first you will have a 45 minute phone interview if you pass that they will set up a meeting for the 2nd interview with who will be your manager. at that interview they are just trying to find out what kind of personality you have and to make sure you would want to work in a call center.

Interview Question – Name something you have failed at   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – Pretty tough

Interview Question – What's your favourite colour. I am colour blind.   Answer Question