Scotiabank

Average Difficulty
203 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I applied thru Workopolis, wait for 2 weeks until the 1st phone interview, questions about scanning my backgrounds, initiative, strength/weakness and understanding of the position, also mainly asked my sales experience. Now the 2nd phone interview will be this week focus on behaviour questions.

Interview Question – what reasons make you want to help people in financial area?   Answer Question

Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2013.

Interview Details – one to one interviewed by customer service supervisor. Situation based questions required example to be provided, such as your ability regarding prioritization, efficiency, team work, whether or not be able to feel and understand in other people's shoes.

Very Easy Interview

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank in May 2012.

Interview Details – Simple hiring. Submitted my resume through HR and met up with the people at the division for a 30 minute interview. Was asked of my background and why I wanted to work at Scotiabank. Nothing hard. Was offered the job on the next day and started working the next week.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – when in handed my resume to the MSC and got a spot interview, then got called back for another with branch manager then hired.

Interview Question – like most interviews, asked you questions regarding your career path, situational questions, and previous experiences   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Customer Representative
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in February 2012.

Interview Details – MCS called, interviewed with MCS and Front Line Supervisor.
Waited for a month, interviewed with Branch Manager.

Interview Question – How can you get people to support fundraising?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to neogitate, it was what it was

London, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is lengthy. Three phone interviews, followed by a face to face interview with a branch manager.

Interview Question – Unexpected questions relating to community involvement.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. Asked mostly behavioural type questions.

Interview Question – Biggest failure   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional and what you would expect from a reputable financial institution

Interview Question – Why accept a demotion for my initial role.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager, asked about knowledge of systems. No technical questions beyond that.

Interview Question – What is the share price of Scotiabank   Answer Question

Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, in two days got an email with 16 questions. Answered them and got a reply saying would like to conduct telephonic interview. Then as soon as we were done with the telwphonic interview she said I would like you to see one of our managers for a personal interview. Personal interview was done and she said I would like you to be a part of scotiabank.

Interview Question – Everything was fairly straight forward. Google interview questions and you will get tons of question to prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None