Scotiabank

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.9

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank in July 2014.

Getting a call to come in on a specific date after talking on the phone with the manager. Interviewed twice, once with the MCS, once with CSS as well. They were super friendly and asked about the kind of person I am. Anyone can learn the job easy, they just want someone with good customer service skills.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to Scotiabank to make the service you give to customers the most excellent?   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I kept applying to everything and everywhere, and they eventually called me up by my phone to offer me this interview.
    The interview was divided into three different parts. The first two being phone interviews, the last one being an in-person group panel interview. First interview is pretty basic and short, less than twenty minutes for sure, and it mainly goes over the job description and your resume. The second interview is entirely based on behavioural questions, and that lasted about half an hour. The last and final interview, which was probably the most challenging, was a group panel interview, where you would have to interview with three other candidates for the same position. They say it isn't a competition, but you should treat it like that because if they were to hire more than on individual, they would both have to be phenomenal.

The last interview lasted about two hours, and the first hour consisted of the group interview portion. I advise that you place emphasis on your team working skills. They care less about your idea, rather than how you conduct yourselves with a team. DON'T fight, or be demanding, bossy, etc. It won't do you any favours. The second hour you interview with 2 of the 4 interviewers about behavioural questions. They WILL try to stump you, so be prepared. About half way they switch with the other interviewers and continue with the questions.

At the end you are allowed to ask the panel questions. I would suggest asking them a tough question to really throw them off guard, and ADDRESS them by their NAME.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. I destroyed this interview.   Answer Question
    None.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank in July 2014.

Got a phone called to know the first phone interview time. First phone interview, questions all from resume, and any sales experience and details, it took 2 weeks to know the result; and second phone interview, focus on behaviour questions, so many questions from their book. and got refuse email the coming week.

Interview Questions
    • a example to promote a product which customer doesn't want, and result.   Answer Question

(Technical) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I got an interview through employee referral , was interviewed over phone, simple HR questions and next day I was invited for 1:1 interview, I was interview by two team managers. Be thorough with your resume, questions like Why you think you are fit for this position, a few technical questions

No negotiation

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank.

I sent application to HR manager, and interview was set in the next week. Interview questions were simple, such as why you want to be a teller, why scotiabank, plus some behavior question. Usually it takes 30 min, I am done within 20 min.

Personal Banking Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank.

first interview, received an unexpected call with no email, asking if I am free for an interview or would like to scheduled call , mostly asked about my background and sales targets and performance in my last positions.

Associate Programmer Analyst Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank in June 2014.

Received a call from Scotiabank after 2 weeks of applying online.One technical interview and it was having all questions from java, oracle and scenario based.Hash Map implementation. I thought i dint get through but they called after 2.5 weeks and said I'm selected . So don't get upset if you don't hear from them fast . It takes time.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to draw a small ER diagram for a table relationship. Like ,The interviewer gave me 4 tables and asked scenarios of linking and draw an ER diagram.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank in June 2014.

Well managed, Behavioural interview. Easy going managers. They contact me constatly to provide status of the process. Is difficult to find a spot inside when you do not have Canian experience. The Bank values internal talent and women a lot.

Transparent and agile.

Business Analyst Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotiabank in June 2014.

Nothing unexpected. She asked about Excel skills, Vlookup, data analysis skills. Why do you think you fit for this position? She also introduced her job and responsibility of this co-op position.

Associate Business Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Scotiabank in June 2014.

Applied through school co-op program. The interview was short (20min) and the manager asked about my previous intern experience and how strong my excel skill is. Got the offer after 5 days.