Scotiabank

186 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1st a phone interview where basic unix and data structures questions were asked.
Then got called in for an in person interview. Asked some more programming questions and some probability questions. Most questions had to do with python and command line scripts. as well as basic file searching and pattern recognition with unix command line.

Interview Question – How can i make an exponential distribution from a guassian?   Answer Question

Manager, Commercial Banking Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – First, I submitted online application. Few weeks later, I got a phone call for on the spot interview. After almost a week or two, I got a call for the 2nd round interview (face-to-face). The 2nd round interview had an HR manager and the Hiring Manager (45 mins). Got an offer within a few days.

Interview Question – Explained a job scenario and the Hiring Manager wanted to know what I would do in such a situation (the situation was very similar to the job responsibility).   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – I got a phone Interview first. After a week, I got on site interview, asking a lot of probability questions. The behavioral questions are very basic, like why you think yourself qualified in this position and how you like working in a team. They also asked me some questions about the projects I did in school

Interview Question – technical questions   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in depth everything was covered.All the situational/behavioural questions were already asked on the Phone for which I spent 70mins and succeeded.

However, the in person interview is completely useless IMO. I was only asked three questions(see next section). I had given very reasonable answers to each and I was genuine.

I think Iscotia needs to train managers in how to avoid bringing their own personal beliefs and biases when selecting someone for a position.
They didn't hire me based on my personal interests (see questions below).

The in-person is simply an opportunity for the manager to decide based on their personal "feeling" which I found discriminatory to be honest.

P.S I am shaking hands at the end of the interview and saying farewell they stopped pretending to be polite instead they brushed me off and avoiding any eye contact, gave me a flaky handshake.

Interview Question – 1) tell me something weird about yourself
2) why do you want to work at a brokerage?
3) What do you like to do in your free time?
  View Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – 4 interviews in total
1st interview with HR for 30 minutes to talk about my work history and my areas of expertise.

2nd interview with 2 team members and the manager for 1h15m. Talked about their hiring needs and asked about my work experience.

3rd interview with director and manager for 1h15m. Interpersonal questions.

4th interview is technical questions for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected. just be familiar with what you put in your resume.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Personal Banking Officer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, fellow by a in branch interview.

Interview Question – Proof that you are a team player   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Accounting Clerk Interview

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – hiring process was easy ...............................................................................................................................

Interview Question – there was nothing unexpected that was asked. they have some basic questions...............................................   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Personal Banking Officer
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scotiabank in October 2013.

Interview Details – One short Phone interview
One longer more detailed phone interview
One face to face

Interview Question – Why are our clients going to purchase from you   Answer Question

CSO Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – There's a phone interview with HR where they ask you fairly basic stuff. They send you an email with a test where you are pretending to be a customer service representative of a company and you must listen to the customer and answer the questions they post. After a few days you'll get scheduled in for an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Questions regarding customer service; How do you deal with angry customers? what do you consider good customer service?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – Existing employee, telephone interview and 1on1 with branch manager

Interview Question – show me using case study   Answer Question