Scotiabank

Scotiabank Manager Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Scotiabank.

Behavior and technical. No HR interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scotiabank in January 2014.

Submit application online. Then call for a one on one interview. First interview with the hiring manager, the next interview is with the VP. Then get a call from HR a few weeks after the interview on an offer.

Interview Questions
    • questions are not as difficult as other banks. very generic like describe your current role and yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank in October 2011.

I had a telephonic interview with the HR. Then there was an interview with the Director and a VP for about an hour. Then the process took a turn in the third round when there was a panel of 5 SVPs and a director who interviewed me for 45 Minutes. and a rotating interview with 3 Senior managers continued outside the panel room where the rest of the 3 candidates were being interviewed. The interview with the 3 Sr. Managers were for an hour each and they probed and tested every little detail on the resume and then cross verified with the others. But at no point did it feel uncomfortable as they were very nice. After I cleared this round, I had another 1:1 with their Senior Most SVP where she wanted to make sure that I would stay around with the bank and not leave after an year or so.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the Euro crisis and how do you think it will impact the world? What should be the steps the bank should take to mitigate the risk?   Answer Question
    I negotiated upwards to 25% more than the original offer and some extra benefits and finally signed the contract after 36 days from the first telephonic call! Banks usually do not negotiate this hard but I had 3 competing offers and I guess they really liked me. I would suggest that someone review the salary market and play on their strengths. Also, please be very honest in your expectations because everyone in the process is very intelligent, otherwise they would not be sitting across the table from you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Scotiabank in July 2010.

Simple interview with 50 percent soft questions to determine fit and outline the details of the role and 50 percent skill testing/problem solving questions.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy. Mostly math related. Easy quant questions.   Answer Question
    No real negotiations for entry level quant job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank in January 2010.

Very professional and what you would expect from a reputable financial institution