Scotiabank

Getting the Interview

30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – The position was pretty much given to me. I didn't have to interview.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any questions, being that I wasn't interviewed.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – Application submitted at a branch. Panel interview at branch with Manager of Personal Banking and Manager of Customer Service. Interview questions are all behavioural (tell me about a time when.., try and recall a scenario where..)

Interview Question – What can you do for Scotiabank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated up $3000/yr.

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – Telephone preview, behavior test, in person interview

Interview Question – What do you do if there's no suitable product for your customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiable.

Personal Banking Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email for a phone interview, did the first phone interview, kind of general questions,
weakness, strength, why Scotiabank, and why personal banking officer.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I applied thru Workopolis, wait for 2 weeks until the 1st phone interview, questions about scanning my backgrounds, initiative, strength/weakness and understanding of the position, also mainly asked my sales experience. Now the 2nd phone interview will be this week focus on behaviour questions.

Interview Question – what reasons make you want to help people in financial area?   Answer Question

London, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is lengthy. Three phone interviews, followed by a face to face interview with a branch manager.

Interview Question – Unexpected questions relating to community involvement.   Answer Question

Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, in two days got an email with 16 questions. Answered them and got a reply saying would like to conduct telephonic interview. Then as soon as we were done with the telwphonic interview she said I would like you to see one of our managers for a personal interview. Personal interview was done and she said I would like you to be a part of scotiabank.

Interview Question – Everything was fairly straight forward. Google interview questions and you will get tons of question to prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Personal Banking Officer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, fellow by a in branch interview.

Interview Question – Proof that you are a team player   Answer Question

Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scotiabank in October 2013.

Interview Details – One short Phone interview
One longer more detailed phone interview
One face to face

Interview Question – Why are our clients going to purchase from you   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone the day after applying. Did two phone interviews; one was standard questions, the other was a behavioural interview asking questions about past experiences. The overall process was very quick, and the interviewer was friendly and very helpful to talk to.

Interview Question – Typical behavioural questions. Expect a lot of "describe a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scotiabank

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scotiabank Personal Banking Officer interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Scotiabank employees and interview candidates.