Scotiabank

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – The position was pretty much given to me. I didn't have to interview.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any questions, being that I wasn't interviewed.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in July 2014.

Interview Details – Got a phone called to know the first phone interview time. First phone interview, questions all from resume, and any sales experience and details, it took 2 weeks to know the result; and second phone interview, focus on behaviour questions, so many questions from their book. and got refuse email the coming week.

Interview Question – a example to promote a product which customer doesn't want, and result.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview Details – I just got the 1st interview through. It was taking place by phone. It was pretty basic. The interviewer will ask you about your background and nothing tricky. You just need to know what the job is and your experience, how you can use your knowledge. Just try to be confident and smooth. Essentially, you are dealing with people either case.

Interview Question – Tough questions are to be come in the next interview.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on line. Two phone interview before having the last interview whit the hiring person. Overall interview proccess was positive. They were flexible regarding the time and hours that I was available for the intereview. Calls were done always on time and last about 45 or 60 minutes each. Instructions were always clear and specific.

Interview Question – Related to previous work experience regarding customer services.   Answer Question

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Scotiabank in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview: it takes about 20 minutes. Ask for some basic questions. The recruiter is from Toronto. Her voice sounds nice and friendly. I still waiting for the feedback from her.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a personal banker officer?
What's your weakness?
Why choose Scotiabank?
  View Answer

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a e-mail after 2 weeks to schedule a telephone interview. Three days after the 1st interview I got the 2nd interview. I will have my last face-to-face interview tomorrow. Once you get contacted, the process goes very fast and straight foward. HR person was really friendly.

Interview Question – lots of behaviour questions from the 2nd phone interviews that were unexpected. Have to give many examples such as tell me a time you got into conflicts and how you resolved? Describe me a time when you need to set up a goal and how did you achieve it? Tell me a time where you spot a problem and what did you do to prevent or stop it?   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – Application submitted at a branch. Panel interview at branch with Manager of Personal Banking and Manager of Customer Service. Interview questions are all behavioural (tell me about a time when.., try and recall a scenario where..)

Interview Question – What can you do for Scotiabank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated up $3000/yr.

Interview Details – Telephone preview, behavior test, in person interview

Interview Question – What do you do if there's no suitable product for your customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiable.

Personal Banking Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email for a phone interview, did the first phone interview, kind of general questions,
weakness, strength, why Scotiabank, and why personal banking officer.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview Details – I applied thru Workopolis, wait for 2 weeks until the 1st phone interview, questions about scanning my backgrounds, initiative, strength/weakness and understanding of the position, also mainly asked my sales experience. Now the 2nd phone interview will be this week focus on behaviour questions.

Interview Question – what reasons make you want to help people in financial area?   Answer Question

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!