Scotiabank Personal Banking Officer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.2

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banking Officer Interview

The position was pretty much given to me. I didn't have to interview.

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't asked any questions, being that I wasn't interviewed.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in August 2014.

3 interviews, 2 phone, 1 face to face. first, screening your resume about 30 mins, second, behavior questions google the questions prepare examples, must answer in STAR, third situational. still waiting for the third one.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in July 2014.

Got a phone called to know the first phone interview time. First phone interview, questions all from resume, and any sales experience and details, it took 2 weeks to know the result; and second phone interview, focus on behaviour questions, so many questions from their book. and got refuse email the coming week.

Interview Questions
    • a example to promote a product which customer doesn't want, and result.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

I just got the 1st interview through. It was taking place by phone. It was pretty basic. The interviewer will ask you about your background and nothing tricky. You just need to know what the job is and your experience, how you can use your knowledge. Just try to be confident and smooth. Essentially, you are dealing with people either case.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2013.

Applied on line. Two phone interview before having the last interview whit the hiring person. Overall interview proccess was positive. They were flexible regarding the time and hours that I was available for the intereview. Calls were done always on time and last about 45 or 60 minutes each. Instructions were always clear and specific.

Interview Questions
    • Related to previous work experience regarding customer services.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Scotiabank in May 2014.

Phone interview: it takes about 20 minutes. Ask for some basic questions. The recruiter is from Toronto. Her voice sounds nice and friendly. I still waiting for the feedback from her.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a personal banker officer?
      What's your weakness?
      Why choose Scotiabank?
        View Answer

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Applied online and got a e-mail after 2 weeks to schedule a telephone interview. Three days after the 1st interview I got the 2nd interview. I will have my last face-to-face interview tomorrow. Once you get contacted, the process goes very fast and straight foward. HR person was really friendly.

Interview Questions
    • lots of behaviour questions from the 2nd phone interviews that were unexpected. Have to give many examples such as tell me a time you got into conflicts and how you resolved? Describe me a time when you need to set up a goal and how did you achieve it? Tell me a time where you spot a problem and what did you do to prevent or stop it?   Answer Question

Personal Banking Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank.

Application submitted at a branch. Panel interview at branch with Manager of Personal Banking and Manager of Customer Service. Interview questions are all behavioural (tell me about a time when.., try and recall a scenario where..)

Negotiated up $3000/yr.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

Telephone preview, behavior test, in person interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if there's no suitable product for your customer?   Answer Question
    Salary was not negotiable.

Personal Banking Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2013.

Got an email for a phone interview, did the first phone interview, kind of general questions,
    weakness, strength, why Scotiabank, and why personal banking officer.

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!