Scotiabank Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.2

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scotiabank in February 2015.

Interview

Very positive. Open and frequent communication with the hiring manager and HR. Never felt I was out of the loop as to what was going on, and my inquiries were responded to in a timely manner. HR reached out to me to schedule the initial panel interview within days of applying online. Throughout the process they were very clear about timelines, and as an applicant this means a lot. It takes only a minute to send an email with a timeline update, and that effort goes a long way to engaging the candidates and making them want to work for Scotia.

Interview Questions

• What is the value you bring to your role and to this company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

As it has been a long time since last time I was intereviewed. I do not recall all the details. As I recall, it was a very professional and very pleasant process.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone screening interview with recruiter; second with hiring manager and key staff member; third with hiring manager and exec vp.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this scenario - case was a recent situation that their team had gone through with a difficult client   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

2 levels of interview, thorough background checking including credentials,references and police record verification

Interview Questions

Negotiation

went through hiring agent but from what I understand it wasn't tough

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank in November 2011.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

Had four interviews - firstly with two Directors, then a phone interview with someone from HR, followed by an interview by a Vice President and lastly by a Senior Vice President.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions, only the SVP who interviewed me was not an easy person to talk with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate - I was told it was take it or leave it. As a new migrant, I didn't have a choice, and also didn't know how to interview. Consequently, like most migrants, I am probably paid less than my counterparts who were born in Canada and are Caucasians.