Scott & White Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.6

RNMcLane's Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Scott & White Healthcare.

Initial application review via email, asked 3 prescreen questions: Visa required now or in future, able to commit 2 years to department, willing to work nights?, Two interviews, one with nurse manager, one with staff. Very friendly and caring environment, very organized. Prefer BSN candidates, interested in educational goals. Team based nursing (yes really!)

Interview Questions
    • Probably looking more for a personality type to fit in with the team.   Answer Question

BILLING and FOLLOW UP TECH Interview

Phone interview and interview with department manager. Manager tells you about the position and expectations and then ask if you have experience working in the healthcare industry. They're no set questions its up to you to sell your experience to the manager.

none

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Scott & White Healthcare.

Always go through a recruiter. With a hospital system this large, your application is likely to go unnoticed. Credentialing does take approximately 60-90 days. Mine was delayed due to a clerical error, but this time frame is about average.

Very little negotiating room.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Scott & White Healthcare.

I submitted my resume through a current employee, and was invited to the monthly group interview. The first hour (as stated below) was a case study, which wasn't too bad (just a lot of writing, a little stressful, and with no feedback). The second two hours were team-based problem solving games & puzzles, designed to see how you work with people. It was actually kind of fun. There were observers the entire time, but it was easy to focus on the tasks & forget they were there.
    The group (there were 11 of us) then were treated to lunch, and let to wait in a conference room for an hour while the observer team deliberated. (The comparison to American Idol Hollywood Week cracks me up--it's so true!) At the end of the hour, the IS director came in, thanked everyone for participating, and announced who would be staying for continued interviews (1 out of the 11).
    I was the one. I then went up to the PMO for two interviews--one with a few team members, one with the IS director. They were enjoyable conversations, but clearly focused on my preparation & knowledge. This took another 90 min or so--all told, I was onsite for 6.5 hours.
    I interviewed on a Friday, and received word on Monday morning that I wasn't judged to be a good fit for their needs, and would progress no further.

Patient Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Scott & White Healthcare.

Received telephone call to set up interview. Very professional and easy to talk with. Everyone at the interview location was very nice and made me feel comfortable. One of the best interviews I've done in a long time.

IT Applications Support Analyst Interview

There were two interviews total. The first interview was typical in that some generic interview questions were asked, but it also felt very relaxed as we talked a lot about the position itself. I felt very relaxed with the two interviewers. The second interview consisted of presenting some materials. I was provided the outline of what I was to present about 1 week before the second interview. Overall, I felt like both interviews went very well.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly do not feel like there were any unexpected or overly difficult questions. The interviews were very straightforward.   View Answer

I had another offer for a different job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scott & White Healthcare in December 2013.

PMO will contact you if you are selected for the next round, a group interview. After the 4 hour process, if you are still in the running you will be asked to stay for a traditional interview. In my group 1 of 19 made it.

Interview Questions
    • As a seasoned PM, I found it very enjoyable. I apparently was not what they where looking for.   Answer Question

Physician Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare.

No interview until after hired. No contract either. However they have changed that process. Written resume seems more important than a face to face interview even today.

Interview Questions
    Salary based on their formula and not much flexibility there at the time I hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scott & White Healthcare in October 2013.

Sent my resume over to a recruiter through a mutual acquaintance. Was asked to show up for an all afternoon interview in casual clothes. The experience is similar to what someone already reviewed for the Program Manager position. The first hour is a case study. The next couple of hours involved team exercises and logic games, such as tossing a ball to each other, while silent observers continuously took notes. The competition was fierce with over 20 people ranging from San Antonio, Austin, up through Waco, including a director at a very large company. It was supposed to be enjoyable, but was more stressful then enjoyable. After waiting in a candidates room for 1.5 hrs like an American Idol Hollywood week, three people moved on to the next interview phase.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process was very unusual, as there was no pre-screen interview.   Answer Question

Cardiac Rehab Intern Interview

Saw internship through school announcement, sent in resume and cover letter, contacted by email to set up interview, offered internship on the spot. Internship is unpaid and must count for school credit.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Basically just got to know me.   Answer Question