Scott & White Healthcare

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare.

Interview Details – Always go through a recruiter. With a hospital system this large, your application is likely to go unnoticed. Credentialing does take approximately 60-90 days. Mine was delayed due to a clerical error, but this time frame is about average.

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiating room.

CNA Interview

CNA
Temple, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare in March 2013.

Interview Details – apply online then received call within 2 weeks with information for interview. Interviewed with day and night management then received orientation packed via email within 2 to 3 days

Interview Question – none that stand out   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through a current employee, and was invited to the monthly group interview. The first hour (as stated below) was a case study, which wasn't too bad (just a lot of writing, a little stressful, and with no feedback). The second two hours were team-based problem solving games & puzzles, designed to see how you work with people. It was actually kind of fun. There were observers the entire time, but it was easy to focus on the tasks & forget they were there.
The group (there were 11 of us) then were treated to lunch, and let to wait in a conference room for an hour while the observer team deliberated. (The comparison to American Idol Hollywood Week cracks me up--it's so true!) At the end of the hour, the IS director came in, thanked everyone for participating, and announced who would be staying for continued interviews (1 out of the 11).
I was the one. I then went up to the PMO for two interviews--one with a few team members, one with the IS director. They were enjoyable conversations, but clearly focused on my preparation & knowledge. This took another 90 min or so--all told, I was onsite for 6.5 hours.
I interviewed on a Friday, and received word on Monday morning that I wasn't judged to be a good fit for their needs, and would progress no further.

Interview Question – The problem solving games!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Temple, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare in March 2010.

Interview Details – Basic one interview and job offer

Interview Question – Explain how you once helped someone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – slight upward negotiation

Patient Service Specialist Interview

Patient Service Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare.

Interview Details – Received telephone call to set up interview. Very professional and easy to talk with. Everyone at the interview location was very nice and made me feel comfortable. One of the best interviews I've done in a long time.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Temple, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare in October 2013.

Interview Details – Sent my resume over to a recruiter through a mutual acquaintance. Was asked to show up for an all afternoon interview in casual clothes. The experience is similar to what someone already reviewed for the Program Manager position. The first hour is a case study. The next couple of hours involved team exercises and logic games, such as tossing a ball to each other, while silent observers continuously took notes. The competition was fierce with over 20 people ranging from San Antonio, Austin, up through Waco, including a director at a very large company. It was supposed to be enjoyable, but was more stressful then enjoyable. After waiting in a candidates room for 1.5 hrs like an American Idol Hollywood week, three people moved on to the next interview phase.

Interview Question – The whole process was very unusual, as there was no pre-screen interview.   Answer Question

IT Applications Support Analyst Interview

IT Applications Support Analyst

Interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare

Interview Details – There were two interviews total. The first interview was typical in that some generic interview questions were asked, but it also felt very relaxed as we talked a lot about the position itself. I felt very relaxed with the two interviewers. The second interview consisted of presenting some materials. I was provided the outline of what I was to present about 1 week before the second interview. Overall, I felt like both interviews went very well.

Interview Question – I honestly do not feel like there were any unexpected or overly difficult questions. The interviews were very straightforward.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I had another offer for a different job.

Temple, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare in December 2013.

Interview Details – PMO will contact you if you are selected for the next round, a group interview. After the 4 hour process, if you are still in the running you will be asked to stay for a traditional interview. In my group 1 of 19 made it.

Interview Question – As a seasoned PM, I found it very enjoyable. I apparently was not what they where looking for.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Llano, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare in January 2010.

Interview Details – Application process online is tedious, system didn't allow me to upload résumé.
I faxed my résumé to local office (I knew someone who could hand it to the right person), and received a call for interview. Position was offered at interview, and I started immediately.

Interview Question – They seemed to be the typical which job in the past did you like the most, hate the most and why. What are the qualities of your best/worst supervisor. And I remember a really off the wall question that was so bizzare I think I just said I don't know how to answer that. I wish I could remember the exact question now!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, the offer was fair.

Very Easy Interview

Physician Interview

Physician

I applied in-person and interviewed at Scott & White Healthcare.

Interview Details – No interview until after hired. No contract either. However they have changed that process. Written resume seems more important than a face to face interview even today.

Interview Question – No difficult questions or medical related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary based on their formula and not much flexibility there at the time I hired.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Scott & White Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scott & White Healthcare interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Scott & White Healthcare employees and interview candidates.