ScottMadden, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at ScottMadden, Inc.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The first round included an on-campus behavioral interview with two consultants. They chose candidates that evening for second round interviews, which could be done either in their Atlanta or Raleigh office. The second round interviews included several (fairly casual) behavioral interviews with staff/leaders followed by a presentation that the candidate must prepare and deliver to a small panel.

Interview Questions

• If asked to join a project with a new client, what is one of the first things you would do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation around salary, though some possibility to negotiate sign-on/relocation bonuses

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. in October 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round on campus, second round in the office. Second round included three face-to-face interviews and a 20 minute presentation. Most interviews were conversational with behavioral and situational type questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to motivate a team in order to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring/Interview process consisted of me emailing a cover letter with a resume attached to the head of the department I was applying for. After about a month, I was invited for an interview. I interviewed with the head of the department and a senior research analyst. The process took less than an hour and all of the staff were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• If you have to survey 200 employees and only 150 respond, how might you complete the data set?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. (Raleigh, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

I responded to a job ad on their website. I received a call from their Partner in charge of recruiting and had about a 45 minuite phone interview. A few days later, she called back to ask me to come to their office for an in-person interview with 4 different people (one at a time). I traveled to their HQ in Raleigh (at their cost) and had 4 - 1 hr interviews. 3 of the interviewers asked standard interview type questions about my background, experience, why I wanted to work for the company, etc. The fourth had a much different style. He asked me a lot of situational questions about consulting (i.e. think of a time you had a conflict with a team member, how did you resolve it).

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had a conflict with a team member, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult situation you ever had with a client? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. in September 2009.

Interview

For the first round interview, it consisted entirely of behavioral questions with two principles from the firm. Since they are so small, they definitely want to understand why ScottMadden. Expect awkward silences as they switch off between questions. One interviewer was a little cold and hard to read but the other was very friendly.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. (Atlanta, GA) in September 2007.

Interview

The int process at SM takes place over a few weeks and will depend on your status as a recent MBA grad or an exp. hire. For those coming out of the MBA program, you will typically meet informally at an informational presentation. "Cultural fit" is important at SM, so be sure to make the most out of any points of contact. You will then have a panel interview (probably on-campus), and make a presentation in the office if you're called back. The process is outlined on the firm website and it pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....   1 Answer
    • Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

To my knowledge, MBA offers are standard.