ScottMadden, Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring/Interview process consisted of me emailing a cover letter with a resume attached to the head of the department I was applying for. After about a month, I was invited for an interview. I interviewed with the head of the department and a senior research analyst. The process took less than an hour and all of the staff were extremely friendly.

Interview Question – If you have to survey 200 employees and only 150 respond, how might you complete the data set?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. in September 2010.

Interview Details – I responded to a job ad on their website. I received a call from their Partner in charge of recruiting and had about a 45 minuite phone interview. A few days later, she called back to ask me to come to their office for an in-person interview with 4 different people (one at a time). I traveled to their HQ in Raleigh (at their cost) and had 4 - 1 hr interviews. 3 of the interviewers asked standard interview type questions about my background, experience, why I wanted to work for the company, etc. The fourth had a much different style. He asked me a lot of situational questions about consulting (i.e. think of a time you had a conflict with a team member, how did you resolve it).

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had a conflict with a team member, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
  • What is the most difficult situation you ever had with a client? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. in September 2009.

Interview Details – For the first round interview, it consisted entirely of behavioral questions with two principles from the firm. Since they are so small, they definitely want to understand why ScottMadden. Expect awkward silences as they switch off between questions. One interviewer was a little cold and hard to read but the other was very friendly.

Interview Question – Why are you interested ScottMadden?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ScottMadden, Inc. in September 2007.

Interview Details – The int process at SM takes place over a few weeks and will depend on your status as a recent MBA grad or an exp. hire. For those coming out of the MBA program, you will typically meet informally at an informational presentation. "Cultural fit" is important at SM, so be sure to make the most out of any points of contact. You will then have a panel interview (probably on-campus), and make a presentation in the office if you're called back. The process is outlined on the firm website and it pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – To my knowledge, MBA offers are standard.

Worked for ScottMadden, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!