Scottrade

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Back Office Development Intern Interview

Broomfield, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very painful.

First, I got a call from HR...asking for details and explaining about the position and all. (It was like an Informal Interview)

After I agreed for everything (Salary, Internship Length etc), HR set up a formal phone interview where he asked me questions about customer service, about the company..

Later, after few days, HR called me back again and setup a Onsite Interview, where he said it was HR Interview, I went there and HR had a 1:1 interview asking me questions which were little similar to my phone interview related to customer service, and also questions like how you deal with angry customer?, what are the 3 most important skills for customer service etc. (Round 1)

After this, he asked me to wait in the interview room and told me that I will be having a technical Interview next (Surprise !!!). After 5 minutes two people turned up and started asking me every possible technical question they can in (Software Engineering, Testing, Databases, Object Oriented Concepts, Data Structures (Binary Search)). Luckily, I correctly answered around 28 questions out of 30 odd questions that were asked. (The questions were not earth shattering, but they wanted to test if you understood them properly). I went back home after these two Rounds.

Next day, I got a call from HR again asking me to come to onsite again for a next round of Interview somewhere in next week. This time I was Interviewed with two other people (One of them is the Manager), again a mix of technical + HR questions. After the Interview, HR conducted a Skills test which included some basic quantitative analysis questions. When I came out of office, I was really exhausted, but one thing which made me happy was that the HR told me that this is my last round of Interview, and will get the result in a week to 10 days.

After 10 days I haven't heard from him, so I shooted an email asking about the status. A day after, another HR left me an email asking me to come for an other round of interview for onsite. The only reason I went was that I knew I was pretty close to getting an offer, and didn't want all my previous hard work in vain, though her voice mail really pissed me off.

This time, I was Interviewed for 2 Rounds, where the first round was very simple, a database guy asked me 4 questions and walked out of the room. The second round was about Java, it went for around 30 minutes or so. Questions were OK, but I felt they were useless. After the interview was over, I got a feeling that, the entire office is interviewing me, felt like, if I give a chance, they will even ask a janitor to interview me (no offence here).

I came out of office with a feeling that, if these people will call me for another round interview, I am simply gonna show my m****e fi*ger, and tell them that I am no more interested in the job. Few days, after I got a call from HR, Congratulating me , and told that I am selected for the position. Of course, I wasn't excited, he called me again to take the finger printing.

Overall, for a 18$ job and an Internship in an outdated COBOL technology, they took the crap out of me by taking around 6-7 rounds in the span of two months (I believe not even Amazon or Google does this)

Interview Question – Difference between Functional and Non Functional Requirements?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer else where..and I didn't like the Interview Process

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Scottrade

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scottrade Back Office Development Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Scottrade employees and interview candidates.