Scottrade Back Office Development Intern Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Back Office Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Broomfield, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

Interview process was very painful.

First, I got a call from HR...asking for details and explaining about the position and all. (It was like an Informal Interview)

After I agreed for everything (Salary, Internship Length etc), HR set up a formal phone interview where he asked me questions about customer service, about the company..

Later, after few days, HR called me back again and setup a Onsite Interview, where he said it was HR Interview, I went there and HR had a 1:1 interview asking me questions which were little similar to my phone interview related to customer service, and also questions like how you deal with angry customer?, what are the 3 most important skills for customer service etc. (Round 1)

After this, he asked me to wait in the interview room and told me that I will be having a technical Interview next (Surprise !!!). After 5 minutes two people turned up and started asking me every possible technical question they can in (Software Engineering, Testing, Databases, Object Oriented Concepts, Data Structures (Binary Search)). Luckily, I correctly answered around 28 questions out of 30 odd questions that were asked. (The questions were not earth shattering, but they wanted to test if you understood them properly). I went back home after these two Rounds.

Next day, I got a call from HR again asking me to come to onsite again for a next round of Interview somewhere in next week. This time I was Interviewed with two other people (One of them is the Manager), again a mix of technical + HR questions. After the Interview, HR conducted a Skills test which included some basic quantitative analysis questions. When I came out of office, I was really exhausted, but one thing which made me happy was that the HR told me that this is my last round of Interview, and will get the result in a week to 10 days.

After 10 days I haven't heard from him, so I shooted an email asking about the status. A day after, another HR left me an email asking me to come for an other round of interview for onsite. The only reason I went was that I knew I was pretty close to getting an offer, and didn't want all my previous hard work in vain, though her voice mail really pissed me off.

This time, I was Interviewed for 2 Rounds, where the first round was very simple, a database guy asked me 4 questions and walked out of the room. The second round was about Java, it went for around 30 minutes or so. Questions were OK, but I felt they were useless. After the interview was over, I got a feeling that, the entire office is interviewing me, felt like, if I give a chance, they will even ask a janitor to interview me (no offence here).

I came out of office with a feeling that, if these people will call me for another round interview, I am simply gonna show my m****e fi*ger, and tell them that I am no more interested in the job. Few days, after I got a call from HR, Congratulating me , and told that I am selected for the position. Of course, I wasn't excited, he called me again to take the finger printing.

Overall, for a 18$ job and an Internship in an outdated COBOL technology, they took the crap out of me by taking around 6-7 rounds in the span of two months (I believe not even Amazon or Google does this)

Interview Questions
  • Difference between Functional and Non Functional Requirements?   Answer Question

Better offer else where..and I didn't like the Interview Process

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!