Scottrade

Scottrade Branch Intern Interview Questions

2.6

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Submitted my application online and received an email from the HR department aprox. 3-4 weeks later, to schedule a phone interview. The HR spokesman who phone interviewed me was very pleasent and easy to talk to while still very professional. Lasted about 12-15 mins. Asked 5 "name a time" questions. Not very hard questions.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time where teamwork proved to be valuable.   Answer Question

Great environment and great people, just was lucky enough to receive a better offer at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Scottrade

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade.

The process of hiring is lengthy, but smooth. Just like the others mentioned, there are typically two interviews: a behavioral interview, given over the phone with the corporate trainer, and the actual interview with the branch manager. The questions are easy, nothing out of the ordinary, really; but then again, it depends on your branch manager's interviewing abilities.

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview a week later. A few days after the phone interview, I was invited to a branch interview. Offered position later that day

none

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scottrade.

Applied online through indeed.com. Then I got an HR phone call, and an interview. Following that I had an interview with the branch manager and was called later that day with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • None. Super basic questions, nothing unexpected. Why Scottrade, career plan, etc etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in January 2014.

I applied online and submitted a resume and cover letter. Received a call from a recruiter in St. Louis who asked behavioral questions and asked what my future aspirations were. The recruiter then let me know that he wanted to schedule a in office interview. A week later I had an interview with the branch manger and two investment consultants. They asked basic finance questions regarding the stock market and had me take a short skills test. One week later I got a call saying I got the job, and that they would begin the background check. Somewhat of a long process but well worth the wait.

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to our office?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What the did S&P 500 close at yesterday?

Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable
    $10.50

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

First step is a phone interview with HR. The next step is an interview with branch manager. After the interview, you have to take a couple of tests (skills, analytic, ie.). Accepted the position had to do a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe in mistakes or perfection the first time around?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

interviewed at Scottrade in August 2012.

Got a call from a Recruiter from MO. Had to try several times to finally get a phone interview down. Pretty generic work back-ground questions. Two weeks of hearing nothing, I receive an interview invite at the branch. Came in and had two sets of interviews. Asked more about my resume and experiences, what i was expecting out of the job, and why i wanted to work there. A Pretty simple and relaxed-environment type interview. A week later I was asked to perform a few assessments on customer service, team work and detail orientation. They were pretty simple

Non negotiable 10.50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

The phone interview asked a few basic interview questions, it was an HR person from their HQ in MO, I heard back 2 weeks later to schedule an interview with my local branch near my school. The questions are based on customer service and prior experiences that you have to describe.

Non-negotiable $10.50 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in May 2011.

Started with a brief phone interview which led to a 1:1 interview at the branch office. This was kind of awkward because it took place right in the office where the other employees were working and customers were being helped. Regardless, it was a friendly/typical interview that included a simple skills/competency test. Also had the chance to speak with the current intern and ask any questions I may have.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with our online trading platform?   View Answer

Better offer elsewhere

Branch Intern Interview

started with a basic phone interview. was told by the end of the interview that they would like to set up an interview at the branch. branch interview was even more laid back. the two employees basically just ask me a couple of questions then wanted to know if I had an questions

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience dealing with an angry customer?   Answer Question