Scottrade

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview a week later. A few days after the phone interview, I was invited to a branch interview. Offered position later that day

Interview Question – no hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – Applied online through indeed.com. Then I got an HR phone call, and an interview. Following that I had an interview with the branch manager and was called later that day with the offer.

Interview Question – None. Super basic questions, nothing unexpected. Why Scottrade, career plan, etc etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and submitted a resume and cover letter. Received a call from a recruiter in St. Louis who asked behavioral questions and asked what my future aspirations were. The recruiter then let me know that he wanted to schedule a in office interview. A week later I had an interview with the branch manger and two investment consultants. They asked basic finance questions regarding the stock market and had me take a short skills test. One week later I got a call saying I got the job, and that they would begin the background check. Somewhat of a long process but well worth the wait.

Interview Question – What can you contribute to our office?
Why do you want to work here?
What the did S&P 500 close at yesterday?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable
$10.50

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – First step is a phone interview with HR. The next step is an interview with branch manager. After the interview, you have to take a couple of tests (skills, analytic, ie.). Accepted the position had to do a background check.

Interview Question – Do you believe in mistakes or perfection the first time around?   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I interviewed at Scottrade in August 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from a Recruiter from MO. Had to try several times to finally get a phone interview down. Pretty generic work back-ground questions. Two weeks of hearing nothing, I receive an interview invite at the branch. Came in and had two sets of interviews. Asked more about my resume and experiences, what i was expecting out of the job, and why i wanted to work there. A Pretty simple and relaxed-environment type interview. A week later I was asked to perform a few assessments on customer service, team work and detail orientation. They were pretty simple

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at scottrade   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable 10.50.

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview asked a few basic interview questions, it was an HR person from their HQ in MO, I heard back 2 weeks later to schedule an interview with my local branch near my school. The questions are based on customer service and prior experiences that you have to describe.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Scotttrade?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable $10.50 an hour

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in May 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a brief phone interview which led to a 1:1 interview at the branch office. This was kind of awkward because it took place right in the office where the other employees were working and customers were being helped. Regardless, it was a friendly/typical interview that included a simple skills/competency test. Also had the chance to speak with the current intern and ask any questions I may have.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with our online trading platform?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Interviewed at Scottrade

Interview Details – started with a basic phone interview. was told by the end of the interview that they would like to set up an interview at the branch. branch interview was even more laid back. the two employees basically just ask me a couple of questions then wanted to know if I had an questions

Interview Question – Do you have any experience dealing with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Branch Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2011.

Interview Details – ask the same questions you can find on other comments, such as what was the best thing for u during last work?

Interview Question – what was the best thing from ur last work   View Answer

Branch Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in June 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online at Scottrade.com. I was then called by a recruiter for a phone interview. She then followed up with me a few days later asking if I would be interested in an interview with the Branch Manager. After that interview I had to wait another two weeks for an offer.

Interview Question – There were a lot of customer service questions:
When was a time that you had to work with a difficult customer? What was your method?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All terms were already set so there was no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scottrade

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scottrade Branch Intern interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Scottrade employees and interview candidates.