Scottrade

2.5

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Applied for the position online through my University's job board in Early November 2008. I got an email from their HR coordinator 2 weeks later and had a short phone interview with her the next day in which she setup an interview with the Branch manager I would be working for, scheduled for the following week.

The interview was scheduled pretty early in the morning before any clients came in. I spent probably 20 minutes talking to the Manager about my background, previous work experience, and college degree. I was pursuing a degree in Economics, and they preferred to consider people with degrees in Finance, economics, and business. After the interview, he had me sit at one of the computers and take a personality test asking questions about how I would respond to certain situations. It was pretty obvious which answers they were looking for, so don't stress out too much about the personality test.

I got a call a week later from HR the next day wanting me to submit my references to them online, in which each reference will be sent an email asking to fill out a short survey about you. A week later HR called again saying the branch manager would like to offer me a position, which I gladly accepted. I needed to go and have my fingerprints taken and bring back to the branch office to be submitted to their HR department which is located in St. Louis. After that cleared they setup my start date. I started a week later just before Christmas.

Interview Questions
  • As an intern you will be required to interact with the clients first before anyone else, and the job requires a lot of explanation about how the account setup and website management works to clients. During the interview, the branch manager asked me to explain step by step how to navigate to clear the cash and cookie on internet explorer.   Answer Question
No negotiation for internship positions. When I worked there they started interns at $11 per hour, with 5% raises every 6 months.

Other Interview Reviews for Scottrade

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

First contacted by a HR rep within a day of applying online. She e-mailed me the next day asking to schedule a 30-45 minute phone interview. I talked to her for only 15 minutes though. She briefly went over the position requirements and hourly wage ($11/hr) then went into the behavioral questions. I wasn't expecting this because it was only the initial interview, but I was able to generate good answers. At the end, she told me we were going to move forward with the process based on my responses to her questions. She asked my availability for an in-person interview the next week with the branch manager. She didn't respond for a few days so I eventually contacted her asking about the interview, considering one of the days I said I was available had already passed. She then set up the interview the day after I contacted her.

Not applicable for interns

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade.

Phone screening followed by an interview at the branch.

Intern Interview

application online and phone interview and interview with HR and then interview with managers in specific department, and then some tests based on the job you applied.

Interview Questions
    • If one employee is your manager's relative, and this employee happened to be not on time at all, arrive late and leave early, and you are the supervisor, what ar eyou gonna do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in March 2013.

Initial emails to establish basic information, then very quick phone interview (less than 10 minutes). About 2 weeks before call for interviews. Meet with very cheery recruiting staff for about 1 hour, then another hour with department manager, possible quick (less than 10 minutes) interviews with other senior members of department are possible. Then testing, possible customer service role-play, and final debriefing with recruiter. If hired, there is a 2-day/16 hour on-boarding experience that is standardized for all employees. HR/On-boarding/Recruitment tend to be happy and helpful people but actual departments do not exhibit the same enthusiasm.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel you are motivated more by your successes or your failures?   Answer Question
    Almost no negotiation. Offered a much lower hourly rate than my previous position. Had to negotiate strongly and even float possibility of not accepting the internship just to be even with previous position's low rate.

Intern Interview

Had only two interviews, one over the phone and another in person with the branch manager. They do want to speak with a professional reference and it is a requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you didn't see eye-to-eye with somebody you were working with and how did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Submit resume online; wait and hope they call you for a phone interview. If you sound interested in the stock market and intelligent, you will get an interview with the branch manager. He/she will sit you down in the branch for about an hour, ask typical interview questions, and if you're the best of the 3 interviewed (yes, only 3 will be interviewed), you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Scottrade?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade in January 2013.

The process first starts with a phone interview and then you get an interview with the branch manager. The phone interview was a little more intense but once you go in the office the interview questions aren't bad. They are most like ''name me a time when...'' ''what would you do if...''

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade.

I received a call about two weeks after applying from corporate. She asked me basic questions about school, my current GPA, etc., and then scheduled an in person interview. Basically he asked about previous experience and some situational questions. After that we just talked about the position.

Interview Questions
    The wage is $11/hr, not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in August 2012.

The questions were mostly behavioral questions. Followed by a test taken on a computer to test your personality traits and aptitude.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation as it is set for Interns.