Scottrade

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Consultant Interview

Investment Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had what seemed like 3 phone interviews with them. They were on point and responsive but they mixed and matched the informal and formal route which only made the process longer and more cumbersome. Spoke with the regional manager as well as the branch manager as well as a couple recruiters. They are a growing company that is really at the elementary stage. Unless you are looking to move to St Louis, not a lot of career advancement opportunities in relationship management/sales.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing they put you through is the saleskey. Not that it is difficult, but that it takes a long time and the manager wasn't even sure about how to utilize it effectively.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had better offers with more career advancement potential

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. The HR didn't call me on our appointed time, but she was nice enough to reschedule with me through email. It was unprofessional to "forget" your interview (maybe it was part of the screening process)
She asked questions like Why do you think that you are the best candidate? How do you deal with problems during school? Availability to work etc..

It was clear whether you get the job or not, they sent me an email after 2 days.

Interview Questions

Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the intern position through my school recruiting website. As a sophomore, I didn't think I'd be considered because internships typically are awarded to more advanced students. Nonetheless, a month or so after I applied (unusual wait), I received an email from a recruiter at Scottrade's home office in St. Louis asking when I was available for a phone interview. I did the interview and it probably lasted about a half hour. Within the week, she wanted to set up an interview with the office manager, so I went in and did that with him at the branch. The interview went well and he said he had a couple more interviews and that I could hear something in the next couple of weeks. I got a call back the next day from the recruiter offering me the job. I accepted and had to go through the usual background check process and all that. It would've taken probably two weeks, but I wanted to finish the month at my old job, so it was about a month between the job offer and when I started.

Interview Question – The interview questions came straight from the corporate HR department and there was nothing out of the ordinary. I would just say be prepared with some customer service instances that stand out. Difficult customer, time you went out of your way, etc.   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Investment Consultant

Interviewed at Scottrade

Interview Details – One interview with the branch manager. Phone interview with an HR rep in their home office. One interview with the branch manager. Phone interview with an HR rep in their home office. One interview with the branch manager. Phone interview with an HR rep in their home office.

Branch

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scottrade in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied about two month before i started my summer break. I also called in the HR department to ask about their job opening. Was scheduled a phone interview with the HR recruiter and another face-to-face interview with the branch manager the week later. offered the internship and started working on my second week of my summer break.
PS: The interview will be fairly easy if we get enough preparation. Good luck!

Interview Question – What was one of the difficulties you've overcome from your past working experience, and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Charlotte C H, VA

I interviewed at Scottrade in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR with a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview you are moved on to an interview with the Branch manager. They both ask pretty basic behavioral questions. Questions like, "What would you do if..." or "Name a time when..." It is a pretty relaxed environment, so just try and stay calm.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Branch

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – You begin with the recruiter calling you and scheduling a phone interview. They run on central time and I was in the Pacific Time Zone so they scheduled me for an interview 9 AM their time which one 7 AM my time. ( If Possible ask for a later time if in the west coast) After the phone interview, they will call again to schedule a in-person interview with the manager. Next is the interview with the manager where he has a set a questions. After the interview, it is the waiting game from the recruiter to call you back. If you do get hired, you fill out all your information online before your first day of work.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, they have a set hourly wage for interns.

Senior Web Developer Interview

Senior Web Developer
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Scottrade in June 2013.

Interview Details – As an contractor through recruiting agency, I did have the one on one interview. The interview lasted for 2 hours. HR did interview for 30 minutes. The technical interview lasted for 1 and half hour. The technical interview consisted of questions about the projects worked on and a skills test with code snippets on programming languages, client side languages.

Interview Question – The interview did cover more on Client side language i.e. J Query in particular.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hourly rate was decided by the recruiting agency and I personally did not negotiate with Scottrade.

Internship Interview

Internship
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in May 2014.

Interview Details – I apply online.First you will have a call for schedule usually within one week. And a call for background check and some simple behavior questions. it may cost 30 minus. Remember when they told you that you can ask something. Ask them. The HR is friendly, don't worry about that.

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – easy typical questons, why Scottrade, why do you like this firm, what is your past experience, how long in the industry, fly you to st louis for final interview, interview with ceo, and at least 3 other senior managers

Interview Question – easy   Answer Question

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!