Scottrade

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.7

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade.

easy typical questons, why Scottrade, why do you like this firm, what is your past experience, how long in the industry, fly you to st louis for final interview, interview with ceo, and at least 3 other senior managers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in May 2014.

I apply online.First you will have a call for schedule usually within one week. And a call for background check and some simple behavior questions. it may cost 30 minus. Remember when they told you that you can ask something. Ask them. The HR is friendly, don't worry about that.

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Submitted my application online and received an email from the HR department aprox. 3-4 weeks later, to schedule a phone interview. The HR spokesman who phone interviewed me was very pleasent and easy to talk to while still very professional. Lasted about 12-15 mins. Asked 5 "name a time" questions. Not very hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where teamwork proved to be valuable.   Answer Question

Great environment and great people, just was lucky enough to receive a better offer at the time.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Your first interview will be a phone interview with a recruiter. If that goes well you will interview in person with the recruiter, hiring manager, and maybe someone else from the team. The recruiter will use standard HR questions and will write the entire time. If this goes well you will come back for a second interview with senior leadership and maybe a few more team members. You will also take a standardized test. If this goes well they will send you an email asking for references, process your references, background check, and start processing an offer. I would always counter offer - they are notorious for making low offers - even lower than what you are already making. Do not give in - if they want you they will up their offer.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very standard. The recruiters really like to get into your salary to see if it is possible that you fit into their salary range or would be willing to go down in pay.   Answer Question
    You have to negotiate - salary offers are very low and they try selling you on bonus and benefits.

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade.

The process of hiring is lengthy, but smooth. Just like the others mentioned, there are typically two interviews: a behavioral interview, given over the phone with the corporate trainer, and the actual interview with the branch manager. The questions are easy, nothing out of the ordinary, really; but then again, it depends on your branch manager's interviewing abilities.

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview a week later. A few days after the phone interview, I was invited to a branch interview. Offered position later that day

none

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scottrade.

Applied online through indeed.com. Then I got an HR phone call, and an interview. Following that I had an interview with the branch manager and was called later that day with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • None. Super basic questions, nothing unexpected. Why Scottrade, career plan, etc etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns.

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade.

I submitted a resume and application online. I was then contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. The next step was meeting with Branch Manager. There was a long delay in the process until I was hired two months after the final interview. The background check and reference checking by Checkster took 10 days before I was accepted.

Interview Questions
    My base was based on years of experience.

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in March 2014.

I was contacted from the home office first that they wanted to do a phone interview. I passed that and then we set up a face to face interview. After that - when I made it to the top few, they sent me a backgound check form and checkster to get personal reviews OF ME from my old bosses, peers, and old coworkers. At the interview you start off being asked about 256 questions on your learning style and how you feel towards sales and brokerage/finance items.

Interview Questions
    • I suppose the question that threw me off the most was the few that came from the 256 questions I answered early in the interview. They asked me why I didn't like saying I was in sales...   View Answer
    They wouldn't budge on my salary but given the salaries shown on glassdoor it seems I was up towards to top of the salary scale anyways.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Applied for the position online through my University's job board in Early November 2008. I got an email from their HR coordinator 2 weeks later and had a short phone interview with her the next day in which she setup an interview with the Branch manager I would be working for, scheduled for the following week.

The interview was scheduled pretty early in the morning before any clients came in. I spent probably 20 minutes talking to the Manager about my background, previous work experience, and college degree. I was pursuing a degree in Economics, and they preferred to consider people with degrees in Finance, economics, and business. After the interview, he had me sit at one of the computers and take a personality test asking questions about how I would respond to certain situations. It was pretty obvious which answers they were looking for, so don't stress out too much about the personality test.

I got a call a week later from HR the next day wanting me to submit my references to them online, in which each reference will be sent an email asking to fill out a short survey about you. A week later HR called again saying the branch manager would like to offer me a position, which I gladly accepted. I needed to go and have my fingerprints taken and bring back to the branch office to be submitted to their HR department which is located in St. Louis. After that cleared they setup my start date. I started a week later just before Christmas.

Interview Questions
    • As an intern you will be required to interact with the clients first before anyone else, and the job requires a lot of explanation about how the account setup and website management works to clients. During the interview, the branch manager asked me to explain step by step how to navigate to clear the cash and cookie on internet explorer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship positions. When I worked there they started interns at $11 per hour, with 5% raises every 6 months.