Scottrade Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.7

Branch Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade in June 2014.

I applied about two month before i started my summer break. I also called in the HR department to ask about their job opening. Was scheduled a phone interview with the HR recruiter and another face-to-face interview with the branch manager the week later. offered the internship and started working on my second week of my summer break.
    PS: The interview will be fairly easy if we get enough preparation. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • What was one of the difficulties you've overcome from your past working experience, and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade.

easy typical questons, why Scottrade, why do you like this firm, what is your past experience, how long in the industry, fly you to st louis for final interview, interview with ceo, and at least 3 other senior managers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in May 2014.

I apply online.First you will have a call for schedule usually within one week. And a call for background check and some simple behavior questions. it may cost 30 minus. Remember when they told you that you can ask something. Ask them. The HR is friendly, don't worry about that.

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Submitted my application online and received an email from the HR department aprox. 3-4 weeks later, to schedule a phone interview. The HR spokesman who phone interviewed me was very pleasent and easy to talk to while still very professional. Lasted about 12-15 mins. Asked 5 "name a time" questions. Not very hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where teamwork proved to be valuable.   Answer Question

Great environment and great people, just was lucky enough to receive a better offer at the time.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Your first interview will be a phone interview with a recruiter. If that goes well you will interview in person with the recruiter, hiring manager, and maybe someone else from the team. The recruiter will use standard HR questions and will write the entire time. If this goes well you will come back for a second interview with senior leadership and maybe a few more team members. You will also take a standardized test. If this goes well they will send you an email asking for references, process your references, background check, and start processing an offer. I would always counter offer - they are notorious for making low offers - even lower than what you are already making. Do not give in - if they want you they will up their offer.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very standard. The recruiters really like to get into your salary to see if it is possible that you fit into their salary range or would be willing to go down in pay.   Answer Question
    You have to negotiate - salary offers are very low and they try selling you on bonus and benefits.

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade.

The process of hiring is lengthy, but smooth. Just like the others mentioned, there are typically two interviews: a behavioral interview, given over the phone with the corporate trainer, and the actual interview with the branch manager. The questions are easy, nothing out of the ordinary, really; but then again, it depends on your branch manager's interviewing abilities.

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview a week later. A few days after the phone interview, I was invited to a branch interview. Offered position later that day

none

Branch Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scottrade.

Applied online through indeed.com. Then I got an HR phone call, and an interview. Following that I had an interview with the branch manager and was called later that day with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • None. Super basic questions, nothing unexpected. Why Scottrade, career plan, etc etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns.

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in March 2014.

I was contacted from the home office first that they wanted to do a phone interview. I passed that and then we set up a face to face interview. After that - when I made it to the top few, they sent me a backgound check form and checkster to get personal reviews OF ME from my old bosses, peers, and old coworkers. At the interview you start off being asked about 256 questions on your learning style and how you feel towards sales and brokerage/finance items.

Interview Questions
    • I suppose the question that threw me off the most was the few that came from the 256 questions I answered early in the interview. They asked me why I didn't like saying I was in sales...   View Answer
    They wouldn't budge on my salary but given the salaries shown on glassdoor it seems I was up towards to top of the salary scale anyways.

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade.

I submitted a resume and application online. I was then contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. The next step was meeting with Branch Manager. There was a long delay in the process until I was hired two months after the final interview. The background check and reference checking by Checkster took 10 days before I was accepted.

Interview Questions
    My base was based on years of experience.