Scottrade Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.7

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I had what seemed like 3 phone interviews with them. They were on point and responsive but they mixed and matched the informal and formal route which only made the process longer and more cumbersome. Spoke with the regional manager as well as the branch manager as well as a couple recruiters. They are a growing company that is really at the elementary stage. Unless you are looking to move to St Louis, not a lot of career advancement opportunities in relationship management/sales.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing they put you through is the saleskey. Not that it is difficult, but that it takes a long time and the manager wasn't even sure about how to utilize it effectively.   Answer Question

Had better offers with more career advancement potential

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade (Oak Brook, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

The first interview was by phone. A company calls you and asks standardized questions like "Why do you want to work for Scottrade?". If you successfully pass this part you get to go to the branch and interview with the branch manager. At the branch you get to take a personality test via computer. When you are done you get to interview with the branch manager. He basically has a two page list of questions he goes through and fills in your answers in the blank spaces. The next step in the process would be to have a phone interview with the district manager, then a possible job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is needs based sales?   1 Answer

Branch Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade in June 2014.

Interview

I applied about two month before i started my summer break. I also called in the HR department to ask about their job opening. Was scheduled a phone interview with the HR recruiter and another face-to-face interview with the branch manager the week later. offered the internship and started working on my second week of my summer break.
    PS: The interview will be fairly easy if we get enough preparation. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What was one of the difficulties you've overcome from your past working experience, and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

easy typical questons, why Scottrade, why do you like this firm, what is your past experience, how long in the industry, fly you to st louis for final interview, interview with ceo, and at least 3 other senior managers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I apply online.First you will have a call for schedule usually within one week. And a call for background check and some simple behavior questions. it may cost 30 minus. Remember when they told you that you can ask something. Ask them. The HR is friendly, don't worry about that.

Branch Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Submitted my application online and received an email from the HR department aprox. 3-4 weeks later, to schedule a phone interview. The HR spokesman who phone interviewed me was very pleasent and easy to talk to while still very professional. Lasted about 12-15 mins. Asked 5 "name a time" questions. Not very hard questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where teamwork proved to be valuable.   Answer Question

Great environment and great people, just was lucky enough to receive a better offer at the time.

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Your first interview will be a phone interview with a recruiter. If that goes well you will interview in person with the recruiter, hiring manager, and maybe someone else from the team. The recruiter will use standard HR questions and will write the entire time. If this goes well you will come back for a second interview with senior leadership and maybe a few more team members. You will also take a standardized test. If this goes well they will send you an email asking for references, process your references, background check, and start processing an offer. I would always counter offer - they are notorious for making low offers - even lower than what you are already making. Do not give in - if they want you they will up their offer.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very standard. The recruiters really like to get into your salary to see if it is possible that you fit into their salary range or would be willing to go down in pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have to negotiate - salary offers are very low and they try selling you on bonus and benefits.

Branch Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

The process of hiring is lengthy, but smooth. Just like the others mentioned, there are typically two interviews: a behavioral interview, given over the phone with the corporate trainer, and the actual interview with the branch manager. The questions are easy, nothing out of the ordinary, really; but then again, it depends on your branch manager's interviewing abilities.

Branch Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview a week later. A few days after the phone interview, I was invited to a branch interview. Offered position later that day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Branch Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. Then I got an HR phone call, and an interview. Following that I had an interview with the branch manager and was called later that day with the offer.

Interview Questions

• None. Super basic questions, nothing unexpected. Why Scottrade, career plan, etc etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns.