Scottrade Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.7

Branch Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email about a week later to set up a phone interview with the main office in saint louis. It was a really quick interview only took about 20 minutes. They go over the basics of the internship and the pay then ask you 3 STAR interview questions (tell me a time when) really friendly though. After about a week and a half I got an email to set up an interview with the branch manager who was extremely laid back with me. I thought he was trying to throw me off guard, but I learned that's how they operate they're very laid back and friendly. Got a phone call 2 weeks after my branch interview from Saint Louis and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had to stop unethical behavior?   Answer Question

Branch Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

You first start off with a phone interview with a recruiter. The phonecall was very basic, far from technical. It lasted approximately 30 minutes. If they wish to proceed, an interview will be scheduled within the next two weeks. I went in for my interview and had to wait while my interviewer finished what he was doing at the time (yawn). The interview was not at all a conversation, just question after question (Tell me a time where you had to...give an example of a time...). Luckily, I got hired at a better company with friendlier employees. Scottrade didn't even have the decency to follow up about the status of my interview.

Branch Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

A very laid back process. Phone interview, then interview with branch manager. Recruiters are very friendly, and managers are very down to earth. Was not stressful at all. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had difficulties in the workplace and how you overcame these/this difficulty.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

Was disjointed was with i-partners in St Louis, by the way do not use them. I was told I would need to cover the expenses, but then was told Scottrade would cover it. By the way I have yet to see any travel expense covered from them.

Weak leadership

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

I interviewed prior to the change to the sales culture, so the interview was pretty easy. I think now it revolves more around sales experience and process. Expect to be asked the same questions, like Tell me about your self and past sales experience. I think now they make you take a personality test, called Sales Key.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The HR didn't call me on our appointed time, but she was nice enough to reschedule with me through email. It was unprofessional to "forget" your interview (maybe it was part of the screening process)
    She asked questions like Why do you think that you are the best candidate? How do you deal with problems during school? Availability to work etc..

It was clear whether you get the job or not, they sent me an email after 2 days.

Hyperion Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Scottrade in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted through external recruiter. Completely transparent with my experience. Scottrade requested a phone interview. During the interview they wanted to know my availability for the following week to have a 1:1 interview. They said they would follow up at end of the week. They did follow up but decided I didn't have the experience required. I still believe that Scottrade may be an awesome company.

Investment Consultant Interview

Interview

One interview with the branch manager. Phone interview with an HR rep in their home office. One interview with the branch manager. Phone interview with an HR rep in their home office. One interview with the branch manager. Phone interview with an HR rep in their home office.

Branch Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Interview

You begin with the recruiter calling you and scheduling a phone interview. They run on central time and I was in the Pacific Time Zone so they scheduled me for an interview 9 AM their time which one 7 AM my time. ( If Possible ask for a later time if in the west coast) After the phone interview, they will call again to schedule a in-person interview with the manager. Next is the interview with the manager where he has a set a questions. After the interview, it is the waiting game from the recruiter to call you back. If you do get hired, you fill out all your information online before your first day of work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, they have a set hourly wage for interns.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I had what seemed like 3 phone interviews with them. They were on point and responsive but they mixed and matched the informal and formal route which only made the process longer and more cumbersome. Spoke with the regional manager as well as the branch manager as well as a couple recruiters. They are a growing company that is really at the elementary stage. Unless you are looking to move to St Louis, not a lot of career advancement opportunities in relationship management/sales.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing they put you through is the saleskey. Not that it is difficult, but that it takes a long time and the manager wasn't even sure about how to utilize it effectively.   Answer Question

Had better offers with more career advancement potential