Scottrade Interview Questions

2.7

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade.

HR reps are typical of most companies. Their job is to recruit, so they have all sorts of fluff and bull that they try to feed you, but they lack a comprehensive understanding of the positions that they are attempting to recruit for. They are incredibly slow to fill a position, even when there is an immediate need to fill the job and qualified applicants seeking the position. The interviews are scripted, and the HR reps and managers never stray from the script.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are incredibly basic. None are challenging.   Answer Question
    The HR reps have a grid that they are not allowed to think outside of. If they have made you an offer, it's because they want you. You will not be competing against a line of applications, so if you accept the job, let them know up front that you know Scottrade pays below the industry average for all positions and that if you are going to work for them, that they are going to have to meet your demands for a salary, not the other way around. Spend time researching what pay scale someone with your experience gets paid at other firms so that you have real numbers to back up your salary demands. This company feels their way through everything, but does not think their way through it. If you know what you should be paid and are not just guessing, you will have the upper hand in the negotiation phase.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in November 2013.

There were no technical questions. All questions centered around soft skills. I felt very comfortable talking with my interviewers. Although, the nature of the questions made me nervous about stepping into a role that may have serious interpersonal problems once I arrive. Everyone was very nice however. Everyone raved about the dedication of the employees and the work-life balance. That was tempered by questions about how I felt about working overtime. I had good feelings about the people but was unsure about how my role would have been supported by the business and felt it wasn't the right time for me to move. I asked for 30% more than the top edge of the salary posted for the position as a result.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question... How do you get someone who has had a personal loss (sounded like a death on the team) to regain previous productivity levels. Eek! Again, as a current manager I have dealt with this exact situation but I wouldn't want to step into that situation at a new company right away and have to deal with that.   Answer Question

Service Center Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in October 2013.

I had a short phone interview about two weeks after I applied online. At that point HR rep set up in person interview a week later. Completed a background check authorization online before interview.In person interview included a personality test followed by interview with both HR rep and manager. The following Monday I received an email requesting references. References check was done through Checkster. The following tuesday I received a call offering me the positing contingent on receiving clear fingerprints. Recruiter called a week later telling me my fingerprints were clear, set up start date and was told to notify current employer. Entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior type questions, tell me a time type questions.   Answer Question
    There wasnt any negotiation, I was told my salary when offered the position.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkwood, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkwood, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in October 2013.

Went through a testing period for knowledge over material vital to the job.

Interview Questions
    I was sent a letter detailing salary, benefits,etc.

Asia Pacific Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Had one telephone interview and 2 face to face interviews with the marketing team.

Interview Questions
    • For HR, I had been asked a lot of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Storage Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

The process begins with a 20 minute phone screening. I then was set up with an hour and a half face to face interview. They let me know that there is a chance for a second in person interview, but they would try and just do one.

Service Center Stockbroker Interview

Very straight forward process. It first starts with a 15 minutes phone interview; then a face-to-face interview that simulates a service center call and personality type test that is used to later see what your strengths and weaknesses are. This is to help you deal with customers based on a program that is later used in training.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Just be ready for standard questions describing your interactions with customers in the past or how you deal with conflict.   Answer Question
    It is non-negotiable if you do not have your required licenses.

Stockbroker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

First is a phone interview with a HR rep. then about a week later you get a second person to person interview with the hiring manager. Its only two interviews total

Interview Questions
    • questions are basic, mostly asking about your past positions and how they relate to the one your applying for.   Answer Question

Scottrade Stockbroker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

Short interview with personality questions followed by a written test over basic market terms and practices.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade.

Phone screening followed by an interview at the branch.