Scottrade

Average Difficulty
144 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview. They were polite and very flexible to my schedule. Will ask why you want to work at Scottrade and do you learn from your successes or failures.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Stock Broker Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – Phone interview took about 20 minutes asking basic tell me a time questions and if was available to work weekends then set up in person interview. In person interview sat down with same HR person as phone, then took 2 tests, one more personality oriented, the second a test of typing speed and accuracy related to listening to phone calls. Then had fallow up interview with two supervisors basically filling out packet of questions they have to ask.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to make a quick decision in the workplace and what were the results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, background test and then talk about start date

Interviewed at Scottrade

Interview Details – application online and phone interview and interview with HR and then interview with managers in specific department, and then some tests based on the job you applied.

Interview Question – If one employee is your manager's relative, and this employee happened to be not on time at all, arrive late and leave early, and you are the supervisor, what ar eyou gonna do   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Branch Job Interview

Branch Job
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – Scottrade will hire just about anyone just do not inquire about compensation or benefits. The benefits are more of a smoke screen, offered but they are not really able to provide them when they are actually needed.(Back to that family feel, you know when your the step child)

Interview Question – No value adding questions, for the most part they pitch the "Family business", primarily as an excuse to avoid actions taken against them publicly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation promised was never received, only excuses to cover up incompetent leadership at the highest level. When bad investments were made by the individual who inherited the company these were charged against the hard work the employees did. I was forewarned that it was a p*ss poor salary but the bonuses would be a substantial component of my compensation. I learned my lesson, this is far from an honest company and I will only refer to it as a job. I look forward to what I an take away from this company and the good that I can bring to others from my experience.

Branch Intern Interview

Branch Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – First step is a phone interview with HR. The next step is an interview with branch manager. After the interview, you have to take a couple of tests (skills, analytic, ie.). Accepted the position had to do a background check.

Interview Question – Do you believe in mistakes or perfection the first time around?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Scottrade

Interview Details – Had only two interviews, one over the phone and another in person with the branch manager. They do want to speak with a professional reference and it is a requirement.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you didn't see eye-to-eye with somebody you were working with and how did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Scottrade in January 2013.

Interview Details – The process first starts with a phone interview and then you get an interview with the branch manager. The phone interview was a little more intense but once you go in the office the interview questions aren't bad. They are most like ''name me a time when...'' ''what would you do if...''

Interview Question – How do you prioritize your time?   Answer Question

New Account Associate Interview

New Account Associate
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in January 2013.

Interview Details – this is a position at Scottrade, Inc. Asia Pacific Department Saint Louis, MO
New Account Associate and Bilingual Customer Representative, they ask me how to do providing general customer services, such as handling incoming calls, mails and e-mails, following up with international clients for new applications, and setting up new accounts. Reviewing leads and conducting lead calls.
I said I can do it.

Interview Question – how do processing bank and brokerage documents and supporting international account maintenance processes.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – sell high, buy low, you know what I mean

Check Writing/Money Direct Associate Interview

Check Writing/Money Direct Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty standard, they ask a lot of personal questions (hobbies, interests, what can you bring to the company). You first interview with someone in HR, then you interview with either a supervisor or manager of the department of the position you're applying for (sometimes you'll meet with both).

Interview Question – Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Storage Engineer Interview

Storage Engineer
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process took exactly 1 month from the first contact from their internal recruiter to receiving my official offer letter. The process consisted of an initial call from one of their internal recruiter, a face to face with the internal recruiter, face to face with hiring manager and storage team, tech screening call administered by Derrico and finally fingerprints / background check. The timeframe from face to face interview to an offer being made was a little under 2 weeks.

Interview Question – I felt that the questions I had the most trouble answering were the typical HR situation based questions regarding how I handled different situations or scenarios. It's hard to remember multiple specific examples which fit the question being asked, I had no issues answering the technical questions from both the hiring manager and team or the technical screening call.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As they made an offer at the top of my requested salary range, I didn't feel I had any place trying to push for a higher number. I did make a request for additional vacation but was told that although they could ask on my behalf, they'd made requests before for new hires in much more senior positions and had been told no. At that point I made the decision that I wasn't going to walk away based on the vacation so accepted their offer with no changes.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scottrade