Scottrade

Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade.

I received a call about two weeks after applying from corporate. She asked me basic questions about school, my current GPA, etc., and then scheduled an in person interview. Basically he asked about previous experience and some situational questions. After that we just talked about the position.

Interview Questions
    The wage is $11/hr, not negotiable.

Server Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

(2) interviews in total. First was a phone screening, then an in person interview. Then there was an over the phone skills exam where a 3rd party asked a series of questions relevant to the position. Final offer was presented over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • none really. It was all pretty standard server admin stuff   Answer Question
    I was pressed to reveal my bottom line and then they offered exactly that but promised bonuses would make up for it. --- the bonus has been less and less each quarter I've been here

Branch Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

interviewed at Scottrade in August 2012.

Got a call from a Recruiter from MO. Had to try several times to finally get a phone interview down. Pretty generic work back-ground questions. Two weeks of hearing nothing, I receive an interview invite at the branch. Came in and had two sets of interviews. Asked more about my resume and experiences, what i was expecting out of the job, and why i wanted to work there. A Pretty simple and relaxed-environment type interview. A week later I was asked to perform a few assessments on customer service, team work and detail orientation. They were pretty simple

Non negotiable 10.50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in August 2012.

The questions were mostly behavioral questions. Followed by a test taken on a computer to test your personality traits and aptitude.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation as it is set for Interns.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in June 2012.

Submitted a resume online and was later E-mailed by the company's HR director. A phone interview was set up with the HR director. She asked questions such as related work experience, a situation where you had to provide customer service etc. The interviewer was efficient and pleasant to speak with. Afterwards, I was contacted in order to set up a meeting with the local branch manager. The branch manager asked questions about the company history and asked me to provide some facts about the company. Lastly there was a test on the computer to see how you would handle a certain situation with a customer or a co-worker. There were basically no technical questions in any part of the interviews. It has much to do with providing customer service to the customers.

Interview Questions
    • One time when you were faced with a moral dilemma and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade in June 2012.

First a 15 minute phone interview. Next an in-person interview with Branch Manager. Process took a long time from application to first day of work; approximately 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing surprising. The firm is focused on customer service, hence much of the process spent evaluating people skills.   Answer Question

Back Office Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

Interview process was very painful.

First, I got a call from HR...asking for details and explaining about the position and all. (It was like an Informal Interview)

After I agreed for everything (Salary, Internship Length etc), HR set up a formal phone interview where he asked me questions about customer service, about the company..

Later, after few days, HR called me back again and setup a Onsite Interview, where he said it was HR Interview, I went there and HR had a 1:1 interview asking me questions which were little similar to my phone interview related to customer service, and also questions like how you deal with angry customer?, what are the 3 most important skills for customer service etc. (Round 1)

After this, he asked me to wait in the interview room and told me that I will be having a technical Interview next (Surprise !!!). After 5 minutes two people turned up and started asking me every possible technical question they can in (Software Engineering, Testing, Databases, Object Oriented Concepts, Data Structures (Binary Search)). Luckily, I correctly answered around 28 questions out of 30 odd questions that were asked. (The questions were not earth shattering, but they wanted to test if you understood them properly). I went back home after these two Rounds.

Next day, I got a call from HR again asking me to come to onsite again for a next round of Interview somewhere in next week. This time I was Interviewed with two other people (One of them is the Manager), again a mix of technical + HR questions. After the Interview, HR conducted a Skills test which included some basic quantitative analysis questions. When I came out of office, I was really exhausted, but one thing which made me happy was that the HR told me that this is my last round of Interview, and will get the result in a week to 10 days.

After 10 days I haven't heard from him, so I shooted an email asking about the status. A day after, another HR left me an email asking me to come for an other round of interview for onsite. The only reason I went was that I knew I was pretty close to getting an offer, and didn't want all my previous hard work in vain, though her voice mail really pissed me off.

This time, I was Interviewed for 2 Rounds, where the first round was very simple, a database guy asked me 4 questions and walked out of the room. The second round was about Java, it went for around 30 minutes or so. Questions were OK, but I felt they were useless. After the interview was over, I got a feeling that, the entire office is interviewing me, felt like, if I give a chance, they will even ask a janitor to interview me (no offence here).

I came out of office with a feeling that, if these people will call me for another round interview, I am simply gonna show my m****e fi*ger, and tell them that I am no more interested in the job. Few days, after I got a call from HR, Congratulating me , and told that I am selected for the position. Of course, I wasn't excited, he called me again to take the finger printing.

Overall, for a 18$ job and an Internship in an outdated COBOL technology, they took the crap out of me by taking around 6-7 rounds in the span of two months (I believe not even Amazon or Google does this)

Interview Questions
    • Difference between Functional and Non Functional Requirements?   Answer Question

Better offer else where..and I didn't like the Interview Process

Branch Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

The phone interview asked a few basic interview questions, it was an HR person from their HQ in MO, I heard back 2 weeks later to schedule an interview with my local branch near my school. The questions are based on customer service and prior experiences that you have to describe.

Non-negotiable $10.50 an hour

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

Got cold called and asked a few HR questions, took about 5 minutes. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview with my department for the next week. The phone interview had two parts, one with the recruiter which extended the first call and the other with a few members of my department. It lasted about 60 minutes and was pleasant. They used an online reference checking site that had references rate you numerically. Once offered the job, they sent fingerprint cards to file with FINRA and that was it. A 3 week process in total.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you helped a team succeed... Tell me about a time when [insert broad question here]. There were about ten of such questions.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate, was told the salary in the first phase in fact.

Stockbroker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in March 2012.

standard situation type questions. "Tell me about a time"