Scottrade

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.7

New Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in January 2013.

this is a position at Scottrade, Inc. Asia Pacific Department Saint Louis, MO
    New Account Associate and Bilingual Customer Representative, they ask me how to do providing general customer services, such as handling incoming calls, mails and e-mails, following up with international clients for new applications, and setting up new accounts. Reviewing leads and conducting lead calls.
    I said I can do it.

Interview Questions
    • how do processing bank and brokerage documents and supporting international account maintenance processes.   View Answer
    sell high, buy low, you know what I mean

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade in January 2013.

The process first starts with a phone interview and then you get an interview with the branch manager. The phone interview was a little more intense but once you go in the office the interview questions aren't bad. They are most like ''name me a time when...'' ''what would you do if...''

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in December 2012.

Multiple interviews with HR via phone and then in-person; multiple visits to HQ to visit with a large fraction of the executive committee

Interview Questions
    • what would you do in the 1st 100 days?   View Answer
    A range was thrown out at the very beginning phone interview stage and I was asked whether I could accept in that range

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade.

2 phone screen and on site. Met the worst recruiter ever! Very unprofessional and arrogant. Never kept his words. Very disappointed with the experience! A WASTE of my time!
    Technical guys are so so, general questions, nothing too difficult.
    I heard many top technical guys left Scottrade, now I see the reason. Show some respect to the interviewees! I cannot imagine how they treat current employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Scottrade.

I received a call about two weeks after applying from corporate. She asked me basic questions about school, my current GPA, etc., and then scheduled an in person interview. Basically he asked about previous experience and some situational questions. After that we just talked about the position.

Interview Questions
    The wage is $11/hr, not negotiable.

Server Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

(2) interviews in total. First was a phone screening, then an in person interview. Then there was an over the phone skills exam where a 3rd party asked a series of questions relevant to the position. Final offer was presented over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • none really. It was all pretty standard server admin stuff   Answer Question
    I was pressed to reveal my bottom line and then they offered exactly that but promised bonuses would make up for it. --- the bonus has been less and less each quarter I've been here

Branch Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

interviewed at Scottrade in August 2012.

Got a call from a Recruiter from MO. Had to try several times to finally get a phone interview down. Pretty generic work back-ground questions. Two weeks of hearing nothing, I receive an interview invite at the branch. Came in and had two sets of interviews. Asked more about my resume and experiences, what i was expecting out of the job, and why i wanted to work there. A Pretty simple and relaxed-environment type interview. A week later I was asked to perform a few assessments on customer service, team work and detail orientation. They were pretty simple

Non negotiable 10.50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in August 2012.

The questions were mostly behavioral questions. Followed by a test taken on a computer to test your personality traits and aptitude.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation as it is set for Interns.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in June 2012.

Submitted a resume online and was later E-mailed by the company's HR director. A phone interview was set up with the HR director. She asked questions such as related work experience, a situation where you had to provide customer service etc. The interviewer was efficient and pleasant to speak with. Afterwards, I was contacted in order to set up a meeting with the local branch manager. The branch manager asked questions about the company history and asked me to provide some facts about the company. Lastly there was a test on the computer to see how you would handle a certain situation with a customer or a co-worker. There were basically no technical questions in any part of the interviews. It has much to do with providing customer service to the customers.

Interview Questions
    • One time when you were faced with a moral dilemma and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Scottrade in June 2012.

First a 15 minute phone interview. Next an in-person interview with Branch Manager. Process took a long time from application to first day of work; approximately 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing surprising. The firm is focused on customer service, hence much of the process spent evaluating people skills.   Answer Question