Scottrade Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade.

Submit resume online; wait and hope they call you for a phone interview. If you sound interested in the stock market and intelligent, you will get an interview with the branch manager. He/she will sit you down in the branch for about an hour, ask typical interview questions, and if you're the best of the 3 interviewed (yes, only 3 will be interviewed), you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Scottrade?   View Answer

Stockbroker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in March 2012.

standard situation type questions. "Tell me about a time"

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Scottrade.

2 phone screen and on site. Met the worst recruiter ever! Very unprofessional and arrogant. Never kept his words. Very disappointed with the experience! A WASTE of my time!
    Technical guys are so so, general questions, nothing too difficult.
    I heard many top technical guys left Scottrade, now I see the reason. Show some respect to the interviewees! I cannot imagine how they treat current employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mequon, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mequon, WI

interviewed at Scottrade in February 2009.

Phone call with HR after online apply. In person interview with online assesment.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most difficult challenge?   View Answer
    NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Scottrade.

I received a call about two weeks after applying from corporate. She asked me basic questions about school, my current GPA, etc., and then scheduled an in person interview. Basically he asked about previous experience and some situational questions. After that we just talked about the position.

Interview Questions
    The wage is $11/hr, not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in August 2011.

The hiring and interview process consisted of a phone interview and a 1 on 1 in person interview at the branch conducted by the branch manager. Most of the questions were very general, and none were very technical. For the most part the questions dealt with the applicants experience speaking with clients, and his course work.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you let down your teammates in an internship or class project   Answer Question
    none

Branch Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

interviewed at Scottrade in August 2012.

Got a call from a Recruiter from MO. Had to try several times to finally get a phone interview down. Pretty generic work back-ground questions. Two weeks of hearing nothing, I receive an interview invite at the branch. Came in and had two sets of interviews. Asked more about my resume and experiences, what i was expecting out of the job, and why i wanted to work there. A Pretty simple and relaxed-environment type interview. A week later I was asked to perform a few assessments on customer service, team work and detail orientation. They were pretty simple

Non negotiable 10.50.

Server Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Scottrade.

(2) interviews in total. First was a phone screening, then an in person interview. Then there was an over the phone skills exam where a 3rd party asked a series of questions relevant to the position. Final offer was presented over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • none really. It was all pretty standard server admin stuff   Answer Question
    I was pressed to reveal my bottom line and then they offered exactly that but promised bonuses would make up for it. --- the bonus has been less and less each quarter I've been here

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in September 2011.

I submitted resume through their website. I received a call shortly after and scheduled a phone interview. They asked basic HR questions. I then received a call for an in person interview. Interviewer asked basic questions and then I took a basic math test that was timed. He then said he would let me know. Never heard back.

Back Office Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

Interview process was very painful.

First, I got a call from HR...asking for details and explaining about the position and all. (It was like an Informal Interview)

After I agreed for everything (Salary, Internship Length etc), HR set up a formal phone interview where he asked me questions about customer service, about the company..

Later, after few days, HR called me back again and setup a Onsite Interview, where he said it was HR Interview, I went there and HR had a 1:1 interview asking me questions which were little similar to my phone interview related to customer service, and also questions like how you deal with angry customer?, what are the 3 most important skills for customer service etc. (Round 1)

After this, he asked me to wait in the interview room and told me that I will be having a technical Interview next (Surprise !!!). After 5 minutes two people turned up and started asking me every possible technical question they can in (Software Engineering, Testing, Databases, Object Oriented Concepts, Data Structures (Binary Search)). Luckily, I correctly answered around 28 questions out of 30 odd questions that were asked. (The questions were not earth shattering, but they wanted to test if you understood them properly). I went back home after these two Rounds.

Next day, I got a call from HR again asking me to come to onsite again for a next round of Interview somewhere in next week. This time I was Interviewed with two other people (One of them is the Manager), again a mix of technical + HR questions. After the Interview, HR conducted a Skills test which included some basic quantitative analysis questions. When I came out of office, I was really exhausted, but one thing which made me happy was that the HR told me that this is my last round of Interview, and will get the result in a week to 10 days.

After 10 days I haven't heard from him, so I shooted an email asking about the status. A day after, another HR left me an email asking me to come for an other round of interview for onsite. The only reason I went was that I knew I was pretty close to getting an offer, and didn't want all my previous hard work in vain, though her voice mail really pissed me off.

This time, I was Interviewed for 2 Rounds, where the first round was very simple, a database guy asked me 4 questions and walked out of the room. The second round was about Java, it went for around 30 minutes or so. Questions were OK, but I felt they were useless. After the interview was over, I got a feeling that, the entire office is interviewing me, felt like, if I give a chance, they will even ask a janitor to interview me (no offence here).

I came out of office with a feeling that, if these people will call me for another round interview, I am simply gonna show my m****e fi*ger, and tell them that I am no more interested in the job. Few days, after I got a call from HR, Congratulating me , and told that I am selected for the position. Of course, I wasn't excited, he called me again to take the finger printing.

Overall, for a 18$ job and an Internship in an outdated COBOL technology, they took the crap out of me by taking around 6-7 rounds in the span of two months (I believe not even Amazon or Google does this)

Interview Questions
    • Difference between Functional and Non Functional Requirements?   Answer Question

Better offer else where..and I didn't like the Interview Process