Scottrade

Getting the Interview

141 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Somers Point, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Scottrade in May 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with a basic phone interview. then moved on to more challenging questions with the face to face.

Interview Question – time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – did not see a lot of room for career growth

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me a couple of days after I applied online. she asked me a couple of questions about my background and past experiences then invited me to come to interview. met with manager more of a conversation than an interview and had to take a skills test on line after. was offered the position a couple of days later.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult Coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – intern position not really negotiable

Very Difficult Interview

Service Center Stockbroker Interview

Service Center Stockbroker
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Scottrade in January 2012.

Interview Details – The entire process with Scottrade was very weird. The recruiter was extremely unprofessional during the initial phone screening and had absolutely no enthusiasm about herself, very monotone. I was given an expectation of 1 week to be contacted for an in person interview, this took 3 weeks instead. They had me submit references (you log into checkster.com and send email invitations to your references and they have to be currently working at a corporation) and I had a very successful( and what I thought was a promising) interview with the manager. After the interview they had me complete an assessment, basically I felt like I was testing for the Series 7 again! Lots of question on options. I was sure I blew it and the recruiter said everyone fails it (so why make people take it?) and she assured me not to worry. She stated the hiring manager was really impressed with me and wanted to confirm my availability. She stated they would be making hiring decisions in a week and a half. I thought I had the job based on the feedback, however 2 weeks later I received a letter in the mail (with my name spelled wrong) that I was not being offered the position.

Interview Question – The 50 question test on options were a big surprise!   Answer Question

Exton, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2010.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a 50 questions series 7 exam, which took me by surprise. I was also asked about what to do if there were multiple clients needing assistance and how i would handle the situation. It was a very laid-back, very friendly environent. This did seem like an excellent place to work, and the hiring manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Scottrade in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was a 15 minute interview in which they asked about my interest in the stock market, as well as reasons for possibly working with Scottrade and how much I know about them. The interviewer seemed very professional and respectful.

Interview Question – Tell me about the current stock market.   Answer Question

Stockton, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in October 2011.

Interview Details – Started out with HR from St. Louis calling for a 30 minute for interview, which than moved on to meeting with the manager of the branch. The interview consisted of going over my resume and getting a feel for the office environment. After interviewing for a couple of hours he had me take a personality test.

Interview Question – What's one thing you could say that would make me want to hire you before you leave?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got a call from HR (corporate) and it turned out to be a phone interview (didn't give me notice ahead of time..) They scheduled my interview with the Branch Manager. I wasn't aware until I arrived at the branch that it was a "Chinese Relations" branch. This was reflected in the tight employee mold which I did not fit. I had to sit down at a computer and do an assessment. The computer glitched and had troubles. The interview was very standard (why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, etc) and it also consisted of A LOT of listening about the company. Very dry, awkward, corporate type setting. No one seemed happy to be there.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Scottrade in March 2010.

Interview Details – First I had an interview over the phone which took about 10 minutes. Then they set up an one on one interview at the branch in Denver. The interview took about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Exton, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Scottrade in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was a great interview process. Many questions about my resume as well as situational questions like when I had to deal with a difficult customer. The interview was very conversational to get an idea of whether or not I would fit into the atmosphere of the branch.

Interview Question – When did you have to deal with a difficult customer and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Scottrade in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by in office interview consisting of situational type questions and two timed skills tests electronically.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scottrade