Scottrade

Average Difficulty
148 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – I received a call about two weeks after applying from corporate. She asked me basic questions about school, my current GPA, etc., and then scheduled an in person interview. Basically he asked about previous experience and some situational questions. After that we just talked about the position.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over anyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The wage is $11/hr, not negotiable.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in August 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process consisted of a phone interview and a 1 on 1 in person interview at the branch conducted by the branch manager. Most of the questions were very general, and none were very technical. For the most part the questions dealt with the applicants experience speaking with clients, and his course work.

Interview Question – Name a time when you let down your teammates in an internship or class project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Branch Intern Interview

Branch Intern
Bellevue, WA

I interviewed at Scottrade in August 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from a Recruiter from MO. Had to try several times to finally get a phone interview down. Pretty generic work back-ground questions. Two weeks of hearing nothing, I receive an interview invite at the branch. Came in and had two sets of interviews. Asked more about my resume and experiences, what i was expecting out of the job, and why i wanted to work there. A Pretty simple and relaxed-environment type interview. A week later I was asked to perform a few assessments on customer service, team work and detail orientation. They were pretty simple

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at scottrade   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable 10.50.

Server Engineer Interview

Server Engineer
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – (2) interviews in total. First was a phone screening, then an in person interview. Then there was an over the phone skills exam where a 3rd party asked a series of questions relevant to the position. Final offer was presented over the phone.

Interview Question – none really. It was all pretty standard server admin stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was pressed to reveal my bottom line and then they offered exactly that but promised bonuses would make up for it. --- the bonus has been less and less each quarter I've been here

Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in September 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted resume through their website. I received a call shortly after and scheduled a phone interview. They asked basic HR questions. I then received a call for an in person interview. Interviewer asked basic questions and then I took a basic math test that was timed. He then said he would let me know. Never heard back.

Interview Question – What do you know about Scottrade?   View Answer

Back Office Development Intern Interview

Back Office Development Intern
Broomfield, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very painful.

First, I got a call from HR...asking for details and explaining about the position and all. (It was like an Informal Interview)

After I agreed for everything (Salary, Internship Length etc), HR set up a formal phone interview where he asked me questions about customer service, about the company..

Later, after few days, HR called me back again and setup a Onsite Interview, where he said it was HR Interview, I went there and HR had a 1:1 interview asking me questions which were little similar to my phone interview related to customer service, and also questions like how you deal with angry customer?, what are the 3 most important skills for customer service etc. (Round 1)

After this, he asked me to wait in the interview room and told me that I will be having a technical Interview next (Surprise !!!). After 5 minutes two people turned up and started asking me every possible technical question they can in (Software Engineering, Testing, Databases, Object Oriented Concepts, Data Structures (Binary Search)). Luckily, I correctly answered around 28 questions out of 30 odd questions that were asked. (The questions were not earth shattering, but they wanted to test if you understood them properly). I went back home after these two Rounds.

Next day, I got a call from HR again asking me to come to onsite again for a next round of Interview somewhere in next week. This time I was Interviewed with two other people (One of them is the Manager), again a mix of technical + HR questions. After the Interview, HR conducted a Skills test which included some basic quantitative analysis questions. When I came out of office, I was really exhausted, but one thing which made me happy was that the HR told me that this is my last round of Interview, and will get the result in a week to 10 days.

After 10 days I haven't heard from him, so I shooted an email asking about the status. A day after, another HR left me an email asking me to come for an other round of interview for onsite. The only reason I went was that I knew I was pretty close to getting an offer, and didn't want all my previous hard work in vain, though her voice mail really pissed me off.

This time, I was Interviewed for 2 Rounds, where the first round was very simple, a database guy asked me 4 questions and walked out of the room. The second round was about Java, it went for around 30 minutes or so. Questions were OK, but I felt they were useless. After the interview was over, I got a feeling that, the entire office is interviewing me, felt like, if I give a chance, they will even ask a janitor to interview me (no offence here).

I came out of office with a feeling that, if these people will call me for another round interview, I am simply gonna show my m****e fi*ger, and tell them that I am no more interested in the job. Few days, after I got a call from HR, Congratulating me , and told that I am selected for the position. Of course, I wasn't excited, he called me again to take the finger printing.

Overall, for a 18$ job and an Internship in an outdated COBOL technology, they took the crap out of me by taking around 6-7 rounds in the span of two months (I believe not even Amazon or Google does this)

Interview Question – Difference between Functional and Non Functional Requirements?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer else where..and I didn't like the Interview Process

Branch Intern Interview

Branch Intern
Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview asked a few basic interview questions, it was an HR person from their HQ in MO, I heard back 2 weeks later to schedule an interview with my local branch near my school. The questions are based on customer service and prior experiences that you have to describe.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Scotttrade?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable $10.50 an hour

Stock Broker Interview

Stock Broker
Somers Point, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Scottrade in May 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with a basic phone interview. then moved on to more challenging questions with the face to face.

Interview Question – time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – did not see a lot of room for career growth

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in December 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me a couple of days after I applied online. she asked me a couple of questions about my background and past experiences then invited me to come to interview. met with manager more of a conversation than an interview and had to take a skills test on line after. was offered the position a couple of days later.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult Coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – intern position not really negotiable

Very Difficult Interview

Service Center Stockbroker Interview

Service Center Stockbroker
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Scottrade in January 2012.

Interview Details – The entire process with Scottrade was very weird. The recruiter was extremely unprofessional during the initial phone screening and had absolutely no enthusiasm about herself, very monotone. I was given an expectation of 1 week to be contacted for an in person interview, this took 3 weeks instead. They had me submit references (you log into checkster.com and send email invitations to your references and they have to be currently working at a corporation) and I had a very successful( and what I thought was a promising) interview with the manager. After the interview they had me complete an assessment, basically I felt like I was testing for the Series 7 again! Lots of question on options. I was sure I blew it and the recruiter said everyone fails it (so why make people take it?) and she assured me not to worry. She stated the hiring manager was really impressed with me and wanted to confirm my availability. She stated they would be making hiring decisions in a week and a half. I thought I had the job based on the feedback, however 2 weeks later I received a letter in the mail (with my name spelled wrong) that I was not being offered the position.

Interview Question – The 50 question test on options were a big surprise!   Answer Question