Scottrade

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stock Broker Internship Interview

Stock Broker Internship

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and three weeks later I got a call back from an HR person from St. Louis. I then was asked a few basic questions about customer service experience and was asked to setup an interview time. I setup the time and met at the local branch with the branch manager. We went through basic questions regarding school schedule, career interests, and customer service experience.

Interview Question – What can you say that will make me want to hire you?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Stock Broker Internship Interview

Stock Broker Internship

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in August 2009.

Interview Details – First applied online through careerbuilder. Received a call about 3 weeks later. First call was to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview mostly consisted about your interest in the stock market, questions about previous customer relation experiences, etc. This interview was fairly short.

Once the phone interview was finished, you were told you would get a call back in a week or two by a branch manager. I then received a call from a branch manager the same day I had the phone interview (they are very quick with there interns) to set up a face to face interview.

Also, before the face to face interview you have to fill out an application, reference check, and authorization to do a FBI fingerprint background check.

Face to face interview consisted of being interviewed by the branch manager, explaining what the day to day operation of an intern are, followed by a series of questions regarding your future outlooks, customer skills, school schedule, etc. The same day I took a series of personality and accuracy tests on the computer at the branch. Very simple questions, nothing to complicated. Again you are told that you will be contacted for an offer if made. Branch manager called me the same week, you are given an offer, but it is contingent upon an FBI fingerprint background check. Fingerprint check takes about a week or two, once it clears they call you and you start your internship.

The whole process was very fast and it seems they really do want to get you started as soon as possible.

Interview Question – Behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really no leverage for pay negotiation, but then again its an paid internship which you really do not see to much of these days.

Go over various customer relationship questions, have at least four good references on hand, fill out application before face to face interview, bring copies of your cover letter and resume, and also send a thank you letter/email after your interview. The branch managers really look at your personality, so be yourself on the interview.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Scottrade

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!

Scottrade Videos

Scottrade – Why Work for Us?

A Brief History of Scottrade Rodger Riney began our company more than 30 years ago with a focus on providing deep discounts along with customer satisfaction to the individual investor. Since then, we have dramatically… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scottrade Stock Broker Internship interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Scottrade employees and interview candidates.