Scottrade Stock Broker Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied for a Job Online , their interview process was generic. Behavior question, weakness and strengths, all those scripted questions. The interview was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question, weakness and strengths, achievements and what's your worst experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scottrade

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scottrade (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

First, they have to do the phone interview, after that they set up on face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Stockton, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Started out with HR from St. Louis calling for a 30 minute for interview, which than moved on to meeting with the manager of the branch. The interview consisted of going over my resume and getting a feel for the office environment. After interviewing for a couple of hours he had me take a personality test.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you could say that would make me want to hire you before you leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers Point, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scottrade (Somers Point, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Started off with a basic phone interview. then moved on to more challenging questions with the face to face.

Interview Questions

did not see a lot of room for career growth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade (Exton, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

The process consisted of a 50 questions series 7 exam, which took me by surprise. I was also asked about what to do if there were multiple clients needing assistance and how i would handle the situation. It was a very laid-back, very friendly environent. This did seem like an excellent place to work, and the hiring manager was very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scottrade (Orlando, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Took a while to be contacted Did a phone interview with HR recruiter, general tell us about yourself and experience Interviewed with branch manager, basic situational questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade (Andover, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

The Scottrade hiring process is heavily reliant on websites like, indeed, monster and career builder. I was bombarded with emails since my resume was on all of these sites. I found it rather odd that I received recruiting emails even though I had already applied for the position. I ended up receiving a call from a recruiting agent from Scottrade a couple of weeks later in regards to my application. They were extremely vague as to the amount of compensation offered for the position and whether the position was salary only,commission only, or salary plus commission. Needless to say, it was not a good experience, but through being direct, I was told the position started at $40,000. I was not impressed with anything the company had shown in the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scottrade (Saint Charles, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Received a phone call from a corporate HR person and had a very brief phone interview asking about my past experiences as well as a few basic questions about my employment status. I was told that I would be contacted later that week by the branch manager. After not being contacted that week, I called the recruiter back and asked if there was anything else I had to do. She told me that she had recently spoken to the branch manager but would tell him to call me again. A few days later, the branch manager called and set up an in-office interview time. When I arrived for the interview, the manager was the only person in the office which seemed strange. We sat down for the interview and instead of talking about the position or asking me questions, he asked me what questions I had for him. I told him that I was hoping to hear about the company/position before I asked my questions but he told me that he didn't have the list of questions and that this would be a "less structured/formal" type of an interview. Basically, it seemed as though he didn't care and was half-assing it for some reason. He hardly asked me any questions and the ones he did were not very deep. I later assumed that he had already decided on who to hire but didn't want to cancel with me. It was a very poorly run interview on the manager's part and although I thought I did well in the "interview," I did not leave feeling confident that I would get the position. It was far too easy and not inquisitive enough.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scottrade (San Francisco, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

office interview with the branch manager 1 on 1. very positive converstaion. friendly and clear.

Stock Broker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scottrade in June 2011.

Interview

Everything was by phone

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle time sensitive tasks?   1 Answer