Scottrade

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2010.

Interview Details – Took a while to be contacted
Did a phone interview with HR recruiter, general tell us about yourself and experience
Interviewed with branch manager, basic situational questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Scottrade in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a Job Online , their interview process was generic. Behavior question, weakness and strengths, all those scripted questions. The interview was over the phone.

Interview Question – Behavior question, weakness and strengths, achievements and what's your worst experience?   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Scottrade in May 2013.

Interview Details – First, they have to do the phone interview, after that they set up on face to face interview.

Interview Question – What do you think of this position is challenged?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Somers Point, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Scottrade in May 2011.

Interview Details – Started off with a basic phone interview. then moved on to more challenging questions with the face to face.

Interview Question – time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – did not see a lot of room for career growth

Exton, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Scottrade in April 2010.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a 50 questions series 7 exam, which took me by surprise. I was also asked about what to do if there were multiple clients needing assistance and how i would handle the situation. It was a very laid-back, very friendly environent. This did seem like an excellent place to work, and the hiring manager was very friendly.

Stockton, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in October 2011.

Interview Details – Started out with HR from St. Louis calling for a 30 minute for interview, which than moved on to meeting with the manager of the branch. The interview consisted of going over my resume and getting a feel for the office environment. After interviewing for a couple of hours he had me take a personality test.

Interview Question – What's one thing you could say that would make me want to hire you before you leave?   Answer Question

Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Scottrade in February 2010.

Interview Details – The Scottrade hiring process is heavily reliant on websites like, indeed, monster and career builder. I was bombarded with emails since my resume was on all of these sites. I found it rather odd that I received recruiting emails even though I had already applied for the position. I ended up receiving a call from a recruiting agent from Scottrade a couple of weeks later in regards to my application. They were extremely vague as to the amount of compensation offered for the position and whether the position was salary only,commission only, or salary plus commission. Needless to say, it was not a good experience, but through being direct, I was told the position started at $40,000. I was not impressed with anything the company had shown in the hiring process.

Reason for Declining – . I was not impressed with anything the company had shown in the hiring process.

Very Easy Interview

Saint Charles, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in August 2009.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from a corporate HR person and had a very brief phone interview asking about my past experiences as well as a few basic questions about my employment status. I was told that I would be contacted later that week by the branch manager. After not being contacted that week, I called the recruiter back and asked if there was anything else I had to do. She told me that she had recently spoken to the branch manager but would tell him to call me again. A few days later, the branch manager called and set up an in-office interview time. When I arrived for the interview, the manager was the only person in the office which seemed strange. We sat down for the interview and instead of talking about the position or asking me questions, he asked me what questions I had for him. I told him that I was hoping to hear about the company/position before I asked my questions but he told me that he didn't have the list of questions and that this would be a "less structured/formal" type of an interview. Basically, it seemed as though he didn't care and was half-assing it for some reason. He hardly asked me any questions and the ones he did were not very deep. I later assumed that he had already decided on who to hire but didn't want to cancel with me. It was a very poorly run interview on the manager's part and although I thought I did well in the "interview," I did not leave feeling confident that I would get the position. It was far too easy and not inquisitive enough.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Scottrade in February 2008.

Interview Details – office interview with the branch manager 1 on 1. very positive converstaion. friendly and clear.

Stock Broker

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Scottrade in June 2011.

Interview Details – Everything was by phone

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scottrade

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!

Scottrade Videos

Scottrade – Why Work for Us?

A Brief History of Scottrade Rodger Riney began our company more than 30 years ago with a focus on providing deep discounts along with customer satisfaction to the individual investor. Since then, we have dramatically… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scottrade Stock Broker interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Scottrade employees and interview candidates.