Scottrade

www.scottrade.com

Scottrade Stockbroker Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Stockbroker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade.

First is a phone interview with a HR rep. then about a week later you get a second person to person interview with the hiring manager. Its only two interviews total

Interview Questions
  • questions are basic, mostly asking about your past positions and how they relate to the one your applying for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scottrade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in March 2012.

standard situation type questions. "Tell me about a time"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Scottrade in December 2008.

I was called for an interview about 1 week after applying on the Scottrade career website. The phone interview consisted of very basic question about why I wanted to work at Scottrade and how I would handle certain client situations. I was also given the opportunity to meet the hiring manager which was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in August 2008.

Apply online...phone interview...inperson interview...they call you and offer you the job or they dont call you at all.

Interview Questions
    • Descride a difficult client and how you helped them through the process.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. Its a desired position. If you dont like what they give you then you dont get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Scottrade in February 2008.

Interview consisted of standard interview questions such as why did you choose this company, where do you see your self in 5 years, and so on. As long as you already have a series 7 license you are good to go.If not, they may scrutinize you a lot more.

Interview Questions
    It is a set salary that is not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in February 2007.

Good overall. Was met at the airport by a long-tenured employee, who proceeded to drive me to the main office for the interview. Everyone was friendly and professional. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe how you would handle the following situation.   Answer Question

Stockbroker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scottrade in August 2008.

Applying as a broker, I initially choose my location then uploaded the resume and simply waited. I got a call from HR within 2 weeks or so. After that they had to check all of my references which took approximately about 3 weeks due to my previous employer. Overall it was a good experience.