Scottrade

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stockbroker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade.

Interview Details – First is a phone interview with a HR rep. then about a week later you get a second person to person interview with the hiring manager. Its only two interviews total

Interview Question – questions are basic, mostly asking about your past positions and how they relate to the one your applying for.   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in March 2012.

Interview Details – standard situation type questions. "Tell me about a time"

Interview Question – market knowledge test at the end of the interview   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Scottrade in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of standard interview questions such as why did you choose this company, where do you see your self in 5 years, and so on. As long as you already have a series 7 license you are good to go.If not, they may scrutinize you a lot more.

Interview Question – Just generic interview questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is a set salary that is not negotiable.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Scottrade in December 2008.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview about 1 week after applying on the Scottrade career website. The phone interview consisted of very basic question about why I wanted to work at Scottrade and how I would handle certain client situations. I was also given the opportunity to meet the hiring manager which was a good experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Scottrade.   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in August 2008.

Interview Details – Apply online...phone interview...inperson interview...they call you and offer you the job or they dont call you at all.

Interview Question – Descride a difficult client and how you helped them through the process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Its a desired position. If you dont like what they give you then you dont get the job.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in February 2007.

Interview Details – Good overall. Was met at the airport by a long-tenured employee, who proceeded to drive me to the main office for the interview. Everyone was friendly and professional. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Question – Please describe how you would handle the following situation.   Answer Question

Stockbroker

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scottrade in August 2008.

Interview Details – Applying as a broker, I initially choose my location then uploaded the resume and simply waited. I got a call from HR within 2 weeks or so. After that they had to check all of my references which took approximately about 3 weeks due to my previous employer. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when....?   Answer Question

Worked for Scottrade? Contribute to the Community!