Scotts Miracle-Gro Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2014

2.6

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in February 2014.

Online application via Taleo - although Taleo is a big name in the industry the application process is slow and took at least 30 minutes to complete. Phone screen by a recruiter took about 30 minutes, followed by initial phone call with manager to ask technical questions. Panel onsite interview followed with a long grueling day of back to back interviews.

Interview Questions
    • typical behavioral questions until one IT manager started grilling me about pay and salary. He seemed to have a concern about my pay, which I had discussed with the recruiter? Deep dive into what I wanted pay wise rather than a discussion of what I would do in the job or what I had done - weird and inappropriate since I was not talking about an offer.   Answer Question

Was concerned about working for the money obsessed IT manager.

Scotts Miracle-Gro Response

Aug 18, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback on the online experience we are working to make the candidate application experience easier and faster.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Great HR recruiting department. Quick and good communication. 2 interviews, first on the college campus and second at the headquarters. The first was with 2 people and simple, the second was 3 interviews with 2 people each. Pretty standard interview process. I was extended an offer at the end of the headquarter interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were working on a big project and you fell short of your deadline.   View Answer
    Given that I am an intern, there was no negotiation besides when I had to respond by.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in January 2012.

HR Interview followed by either panel interviews or one-on-one sessions with various members of the Marketing organization. There is no real formal process and each interviewer is different. Some go through the resume and background while others ask questions specifically tied to your ability to perform the functions of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for case study questions to test your thinking skills.   Answer Question
    The company does not do a lot of negotiating. They were firm on the offer and bonus plan but did increase the vacation allowance from two to three weeks.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in February 2014.

Very easy interview all you need is a good head on your shoulders

Door II Door Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in March 2014.

1 Interview. Must pass drug test and background check

none

Store Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in February 2011.

Standerd ability to work and identification paperwork and pre-employment drug test. Product knowledge background and workplace situation scenarios- lift 50 lbs, use ladders, operate a pallet jack, stand on your feet and work in a busy warehouse store environment.

Interview Questions
    • are you willing to adjust to a constantly changing work hours.   Answer Question

Merchandiser/Counselors Interview

Meet with the sales manager and he/she gives details of the job. Asks very basic questions and then offers you the position. Awesome company that treats their employees excellent. Room for growth and to have an enjoyable work experience. This job is awesome.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Answered an ad in CareerBuilder and was called for an interview. Interviewed wit the VP of Sales personally; later with the Regional President via phone. Received a call the next day offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why I wanted to leave the current employer I was with.   View Answer
    No negotiation needed; I gave them a salary and that is what they paid me.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in August 2013.

It was Very fast, every week there was a talk, first-phone screening, 2nd with Team leader, 3rd-on site interview, 4th week-result

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in May 2013.

they called me to scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was really basic, asking questions such as What do you value? What are you future goals? What interests you in Scott miracle grow? The recruiter said she would contact me within a week, but I received no response from her and continued to follow up and I would always get her voice mail.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future goals? what interests you in scotts miracle grow?   Answer Question

Worked for Scotts Miracle-Gro? Contribute to the Community!