Scotts Miracle-Gro

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.7

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in August 2013.

It was Very fast, every week there was a talk, first-phone screening, 2nd with Team leader, 3rd-on site interview, 4th week-result

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Initial phone interview asking basic questions about self and pass employment. Second interview I was flown out to area applied for had to prepare a business development powerpoint and defend it. Also had to explain how I would successfully run my territory business.

Interview Questions
    • Two days before the interview they send you a prompt and ask you to develop a business model off of a little information provided in email.   Answer Question
    They made me an offer and told me about perks and relocation. It was a fair offer so I accepted immediately.

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in May 2013.

they called me to scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was really basic, asking questions such as What do you value? What are you future goals? What interests you in Scott miracle grow? The recruiter said she would contact me within a week, but I received no response from her and continued to follow up and I would always get her voice mail.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future goals? what interests you in scotts miracle grow?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Went through a panel interview with 3 purchasing managers. Went over my resume and some basic supply chain questions.Such as" Can you talk more about the...(related to your past experience)" One question: Why Scotts?

Interview Questions
    • Really not that unexpected questions. Be confident and communicate with them.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in March 2013.

It was one interview and if they liked what you brought to the table, they hired you on the spot. Basically you were paid $500 base salary a week plus commission plus overtime. You had to go through a drug test. Where I interviewed was a new location for Scotts Lawnservice and they were desperate to staff an entire office.

Interview Questions

Only to find out that the overtime pay was only 1/2 of your weekly salary. I thought they would be different from other competitors, but they are not. I came to the conclusion that I do not recommend to anyone to work in the lawn care industry.

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in November 2012.

easy bro i mean easy like like like like pie

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in January 2012.

I had 8 different interviews prior to being offered the position. Two of interviews were in person and the others were via the phone. Once I was offered the position the background check took three weeks.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take the offer or not.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in January 2012.

HR Interview followed by either panel interviews or one-on-one sessions with various members of the Marketing organization. There is no real formal process and each interviewer is different. Some go through the resume and background while others ask questions specifically tied to your ability to perform the functions of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for case study questions to test your thinking skills.   Answer Question
    The company does not do a lot of negotiating. They were firm on the offer and bonus plan but did increase the vacation allowance from two to three weeks.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in December 2011.

I went through an initial phone screen and then was asked to come in for several hours of interviews. I met with several managers, one person who would have been a peer and the director of the area.

Interview consisted of the standard behavioral based questions and probing questions into past experiences. Everyone was very open and honest about their experience at Scotts.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stood out as a very difficult question.   Answer Question

Several times during the interview process they brought up how many hours people work during the day. As someone who has worked in escalating positions at a Fortune 200 company and have many peers at other large companies, I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how long people work and was is considered normal but the people I interviewed with pushed several times about the long hours. I tried to probe to get more information about what caused the long work days--lots of meetings, lots of report-generation, not having the right resources, but really couldn't get a handle on what was causing the long days.

Personally I value a results-based culture that focuses on outputs, not inputs and also believe that work-life balance is important. In the end, I didn't think it was a good fit.

Mc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in April 2011.

show up in casual clothing (khakis and button shirt)

confortable and easy going