Scotts Miracle-Gro Sales Manager Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro.

Initial phone interview asking basic questions about self and pass employment. Second interview I was flown out to area applied for had to prepare a business development powerpoint and defend it. Also had to explain how I would successfully run my territory business.

Interview Questions
  • Two days before the interview they send you a prompt and ask you to develop a business model off of a little information provided in email.   Answer Question
They made me an offer and told me about perks and relocation. It was a fair offer so I accepted immediately.

Other Interview Reviews for Scotts Miracle-Gro

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in January 2012.

I had 8 different interviews prior to being offered the position. Two of interviews were in person and the others were via the phone. Once I was offered the position the background check took three weeks.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take the offer or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in February 2011.

They question you on everything from your first job to your current status and future goals. A great company with an interesting business model for the field sales teams. The Sales Managers all work together to be successful. They want motivated and hungry people who aren't afraid to work 70 hours a week during the 100 days of hell in busy season.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years with this company?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle yourself in an extreme situation with co-workers?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate tuition reimbursement immediately instead of a trial offer. The salary and bonus was a huge improvement so who was I to argue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Scotts Miracle-Gro in October 2010.

Phone interview went well, mostly simple background questions. Second interview with Dist. Mgr and the person who previously held the open position (he was recently promoted). I thought the interview went very well, more in depth questions about work history, future plans, some situational questions but nothing drastic or uncomfortable. I thought it all went well but a "thanks, but no thanks"e-mail a few days later crushed my hopes. Too bad. Seemed like a nice place to work. Interviewers were very nice and professional without being stuffy. Company has good reputation for career advancement. I think they're after young employees who want to start climbing that corp ladder.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work long hours (60+/wk) during the busy season (Spring, early Summer)?   Answer Question

Worked for Scotts Miracle-Gro? Contribute to the Community!