Scoular Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scoular Company.

Interview

I got a hold of an HR person and we talked for a little while. They had me send them my resume and take a personal cognitive test. After that they set up a phone interview with the recruitment person for Business Manager. Everyone was extremely friendly, not an intimidating experience at all.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe one time when you had to think on your feet?   Answer Question

Merchandiser II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scoular Company.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR was very casual, assessing exactly what you are looking for. It helps them determine what open positions you would be the best fit for. Once you get past that, they know you would fit and its time for the management to decide if any of them are interested in bringing you on. In-person interview consists of a Wonderlic Test, as well as face-to-face interviews with 3-4 upper management. Again, overall pretty casual. Primarily assessing your how well you present yourself as an individual.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe have examples of your past work, key contributions you were responsible for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They present you with an offer, it's up to you to counter-offer. Made a counter-offer but was told the offer I was given was the best they could do. Not sure if they were bluffing, most likely after getting to know them they were.

International Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

Given a Wonderlic Test and a personality test. Interviewed by your direct supervisor, the next level up, and another manger.

Negotiation

I was a contractor, so no negotiation.

Business Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

I signed up for this interview at a campus career fair. I almost canceled the interview after reading about Scoular here on Glassdoor, but decided to do the interview anyways just for experience. The interviewer asked me a lot of irrelevant, unethical, and ILLEGAL questions pertaining to my age and marital status amongst other things. As much as I didn't want to work for this company before the interview, I was disgusted with them after the interview. Never heard back one way or the other about the job.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Omaha, NE) in April 2013.

Interview

I first found out about the Scoular Company through a career fair at my university. After giving a resume to the recruiter I received an email asking me to fill out a personality index the next day. After doing so, I was asked to set up a phone interview with the same recruiter. The phone interview lasted around 30 minutes and I was told I would be contacted within a week with plans to bring me into the headquarters in Omaha. Well, about a month and a half went by before I ever heard another word from the recruiter. Once I did hear back from him, I was asked to schedule an interview in Omaha and was given an itenerary of my interview schedule. This consisted of 4 interviews that were supposed to last around 30 minutes apiece, so altogether, the interview would last approximately two hours. The first person I met with was the HR rep for the company. I was immediately given a Wonderlics Cognitive Intelligence test and then shown around the building. The second, third, and fourth people I met with completely grilled me on every part of my resume. the atmosphere in the room was one of complete business & determination I would say. There was no room for any sort of joking around. The only thing I can equate my interviewers to would be complete sharks in the water; out for blood. I did leave the interview with a rather positive outlook overall. I felt that I had done quite well, & I felt that my interviewers liked me and were eager to bring me onboard. I was even sent home with an application & an expenditure report, which I was not expecting to receieve, in order to compensate me for my travels. Exactly one week later I received a two sentence letter stating that the company felt "other candidates were better qualified for the position".

Interview Questions

• Say you start with the company at _________ salary; after five years, what do you hope to make?   1 Answer

Business Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scoular Company (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2011.

Interview

Spoke w/ HR at a campus career fair. Came in for an interview the next week. Before you meet with anyone for the interview they have you take the Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test as well as a personality test where you check off words you think others would describe you on one side, and words you would use to describe yourself on the other side. Then spent about 30 minutes speaking with manager. Asked usual behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If $100,000 fell out of the sky, no strings attached, what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Business Manager Trainee Interview

Application

Interview

Invited via email for an interview at the Minneapolis office. I was first given an logic test followed by a personality test; spent about 10 minutes each. I then completed two interviews; each one-on-one almost entirely behavioral questions (tell me about a time...). Each interview was supposed to be just twenty minutes but each ran about 30-35 min. All good people, and I felt welcome during the entire process. I received a letter in the mail 2-3 weeks later saying I didn't get the job. Good luck!