Screwfix Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Screwfix

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodford, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Screwfix (Woodford, London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I had applied online (total jobs) and less than a week later I received a phone call asking if I was free to do a 10 minute phone interview. The phone interview was fairly easy, asking about the background of Screwfix, do I know how the ordering system works and why I want the job. After the interview if you're successful they emailed me within a few days to let me know I was successful and that they want me to go to a face-to-face interview. In this email they had sent attachments of a reference sheet (you will need to bring it with you!) Background information of Screwfix (I would do your homework) and location of where the interview takes place.

On the day I was dressed very smart but the room was mixed with smart to smartish casual. The age ranged from 18-40. There was about 20 of us and at the time 10 positions going since it was for a brand new store. They spilt us into groups of 4 and got us to do a group presentation about the background, benefits, whats good about the job etc. You will be presenting back into your small groups with the Screwfix mentor. They will be looking for contribution and confidence! After that we had an individual interview asking easy questions about why do you want this job and name a time you did this type questions. To end the day we did some role play with a customer wanting to buy something but you had to ask the right questions to find out what he wants.

Overall it was a good day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you showed great customer service?   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you've had to work under pressure? how did you cope?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I think Screwfix would be a good job to have with decent perks.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chingford, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at Screwfix (Chingford, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line went through a brief telephone interview. Turned up to 3 hour group assessment and there was about 16-20 other people. The staff were actually very rude whilst claiming its such a great place to work. First the was some long-winded presentation about the company which was uncalled for it was all on the internet. Then a table activity and presentation at the end. Then a one to one role play in the corner. Finally a 1-1 interview. The staff were so hostile mine was about 2 minutes long whilst others who fit the demographic were 20 minutes.

Supposed to hear back a week later even if unsuccessful but still heard nothing

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yeovil, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Screwfix (Yeovil, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

Firstly, I had a screening phone interview.
    I then had an initial interview with HR and the head of department
    Finally, I had a second interview which was a presentation interview with my line manager and head of department.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard interview questions. Tell us about a time when you increased sales? Tell about a time when a project didn't go to plan? why? what could you have done differently? what have you learnt?   Answer Question