Scripps Health

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Scripps Health.

Interview Details – This was an internal position. I went through an interview with the hiring manager and a couple different panel interviews. One with other IS staff and one with customers.

Interview Question – No really challenging questions, I thought of them as pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an internal hire there was not too much, but I did get offered one percentage and propose another which was accepted.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Scripps Health.

Interview Details – Easy overall - multiple group interviews, phone interviews but nothing spectacular. This isn't Google

Interview Question – Some technical questions that anybody with a CS degree should be comfortable to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate.

Postdoctoral Interview

Postdoctoral

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Scripps Health.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got contacted by e-mail in about a month by the prospective supervisor to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes, he didn't ask much questions, just told that I seemed to be a good fit for this position and asked some questions about my availability and visa situations. The same day got a e-mail from him inviting for the on-site interview. I was asked to prepare a talk about my previous research. The on-site interview lasted for about 2-3 hours, including the talk + questions/discussions, then individual communication with different people in a group, and a lunch.

Negotiation Details – There was not much to negotiate, as the position was payed by a grant and had a fixed salary.

PSR III Surgery Scheduler Interview

PSR III Surgery Scheduler
La Jolla, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Scripps Health in September 2009.

Interview Details – Lengthy process once application is approved by HR and then sent to the hiring manager. I waited over 1 month until I heard from someone about an actual interview, then waited another 2 weeks until they presented me with an offer. If you are seeking employment immediately, please keep this in mind.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me 50 cents more than I requested. Unless you have a degree, the stages of a PSR I to III is variable in range.

Claims Interview

Claims
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scripps Health in July 2011.

Interview Details – When meeting with Jenny, I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly she was. Her office was warm and inviting filled with pictures of her handsome son. She shook my hand immediately and made note of my interview notebook. When she began the interview process, her tone immediately calmed my nervous energy. The interview felt like I was talking with an old friend that I was catching up with. Although this was a temporary job, she treated the interview as though I was going to be a permanent employee and an integral asset to her team.

Interview Question – Honestly, I do not remember specific questions, only that most of the questions were standard.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and interviewed at Scripps Health.

Interview Details – They have a hiring fair at Scripps Mercy where you get the chance to interview for two hospitals. You go in the morning dressed and ready with copies of your resume and they choose what unit you will be interviewing with. You then interview with the little manager of that particular unit. A bad manager will just read off the piece of paper and not be spontaneous in asking questions which is the manager I got. Very bad! The second manager was awesome, from Mercy Hospital, very experienced and comfortable interviewing and asking questions of first person accounts of what I've done and how I handled situations. Totally aced it! Wish to God I had gone with Mercy instead of La Jolla Green!

Interview Question – I got a total BS question. what do you think is the biggest issue facing nursing today?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. You just take what they give you and they tell you its the best. Its not.

Rad Tech Interview

Rad Tech

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Scripps Health in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was prepared to answer the standard questions, like "tell me about yourself", "Why did you choose this profession?" But he didn't ask very many questions, and they were mostly open-ended behavioral/situational. "Tell me about a recent success. Why were you successful?" "What would be your ideal job/work environment?" "Tell me about a time, professionally, when you had to be flexible to complete a task/goal..."

Interview Question – Would others (such as your faculty and classmates from school) consider you a leader?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Scripps Health.

Interview Details – Very basic, they attempt to tell you how awesome their company is and how they are top ranked. They will feed you good the first day to attempt to impress you. Anyone that knows hospitals knows they are no where near the top of the competition .

Interview Question – Very simple and basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they tell you what they are offering.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scripps Health.

Interview Details – Two panel interviews with team. The first interview was standard questions. The second focused with more job specific situations and how I would handle those situations.

Interview Question – Standard questions with a focus on how I dealt with change.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Occupational Therapist Interview

Occupational Therapist
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Scripps Health in August 2008.

Interview Details – First interview with Rehab supervisor and one staff therapist, second with director of rehab.
Very nice, encouraging, not intimidating.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a first job and I did not negotiate, rather accepted the first offer.

Worked for Scripps Health? Contribute to the Community!