Scripps Health

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.8

Pharmacy Technician - Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scripps Health.

Went during Interview event. Applied online and waited until it was my turn. Bring your certification and license. They can get it later but it looks better if you have it. Hand them your resume right when you see the interviewer. They will ask questions about yourself. I didn't have any experience but she liked my personality and that I was a people person. Then they told me only the graveyard shifts were available. I guess I couldn't hold my expression so they basically told me I wasn't the right fit and they were right. Late hours just were not do-able for me. They were really nice. Didn't get an offer but my confidence entering the working force wasn't effected.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Scripps Health.

This was an internal position. I went through an interview with the hiring manager and a couple different panel interviews. One with other IS staff and one with customers.

Interview Questions
    • No really challenging questions, I thought of them as pretty standard.   Answer Question
    As an internal hire there was not too much, but I did get offered one percentage and propose another which was accepted.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scripps Health.

Easy overall - multiple group interviews, phone interviews but nothing spectacular. This isn't Google

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions that anybody with a CS degree should be comfortable to answer.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate.

Postdoctoral Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Scripps Health.

Applied online. Got contacted by e-mail in about a month by the prospective supervisor to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes, he didn't ask much questions, just told that I seemed to be a good fit for this position and asked some questions about my availability and visa situations. The same day got a e-mail from him inviting for the on-site interview. I was asked to prepare a talk about my previous research. The on-site interview lasted for about 2-3 hours, including the talk + questions/discussions, then individual communication with different people in a group, and a lunch.

There was not much to negotiate, as the position was payed by a grant and had a fixed salary.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Scripps Health.

They have a hiring fair at Scripps Mercy where you get the chance to interview for two hospitals. You go in the morning dressed and ready with copies of your resume and they choose what unit you will be interviewing with. You then interview with the little manager of that particular unit. A bad manager will just read off the piece of paper and not be spontaneous in asking questions which is the manager I got. Very bad! The second manager was awesome, from Mercy Hospital, very experienced and comfortable interviewing and asking questions of first person accounts of what I've done and how I handled situations. Totally aced it! Wish to God I had gone with Mercy instead of La Jolla Green!

Interview Questions
    • I got a total BS question. what do you think is the biggest issue facing nursing today?   Answer Question
    None. You just take what they give you and they tell you its the best. Its not.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Scripps Health.

Very basic, they attempt to tell you how awesome their company is and how they are top ranked. They will feed you good the first day to attempt to impress you. Anyone that knows hospitals knows they are no where near the top of the competition .

Interview Questions
    No negotiation they tell you what they are offering.

Rad Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scripps Health in July 2013.

I was prepared to answer the standard questions, like "tell me about yourself", "Why did you choose this profession?" But he didn't ask very many questions, and they were mostly open-ended behavioral/situational. "Tell me about a recent success. Why were you successful?" "What would be your ideal job/work environment?" "Tell me about a time, professionally, when you had to be flexible to complete a task/goal..."

Interview Questions
    • Would others (such as your faculty and classmates from school) consider you a leader?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scripps Health.

Two panel interviews with team. The first interview was standard questions. The second focused with more job specific situations and how I would handle those situations.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions with a focus on how I dealt with change.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scripps Health in July 2011.

When meeting with Jenny, I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly she was. Her office was warm and inviting filled with pictures of her handsome son. She shook my hand immediately and made note of my interview notebook. When she began the interview process, her tone immediately calmed my nervous energy. The interview felt like I was talking with an old friend that I was catching up with. Although this was a temporary job, she treated the interview as though I was going to be a permanent employee and an integral asset to her team.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I do not remember specific questions, only that most of the questions were standard.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scripps Health in March 2010.

You must apply online, and complete a Talent questionnaire. Scripps post jobs daily, and receives thousands of application for each job. It's important to keep your eye on the job posting (check the website every afternoon around 4 PM), and submit your resume promptly. You want to be one of the first applicants for the posting, or your resume will be lost in the sea of other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • What is the key to providing extraordinary patient or customer service?   View Answer
    You will be assigned an HR recruiter. Depending on the position, the pay grade and what your initial off is, there is usually room for negotiation. However, some positions have a set salary, and that salary is non-negotiable...take it or leave it.