Scripps Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Digital Content Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scripps.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. Began by talking to a recruiter with HR over the phone. A few weeks later I interviewed with some people in management, again over the phone. Finally they interviewed me in person with the manager that I'd be working for directly. There was really nothing that surprised me about the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scripps.

Interview

Just talked with the GM. Very easy. It was a very comfortable setting where we just talked and I answered a few questions. The next interview was with a few of the department heads.

Digital Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scripps.

Interview

I loved the process. A recruiter reached out to me. We had a phone interview. Then I had an interview with the local manager. Then I interviewed with their manager and that person's manager. But every step felt good. There was also a video interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scripps (Baltimore, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Great interview process. You have to go through a lot of steps to get hired. They were quick with the process and you have the ability to speak with a lot of people who are at the corporate level

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a question that really stumped me, but you do have to a virtual interview which is pretty nerve wrecking   Answer Question

Digital Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scripps.

Interview

I had 3 interviews face to face very informal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Production Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scripps.

Interview

Got a phone call from department manager calling me in for an interview. We talked about the TV industry and my experience. Got a phone call a week later with an offer, then from there did a drug test, background check and then set a start date about a month from the interview.

Interview Questions

• They want to know you've had experience working in a tense environment as it is in live tv   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, not sure if it's an option but it wouldn't hurt to try once you've gotten an offer

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scripps (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Phone screens with a few people from HR. Followed by office visit to Cincinnati and interviews with several people across related functions during a day. Be ready for a full day of talking with people. Everyone I met was very nice. The mission of the company is very important to people who work there.

Interview Questions

• Really, no difficult or unexpected questions. Standard fare. Conversational meetings.   Answer Question

Jupiter Position Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scripps in January 2014.

Interview

I received a call from HR asking me about my salary requirements then I was told I would be receiving a link to do a video interview. This is a web based program so you are not even speaking to a person. It was very impersonal in my opinion. I am not relocating. This is a local job. Video interviews should be used for long distance candidates. I think companies have forgotten that interviewing is a 2-way street.

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scripps.

Interview

Long response time, but time between first contact and offer was short. Everyone was nice and friendly and was very straightforward. Lots of forms to fill out.

News Producer Interview

Interview

Interview scheduling all arranged by email. Briefly asked about past experience, offer in one day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.