Scripps

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Account Executive Interview

Digital Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scripps.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews face to face very informal

Interview Question – how would you find your own leads   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Newspaper Producer Interview

Newspaper Producer
Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Scripps in December 2012.

Interview Details – I went through an entire day of interviewing, with a total of about eight managers. I found everyone cordial, and they asked a lot of questions about my background. I also sat in on news budget meetings so I could see how they handle business. I was impressed with the professionalism and regard for employees.

Interview Question – I was asked why I want to stay in newspaper journalism. It's a rapidly declining field.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't really in a position to negotiate, but found little to quibble about. Their offer was fair.

Production Technician Interview

Production Technician

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scripps.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from department manager calling me in for an interview. We talked about the TV industry and my experience. Got a phone call a week later with an offer, then from there did a drug test, background check and then set a start date about a month from the interview.

Interview Question – They want to know you've had experience working in a tense environment as it is in live tv   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, not sure if it's an option but it wouldn't hurt to try once you've gotten an offer

Product Management Interview

Product Management
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scripps.

Interview Details – Phone screens with a few people from HR. Followed by office visit to Cincinnati and interviews with several people across related functions during a day. Be ready for a full day of talking with people. Everyone I met was very nice. The mission of the company is very important to people who work there.

Interview Question – Really, no difficult or unexpected questions. Standard fare. Conversational meetings.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Scripps.

Interview Details – Long response time, but time between first contact and offer was short. Everyone was nice and friendly and was very straightforward. Lots of forms to fill out.

News Producer Interview

News Producer

Interviewed at Scripps

Interview Details – Interview scheduling all arranged by email. Briefly asked about past experience, offer in one day.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Bilingual Producer Interview

Bilingual Producer
Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Scripps in June 2013.

Interview Details – It probably took about a couple to a few months after I put in my application to get a phone call. The interview was pretty through: They asked me all the general questions and explained the work environment at the station. Then they showed me a number of commercials spots and asked me what my opinion was on them regarding how they were filmed, edited, and scripted. Then they tested my Spanish skills to see if I could actually translate a script into Spanish. The interview took about an hour and half.

Interview Question – When they tested my knowledge of video production and my Spanish skills   View Answer

Ad Executive Interview

Ad Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Scripps.

Interview Details – Slow but thorough and extremely professional. The company conducts thorough background, verification and drug screening. They are very professional but the hiring process is slow. Expect at least six weeks from the time you are first contacted for a phone screen to actual offer and start date.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Digital Interview

Digital
Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Scripps.

Interview Details – It was a long interview process that included a personality survey, phone interview, in person interview and a presentation. Everyone I met was friendly and I felt comfortable talking to them. However, after spending all that time I got a simple form letter rejection with no reason given. They just stated that it was "a difficult decision". Too much time spent for no feedback. I felt that they were just jerking me around. :(

Interview Question – Most difficult part is the presentation where you were given limited information and limited time to make recommendations for their client   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Scripps.

Interview Details – It was the most unprofessional hiring process that I've ever experienced. I applied one day and received an email from the local location. Later that day, they called me and started having some sort of impromptu interview. They actually declined me via email when I was still on the phone with them. Reasoning? It was too inconvenient for them to interview someone out of state in person; by that logic, they shouldn't have had this impromptu interview. It was confusing, ridiculous, and overall quite rude.

Interview Question – Why do you like sales? Give us a broad overview.   Answer Question

Worked for Scripps? Contribute to the Community!