Scripps Interview Questions

Digital Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Scripps.

Interview

I loved the process. A recruiter reached out to me. We had a phone interview. Then I had an interview with the local manager. Then I interviewed with their manager and that person's manager. But every step felt good. There was also a video interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Scripps (Baltimore, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Great interview process. You have to go through a lot of steps to get hired. They were quick with the process and you have the ability to speak with a lot of people who are at the corporate level

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a question that really stumped me, but you do have to a virtual interview which is pretty nerve wrecking   Answer Question

Digital Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scripps.

Interview

I had 3 interviews face to face very informal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Production Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scripps.

Interview

Got a phone call from department manager calling me in for an interview. We talked about the TV industry and my experience. Got a phone call a week later with an offer, then from there did a drug test, background check and then set a start date about a month from the interview.

Interview Questions

• They want to know you've had experience working in a tense environment as it is in live tv   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, not sure if it's an option but it wouldn't hurt to try once you've gotten an offer

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Scripps (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Phone screens with a few people from HR. Followed by office visit to Cincinnati and interviews with several people across related functions during a day. Be ready for a full day of talking with people. Everyone I met was very nice. The mission of the company is very important to people who work there.

Interview Questions

• Really, no difficult or unexpected questions. Standard fare. Conversational meetings.   Answer Question

Jupiter Position Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Scripps in January 2014.

Interview

I received a call from HR asking me about my salary requirements then I was told I would be receiving a link to do a video interview. This is a web based program so you are not even speaking to a person. It was very impersonal in my opinion. I am not relocating. This is a local job. Video interviews should be used for long distance candidates. I think companies have forgotten that interviewing is a 2-way street.

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Scripps.

Interview

Long response time, but time between first contact and offer was short. Everyone was nice and friendly and was very straightforward. Lots of forms to fill out.

News Producer Interview

Interview

Interview scheduling all arranged by email. Briefly asked about past experience, offer in one day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Ad Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Scripps.

Interview

Slow but thorough and extremely professional. The company conducts thorough background, verification and drug screening. They are very professional but the hiring process is slow. Expect at least six weeks from the time you are first contacted for a phone screen to actual offer and start date.

Bilingual Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Scripps (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It probably took about a couple to a few months after I put in my application to get a phone call. The interview was pretty through: They asked me all the general questions and explained the work environment at the station. Then they showed me a number of commercials spots and asked me what my opinion was on them regarding how they were filmed, edited, and scripted. Then they tested my Spanish skills to see if I could actually translate a script into Spanish. The interview took about an hour and half.

Interview Questions

• When they tested my knowledge of video production and my Spanish skills   1 Answer