Scripps Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014
Updated Aug 28, 2014

Jupiter Position Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Scripps in January 2014.

I received a call from HR asking me about my salary requirements then I was told I would be receiving a link to do a video interview. This is a web based program so you are not even speaking to a person. It was very impersonal in my opinion. I am not relocating. This is a local job. Video interviews should be used for long distance candidates. I think companies have forgotten that interviewing is a 2-way street.

Digital Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Scripps.

I had 3 interviews face to face very informal

there was no negotiation

Newspaper Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Scripps in December 2012.

I went through an entire day of interviewing, with a total of about eight managers. I found everyone cordial, and they asked a lot of questions about my background. I also sat in on news budget meetings so I could see how they handle business. I was impressed with the professionalism and regard for employees.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I want to stay in newspaper journalism. It's a rapidly declining field.   View Answer
    I wasn't really in a position to negotiate, but found little to quibble about. Their offer was fair.

Production Technician Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scripps.

Got a phone call from department manager calling me in for an interview. We talked about the TV industry and my experience. Got a phone call a week later with an offer, then from there did a drug test, background check and then set a start date about a month from the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know you've had experience working in a tense environment as it is in live tv   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, not sure if it's an option but it wouldn't hurt to try once you've gotten an offer

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Scripps.

Phone screens with a few people from HR. Followed by office visit to Cincinnati and interviews with several people across related functions during a day. Be ready for a full day of talking with people. Everyone I met was very nice. The mission of the company is very important to people who work there.

Interview Questions
    • Really, no difficult or unexpected questions. Standard fare. Conversational meetings.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Scripps.

Long response time, but time between first contact and offer was short. Everyone was nice and friendly and was very straightforward. Lots of forms to fill out.

News Producer Interview

Interview scheduling all arranged by email. Briefly asked about past experience, offer in one day.

No negotiation possible.

Bilingual Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Scripps in June 2013.

It probably took about a couple to a few months after I put in my application to get a phone call. The interview was pretty through: They asked me all the general questions and explained the work environment at the station. Then they showed me a number of commercials spots and asked me what my opinion was on them regarding how they were filmed, edited, and scripted. Then they tested my Spanish skills to see if I could actually translate a script into Spanish. The interview took about an hour and half.

Interview Questions
    • When they tested my knowledge of video production and my Spanish skills   View Answer

Ad Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Scripps.

Slow but thorough and extremely professional. The company conducts thorough background, verification and drug screening. They are very professional but the hiring process is slow. Expect at least six weeks from the time you are first contacted for a phone screen to actual offer and start date.

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Scripps.

It was a long interview process that included a personality survey, phone interview, in person interview and a presentation. Everyone I met was friendly and I felt comfortable talking to them. However, after spending all that time I got a simple form letter rejection with no reason given. They just stated that it was "a difficult decision". Too much time spent for no feedback. I felt that they were just jerking me around. :(

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part is the presentation where you were given limited information and limited time to make recommendations for their client   Answer Question

Worked for Scripps? Contribute to the Community!