Scripps Networks Interactive

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Food Network offices in New York has an extremely enjoyable work culture. When I first interviewed for an intern position I was brought into the office promptly. I first met with the person who would be my direct supervisor. Afterwards, she brought in another member of her department before bringing in the director who oversees them. For the most part, the interview went well however, it got to be a little monotonous since you were repeating things over and over as someone else was brought in. So, while my main interviewer was in there she had to listen to me repeat the same information three times. I was hired later that week via email from HR.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions that struck me as difficult or unexpected. It was a pretty standard interview and they just wanted to know the interviewee's adaptability to new circumstances.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was really easy. I sent my resume via their website. after a while they called me. I had an interview with a manager and a week later they called me from HR to give the internship.

Interview Question – Usuall question for internships: what do you study, what do yo wanna do etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is an internship

Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 employees. They asked why I was interested in Scripps and what experience I had. They asked what type of managements skills I had and specifics about my resume. Overall, a great experience, and they all spoke very highly of the company.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in a position at Scripps?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive

Interview Details – It was a very low-stress interview process. Mostly, they expect the potential intern to ask lots of questions in order to learn more about the business. Be prepared with thoughtful questions. You should be very familiar with their brands and products before the interview. It's okay if you don't watch the shows, but be familiar with the products.

Interview Question – If you are seeking an internship, completely different than your past experience. Be prepared to explain why you suddenly have taken an interest in their department.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scripps Networks Interactive

Worked for Scripps Networks Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scripps Networks Interactive Intern interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Scripps Networks Interactive employees and interview candidates.