Scripps Networks Interactive

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in August 2013.

Interview Details – The Food Network offices in New York has an extremely enjoyable work culture. When I first interviewed for an intern position I was brought into the office promptly. I first met with the person who would be my direct supervisor. Afterwards, she brought in another member of her department before bringing in the director who oversees them. For the most part, the interview went well however, it got to be a little monotonous since you were repeating things over and over as someone else was brought in. So, while my main interviewer was in there she had to listen to me repeat the same information three times. I was hired later that week via email from HR.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions that struck me as difficult or unexpected. It was a pretty standard interview and they just wanted to know the interviewee's adaptability to new circumstances.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Software Engineer
Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

Interview Details – 1. phone interview
2. one to one interview with manager
3. Group interview

Executive Producer Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

Interview Details – Phone interview. It was pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Talked about shows I had worked on.   Answer Question

Public Relation Intern Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

Interview Details – I got a contact through a friend and after I sent an email I was referred to someone who delegates interns. She contacted me and after a few emails I went in for an interview. She was extremely nice and I got the internship.

Interview Question – Didn't have one. Questions were really basic. Go through resume... favorite Foodnetwork star, etc.   Answer Question

Manager, Ad Sales Marketing Interview

Manager, Ad Sales Marketing

Interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive

Interview Details – Started with an initial phone screening of basic questions, then an in-person interview with HR. From there, met the hiring manager then the VP of the group. HR questions were on work experience, but the following interviews were legit. Questions made you think about what you were saying.

Interview Question – How would you define marketing? Not too difficult, but wasn't something I had "prepared" to think about.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in December 2009.

Interview Details – From start to finish, I'd say the interviewing process took about 2 months. That included a phone interview with their HR recruiter and two in-person interviews, the last of which was with my direct supervisor. Once I was offered the position, I had to complete a background check and drug test before setting a start date. Pretty standard procedure.

Interview Question – Despite my credentials and stated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, I was still asked to demonstrate my knowledge on the spot. It was as if they didn't trust what I had written on my resume, which was strange because it's what I had on my resume that propelled them to schedule an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate. I was offered the salary I requested. Though, looking back, I should have pushed back for more money.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was really easy. I sent my resume via their website. after a while they called me. I had an interview with a manager and a week later they called me from HR to give the internship.

Interview Question – Usuall question for internships: what do you study, what do yo wanna do etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It is an internship

Systems Engineer Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in October 2011.

Interview Details – Started out with a phone interview one on one with the hiring manager. General technical questions, pretty straight forward. The tone of the interview was more about personal fit for the org than technical skills. Second phone interview was with a group, similar setting, but more technical. Everything was quite good. Went for the in person interview, had a couple of different panel interviews, both very casual, somewhat technical, but nothing overwhelming for a seasoned UNIX administrator.

The second panel interview consisted of sitting down at a terminal with some abstract situations, which I felt generally were not very representative of real life scenarios. The whole interview process was quite amiable, and honestly I thought I killed it, but ended up not getting the positions due to unknown reasons. Never got any solid feedback on why other than they 'needed someone who could hit the ground running on a high profile project' so it must have been something fairly specific that they were hunting, as all the qualifications on the listing I met & demonstrated.

Interview Question – Most of the questions revolved around generalities. There were no specific questions that stand out to me, and most of them were about fairly basic UNIX admin.   Answer Question

Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 employees. They asked why I was interested in Scripps and what experience I had. They asked what type of managements skills I had and specifics about my resume. Overall, a great experience, and they all spoke very highly of the company.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in a position at Scripps?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online for a role with company and within a few weeks received a phone screen interview. Recruiter asked basic questions that one would expect for the role I applied for. The questions revolved around my experience with very little to no questions pertaining to my character. I felt the screening went well but after the call there was no further communication from the company, not even an email confirming the position had been filled.

Interview Question – Direct questions were asked about specific duties from my experience.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scripps Networks Interactive

Worked for Scripps Networks Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Scripps Networks Interactive interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Scripps Networks Interactive employees and interview candidates.