Scripps Networks Interactive

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard back from HR within a week to set up initial phone interview. Phone interview took about 40 minutes. I was a bit nervous due to the fact that this was my first interview in years, but I thought it went well regardless. I was told I would be contacted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager within a few days and if that goes well the next step would be an in-house panel interview. I was contacted by e-mail a few days later that the hiring team changed direction and I am no longer in the running for the job. I was encouraged to apply to other suitable positions. Overall, this was a positive experience even though I was not offered the job. the HR manager I spoke with was very courteous, professional and informative. Questions addressed my previous experience and touched upon the role I was applying to.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your previous experience.   Answer Question
    • What do you think the "next big thing" is in terms of emerging technologies?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay up to date with current and emerging technologies?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

Interview

The communication throughout the process was consistent and thorough. They called when they said they would and kept me well informed on the progress. Each meeting was very casual and relaxed and was more conversational than just generic interview questions. After the offer came in, I was given time to think it over, then 2 weeks until my start date (after accepting the position).

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Interview

It took between two to three years after sending my first of three resumes until I landed an interview. First were a couple of telephone interviews; second a video conference interview which required me going to a local Kinko's; then an in person interview in Knoxville. An offer was extended about a month after the in person interview and was contingent on a negative urinalysis.

Interview Questions

• Can you work for someone younger than yourself?   1 Answer

Maintenance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Had to apply through temporary agency months in advance. Contacted through temporary agency I worked for. I accepted another job while waiting for a reply from agency and Scripps. Contacted in November 2014 for interview in Knoxville.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a recent accomplishment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Job offer with starting salary then follow up telephone call of offer.

PR/CommunicationsAt Travel Channel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through the company database and received an email a few weeks later to come in for an interview. I was first interviewed by the PR assistant, then the director. I had to repeat some information over again since the director was not in the room the first time. The internship paid $10 an hour. I was asked about travel experience, bloggers and news sources.They emailed me about a week later saying they were going with someone with more experience.

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

1. phone interview 2. one to one interview with manager 3. Group interview

Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Phone interview. It was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Talked about shows I had worked on.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The Food Network offices in New York has an extremely enjoyable work culture. When I first interviewed for an intern position I was brought into the office promptly. I first met with the person who would be my direct supervisor. Afterwards, she brought in another member of her department before bringing in the director who oversees them. For the most part, the interview went well however, it got to be a little monotonous since you were repeating things over and over as someone else was brought in. So, while my main interviewer was in there she had to listen to me repeat the same information three times. I was hired later that week via email from HR.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions that struck me as difficult or unexpected. It was a pretty standard interview and they just wanted to know the interviewee's adaptability to new circumstances.   Answer Question

Public Relation Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

Interview

I got a contact through a friend and after I sent an email I was referred to someone who delegates interns. She contacted me and after a few emails I went in for an interview. She was extremely nice and I got the internship.

Interview Questions

• Didn't have one. Questions were really basic. Go through resume... favorite Foodnetwork star, etc.   Answer Question

Manager, Ad Sales Marketing Interview

Interview

Started with an initial phone screening of basic questions, then an in-person interview with HR. From there, met the hiring manager then the VP of the group. HR questions were on work experience, but the following interviews were legit. Questions made you think about what you were saying.

Interview Questions

• How would you define marketing? Not too difficult, but wasn't something I had "prepared" to think about.   Answer Question