Scripps Networks Interactive

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.6

Broadcast Engineer Interview

It took between two to three years after sending my first of three resumes until I landed an interview. First were a couple of telephone interviews; second a video conference interview which required me going to a local Kinko's; then an in person interview in Knoxville. An offer was extended about a month after the in person interview and was contingent on a negative urinalysis.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work for someone younger than yourself?   View Answer

Maintenance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in November 2014.

Had to apply through temporary agency months in advance. Contacted through temporary agency I worked for. I accepted another job while waiting for a reply from agency and Scripps. Contacted in November 2014 for interview in Knoxville.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a recent accomplishment?   View Answer
    Job offer with starting salary then follow up telephone call of offer.

PR/CommunicationsAt Travel Channel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in July 2014.

Applied through the company database and received an email a few weeks later to come in for an interview. I was first interviewed by the PR assistant, then the director. I had to repeat some information over again since the director was not in the room the first time. The internship paid $10 an hour. I was asked about travel experience, bloggers and news sources.They emailed me about a week later saying they were going with someone with more experience.

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

1. phone interview
    2. one to one interview with manager
    3. Group interview

Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

Phone interview. It was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Talked about shows I had worked on.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in August 2013.

The Food Network offices in New York has an extremely enjoyable work culture. When I first interviewed for an intern position I was brought into the office promptly. I first met with the person who would be my direct supervisor. Afterwards, she brought in another member of her department before bringing in the director who oversees them. For the most part, the interview went well however, it got to be a little monotonous since you were repeating things over and over as someone else was brought in. So, while my main interviewer was in there she had to listen to me repeat the same information three times. I was hired later that week via email from HR.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that struck me as difficult or unexpected. It was a pretty standard interview and they just wanted to know the interviewee's adaptability to new circumstances.   Answer Question

Public Relation Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive.

I got a contact through a friend and after I sent an email I was referred to someone who delegates interns. She contacted me and after a few emails I went in for an interview. She was extremely nice and I got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have one. Questions were really basic. Go through resume... favorite Foodnetwork star, etc.   Answer Question

Manager, Ad Sales Marketing Interview

Started with an initial phone screening of basic questions, then an in-person interview with HR. From there, met the hiring manager then the VP of the group. HR questions were on work experience, but the following interviews were legit. Questions made you think about what you were saying.

Interview Questions
    • How would you define marketing? Not too difficult, but wasn't something I had "prepared" to think about.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in October 2011.

Started out with a phone interview one on one with the hiring manager. General technical questions, pretty straight forward. The tone of the interview was more about personal fit for the org than technical skills. Second phone interview was with a group, similar setting, but more technical. Everything was quite good. Went for the in person interview, had a couple of different panel interviews, both very casual, somewhat technical, but nothing overwhelming for a seasoned UNIX administrator.

The second panel interview consisted of sitting down at a terminal with some abstract situations, which I felt generally were not very representative of real life scenarios. The whole interview process was quite amiable, and honestly I thought I killed it, but ended up not getting the positions due to unknown reasons. Never got any solid feedback on why other than they 'needed someone who could hit the ground running on a high profile project' so it must have been something fairly specific that they were hunting, as all the qualifications on the listing I met & demonstrated.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions revolved around generalities. There were no specific questions that stand out to me, and most of them were about fairly basic UNIX admin.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Scripps Networks Interactive in August 2011.

I worked with a recruiter to get in contact with the company. The recruiter coordinated an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. We discussed my background and experience. From there I was invited for an in person interview with the organization. I spent a couple of hours meeting with different panels from the various departments. Each panel had a specific technology area from which the questions came from.

Interview Questions
    • What resource do you use to stay on top of current trends in the market and maintain your skills?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate additional salary.