ScrollMotion

Updated Oct 25, 2014
Updated Oct 25, 2014

2.5

Documentation Manager Interview

I was contacted by someone from ScrollMotion HR. She said: I work for a tech startup called ScrollMotion. We make really cool mobile apps in the enterprise space. I noticed your profile on LinkedIn, looked through your profile, and I think your experience is great. I'm not sure if you are in the job market or at least open to new opportunities, but we'd love to chat with you sometime if you are interested. However, even if you're not, I'm still very impressed with your background and profile and you should be very proud of your accomplishments!"

It sounded like an interesting company, and they sounded very interested in talking, so I responded to suggest times to talk, and never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • What was unexpected was that the HR rep would reach out to me and then not respond after I suggested times that we could talk by phone. I think that they should generally contact potential hires this way only if they are interested in actually talking to them. As a general courtesy, they should provide some type of response after encouraging people to respond to interview requests.   Answer Question

QA Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ScrollMotion.

The interview process was simple. Basically a very well-mannered person talked at me for 30 minutes. When asked if I was interested, I eagerly nodded my head. ScrollMotion will hire anybody and everybody. They will keep the investors' children on payroll while they waste everyone's time.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ScrollMotion in July 2012.

The interview process was quick and concise went through the whole gamut of interviews in a structured and timley manner. The hiring process happened a couple of days later. It was quick and decisions were made rapidly. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard but with some technical slant so obviously needed to know what I was talking about.   Answer Question
    Negotiate a little more. Its possible if they want you they will pay for it. But don't get greedy either.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ScrollMotion in December 2011.

I initially received email from the person I would be reporting to. The email consisted of a list of questions dealing with Apache, networking, mail, and find -- intermediate Linux questions, basically. I then got a phone call from him and we talked about my background and work. A few days later, I got a call from his boss and, again, the discussing was focused on my background and experience. Finally, a few days after that I got a call from the CTO and his was more of a high-level conversation about the company and what I could bring to it.

I then visited their offices and met the first gentleman who interviewed me. At that point he grilled me with technical questions, some of them basic ones that I knew, others obscure ones that would require some research. When he was done he took to criticizing my responses, but then passed me on to his boss. (Quite honestly I thought the interview was over after his remarks to me.)

The culmination was meeting the CTO, who took me into a small conference room and was looking over my resume and hardly looking at me. He then said he had no questions and asked if I had any questions for him. I then proceeded asked him questions.

When it was all said and done, the first interviewer then emailed his list of questions and asked that I research them and respond. It was a very strange request, I must say.

Interview Questions
    • What are the functions of a router and a switch?   Answer Question
    • What are the advantages and disadvantages of relative and absolute modes of chmod?   Answer Question

Pharmacy - Trying to Control the Angry Mob Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at ScrollMotion in May 2011.

Their hiring proces is a joke, they have no idea how to hire fire, access, they have no idea what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The way the company is so poorly run, how people burn out, yell, they think they have this chordate culture because there are books on wall, but they need to grow uo   Answer Question

Head Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ScrollMotion in January 2010.

Scrollmotion knows what they want and they are building a team unlike anything I have every been a part of.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths/ weaknesses. Am I good at Atari   Answer Question
    Be honet, they are fair and working there is going to make your life better and trust me do what you can to get a job there if there are any even available

Design Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at ScrollMotion.

When I started, it was pretty minimal, and I only had to meet with the person I would be working directly under. There was no HR at the time.

Interview Questions
    There was back and forth with the controller, who tried very hard to pay very little.