Sea World

Updated Dec 6, 2014

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Food Service Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sea World in December 2014.

group interview with three tasks,
1. choose a character from sea world ex. elmo and describe why you chose them. introduce yourself
2. "problem solving, unscrambling words.
3. random scenario of how to handle a customer service issue.
I waited about an hour and a half and asked me if I wanted a position. Make sure to be upbeat and ask a lot of questions although pretty much anyone is hired. A girl came wearing extremely tight pants and a crop top, didn't shake the interviewers hands, and did not actively participate in the group interview but still got hired.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if there weren't any shamu towels left and a customer really wanted one?   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Sea World

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sea World in January 2012.

I arrived 10 minutes early for my appointment but had to wait 1 1/2 hours to be interviewed because they were having computer issues. Asked four questions and was offered a job on the spot. Gave me a choice of two restaurants that they needed to fill. Had to fill out a 2-3 page packet after then fill out a (roughly) 10 page packet on the computer which was mostly typing my name at the bottom and entering the date. Interviewer was very friendly but only new info about the position because of some friends that worked in it. Then went to a quick drug test (hair sample) and was fitted for uniforms.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you recommended a movie to a family member and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to work with someone you didn't like and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sea World in March 2011.

It was very easy! I just had to apply online when the position I wanted was available. I am working during the summer (seasonal) but for the best opportunities I advise anyone like me to start applying in March/April. About 3 weeks later I got a phone call asking me a few questions about availability and why I wanted to work there. Then during the call they schedule me for an interview 3 days later. I went in, and since this is just an hourly wage job 2 others and myself did a group interview with one person from HR. She was very sweet and asked us to talk a little about ourselves and a few scenerio questions. Immediately after she pulled us out separately and told us about our job more in depth (if we got it) and that we could start the sign up process that day or come back in the next few days. I just filled everything out then, went in for a drug test (hair), and told to come back for orientation next week. They were all very nice and able to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at sea world?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a boring task you had and what you did to make it not so bad.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a person in a previous situation (school, work....) that didn't do what they were supposed to?   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you had to suggest going to a certain restaurant, ride, or entertainment place? How did you do it and was it successful?   Answer Question
    Hourly rate is set but they let me decide what park I wanted to work at and if I wanted to do cart or restaurant sales.